1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

1-2 months timeskip

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Aizen, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Aizen Fuck Bleach :(

well, franky needs to build the ship, and i have a feeling that the strawhats wont leave untill w7 is rebuilded.

and that would take about a month....

Tags:
  2. Wrath Mourning

Well, we might get to see what some other characters are up to... but yes, the Straw Hats will probably be there until then.

I imagine we'll get to see the new bounties being set, since we saw it when it happened the last two times. Plus it's probably time for the Shichibukai to show up again. And now that we know about Dragon, it's possible we'll see him.

3. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

I'm more concerned about Zoro and his sword :/

Those two swords he got for free were kinda hyped up to be pretty powerful (and they are) though it was destroyed too easily in a side panel

4. Jh1stgen Active Member

Then Zoro get a new sword :spaz

And i with the whole timeskip, it is prolly going to happen

5. Wrath Mourning

Actually, we've always known that this sword was the weakest, and it's always been the expendable one - he can't lose the sword he got from his friend, and he can't lose the cursed one, so I was expecting the other one to be destroyed eventually.

He'll just get a totally kickass sword in return. Might be made of Seastone or have a Devil Fruit power, or it might just be one of the very best in the world.

6. MuNaZ <b>I TOOK IT LIKE A MAN</b>

I was thinking that was the cursed one that got destroyed.
    A New sword with seastone would be great...

7. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

I like the idea that the next two or three chapters will cover a 2 month span and show us what all the other characters are up to. That would be Sengoku, some Shichibukai, Smoker and Tashigi, maybe even Whitebeard and Shanks.

8. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it the cursed one that got destroyed? My memory is fuzzy but I thought the shopkeep said the swords were for free after he does that little stunt

9. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

^ I'll go check the chapter again.

10. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

Nope, it wasn't the cursed sword.

The Cursed Sword is Sandai Kitetsu.

The one that was destroyed was Yubashiri.

11. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Oh that's good, I would be kinda annoyed if a hyped up sword was easily destroyed
    Still funny that Oda tried to somewhat hype up the other one

12. Wrath Mourning

Of course it was the expendable sword that was destroyed.

13. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

If any sword was going to be destroyed, it was going to be that one. I'm 100% sure that Ichimonji will never be destroyed.

14. Wrath Mourning

It could only possibly be destroyed after Zoro has beaten Mihawk, because it represents Zoro carrying Kuina's will with him to accomplish their dream.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sword survives every single attack in the entire series, including ones that should have destroyed it, only to crumble after Zoro becomes the greatest swordsman in the world.

15. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

^ A symbol that shows that it's complete, and that the sword is no longer needed.

Although I would like it more if Zoro carried Ichimonji to the death.

16. Code Zoamelgustar

Wouldn't the Sandai Kitetsu be equal to or weaker than his Yubashari? Going by the whole "Sharpest of the Sharp" Sharp" etc.. class deal?

Here's a post I made about it before.

Though yeah, Zoro needs to get a new sword (or fix the current one since it wasn't a cannon fodder sword and he seemed to reflect on it being broken in the last chapter), the Strawhats need a new ship built, and so on...

And as far as I recall there has always been a chapter about other people between arcs. Like after Skypiea there was the whole Doflamingo/Bellamy deal, before Jaya there was the whole Marjorle meeting, and the Shanks/Whitebeard deal, and I believe before that arc Shanks/Mihawk meeting? So there's usually an update on other people between the past few arcs, so it could be nice to have a chapter maybe showing what Ace/Buggy is up to or something like that, then return back to the Strawhats after some timeskip or something.

Of course I still don't see a timeskip (aside from the usually few day timeskip sometimes when they're travelling) happening, but who knows, if Garp trained Luffy, and Garp's Swordsman Assistant Guy (Was his name ever released?) could train Zoro, it would fit their fighting style, and prepare them for the second half of the grandline. So that could take place during the timeskip, along with the "ultimate ship" being fixed, Water 7 rebuilt, Zoro's sword (who knows, maybe the swordsman guy gives him one? His swords were always gotten pretty quick/random) etc... so a lot could possibly be covered if that did happen.

17. Kusajishi ♣ Supremacy ♣

Well the the sword survived an attack from mihawk in their first fight so offcourse it's a strong sword ;)

18. Continuity .

Kuina's Wado Ichimonji is classified as one of the strongest/well made swords ever, so I doubt it will break to the end of the series. Maybe after his final battle, but I wouldn't see the point.

His other swords technically share the same classification as each other I think (merely good, not great), but the cursed one would obviously be stronger... just with some very bad downsides that Zoro is so far able to counteract with his will.

I think he'll keep his cursed sword for a long time because it suits him... if anything he may pick up another cursed sword or get one of the older cursed swords to replace his current one. But the sword that broke was just a "good" quality sword that's easily replaced (if you have the money).

19. tanukibeast bijuuslayer

i just can't believe that nobody would come looking for the strawhats in 1/2 months time but maybe since garp is there world government might think he's handling it. :oh

20. suppai Member

^ I was thinking the samething. but then since they took out all those VA maybe the WG is a little hesitent to send their guys after the SH just to have them wiped out ^^

21. Hitotsumami Hahahahahahah!

Or maybe the World Government has decided to let the Strawhats destroy themselves.

The next half of the Grand Line is close, and there lies the 4 Emporers. Maybe the Government is thinking that they will just let the Strawhats go there, and let them be defeated by Whitebeard, or on of the others.

22. Continuity .

Don't they have to get past the WG HQ though? I somewhat remember that that was near the red line, just before the passage to the second half. Why would they pass up such an opportunity? :)

23. Erpada New Member

Well i am new to this forums, but i been watching and reading One piece with the last of my hairs standing up, can't even wait for the rest of the chapters.
    But here is my opinion of what could happen.
    - THey are gonna stay in Water 7 for a full month cause the repairing of the town and the construction of their new ship.

- Now, how at a hell did Coby become so grown up? i bet Garp has some secret training that like Dragon ball train one year in one day room, he has something like that for training, maybe in this case can be like 1 year in one month which luffy spends training with his Grandpa during the month.U guys gotta take the fact that if they are really close to just 1/2 the GRand Line, and the other pirates and WG people are just so freaking strong, and Luffy just went all the way to his 110% fighting Lucci, how is he gonna defeat the rest of the enemies that i am sure are much more powerful than Lucci.And like i said, they did that in DBZ, and i would love to see that happen in One piece, gone out for training and coming back even more badass than before, I sure loved when Goku was always in training and coming back like 10 times more powerful than the last Arc.

- I am sure Zoro will find a rare sword somewhere either in this month or Oda seems to be releaving a lot of info of the things we really wanna know and even keep us in more suspence. I bet they find out whats up with that Marine girl "Master Chief Petty Officer Tashigi", and she is the one that ends up giving Zoro his 3rd and last sword till the end of the series.

- Everyone knows Franky is joining the crew, probably he is gonna finish the ship and want Luffy to leave to see his ship been used by people he like, yet Luffy its gonna convince him to join them because like Luffy said from the beggining of the arc that he wants to have a ship repair nakama.

24. Vedude Member

I think that Franky are able to build a ship fast, looking at the manga when he created the other ones, so maybe a few days, or perhaps he gets help from all the people there for saving iceburg?

25. JBarnz008 Live!

Not a bad idea at all.

26. TheUzumakiMassacre Banned

Yea...love this "Learn about luffy's family" arc :) .

27. Aizen Fuck Bleach :(

"
    - Now, how at a hell did Coby become so grown up? i bet Garp has some secret training that like Dragon ball train one year in one day room, he has something like that for training, maybe in this case can be like 1 year in one month which luffy spends training with his Grandpa during the month.U guys gotta take the fact that if they are really close to just 1/2 the GRand Line, and the other pirates and WG people are just so freaking strong, and Luffy just went all the way to his 110% fighting Lucci, how is he gonna defeat the rest of the enemies that i am sure are much more powerful than Lucci.And like i said, they did that in DBZ, and i would love to see that happen in One piece, gone out for training and coming back even more badass than before, I sure loved when Goku was always in training and coming back like 10 times more powerful than the last Arc.
    "

luffy doesnt train, he just does it, that's what is so kickass about him :D

i love when he suddenly uses a new trick against an awesome opponent or something (i get shivers over all of my body)

28. Wrath Mourning

Luffy might train, we just don't see it. Zoro trains all the time, but we rarely see him do it.

And besides, Luffy was trained first by his grandfather and then again by someone else (and you'd better believe that someone will become important somehow). At the very least his training method was being thrown into terrible situations and having to learn to survive, which would explain why he gets stronger with every fight he has. He also appears to be a total genius at learning new techniques, given that he copied Soru after seeing it a couple of times.

I suspect that Luffy's training actually consists mostly of him thinking up new ideas for moves. There's very little that he could reasonably do from the deck of the Merry, after all. Maybe some sparring with Zoro and Sanji. And he probably exercises when he's on land.

29. Cryogen476 New Member

The amount of time that has passed in OP has always been in question. If you count the amount of days the strawhats have been on GL they have only been sailing for about 1 month. This is starting from their exit of reverse mountain to the latest chapter:
    Oda has never given us a concrete time frame of how long is has been.

Having a time skip greater than the time they spent on grandline seems to be a strech. If there is a time skip then it will be for a maximum of 3-7 days.

Even then, i highly doubt that there will be a time jump, since other issues need to be addressed. Such as Zoro's sword.

But then again this is Oda we are talking about....anything could happpen. :wink

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006