1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

[16] Zetsu confusion

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Astaroth, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Astaroth

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it everyone's general opinion that:
    1.) Zetsu's black half speaks in kana, and his white half speaks in katakana
    2.) The white, katakana-speaking half has a smoky robotic voice, and the black half has a normal voice.

But, in Shippuuden Episode 16:
    Spoiler: I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, so I'm spoilering it to be safe
    When we see Zetsu's face, his mouth doesn't seem to move when he speaks in his 'katakana smoky robot' voice. But when he speaks in his normal voice, the white half moves his mouth.

Now in the manga, his speech bubbles point just in his general direction, so one has to rely on the alphabet system to figure out which half is talking. Also in the manga, the white half moves is mouth when he speaks 'katakana smoky robot'.
    your visual aid contained two characters yet to be fully revealed in the anime...=/ ~TBH
    The point I'm trying to make is this: It seems that from these two instances (the manga and Shippuuden 16), Zetsu (his white half at least) can speak both voices. So, I don't think his two voices are connected to his two halves. The black half can speak both voices, and the white half can speak both voices.

Tags:
  2. Monna

He should have had a robotic voice. -_-;

Shippuuden keeps failing. Its getting to the point where I just think the manga surpasses the anime at everything.

3. Uchiha Q

You have to expect anime to be be diffrent that a manga.
    I think the main reason that its diffrent is becouse people complained about zetsdu when he first talked in the manga, now the changed it and still they get complains , so we only have to beleave that the anime is better , since they learn from manga mistakes/flaws.

I dont mind to be honest since i dont read manga wich isint that cofusing.

4. Astaroth

Awww....... that's depressing. I was hoping that his bi-coloured-ness is only a symbol of his duality, and that he's just one person with two personalities who just happens to be black and white.

On second thought, it's way to complicated that way. It might be better if he is half and half.

5. Taxman Retired Staff

isn't it the other way around?...:huh

now don't repost the manga page due to it being a spoiler, but I'm trying to understand which panel you were talking about. The one where he's coming out of the ground? I see that more as his "white" side with a pissed off look on his face while the "black" side is talking. Or is it the panel with one speech bubble pointing towards the white side and the other towards the black side but the white side's mouth is open? For all we know in that instance is that the "white" side says the first part, closes his mouth, and the black side begins talking.

uh why? I don't even know where this robotic voice stuff came from in the first place since barely anything about zetsu is actually known.

wait what?...I don't remember any complaints when Zetsu first talked...I remember a lot of "whoa this guy is freakish with a dual personality" statements.

An anime based on a manga is simply an interpretation of that manga. To say that an anime is better because it improves on the manga's flaws when there really isn't a flaw to be improved upon sounds foolish.

6. iander

Umm, Zetsu sounds perfectly fine. In fact, out of everyone in the Anime, I think they do the best with Zetsu. Some people just find flaws where there are none.

7. Shiron

I think it has something to do with Zetsu's one side speaking in katakana. I don't remember the details, since it's been a while since I've read anything about that, but him speaking in katakana somehow ended up meaning that he should have had a robotic voice.

8. SENTINEL

The robot voice idea is priceless-- Paul the SK.

9. Akatsuki_Naruto

I am too wierded out by him to have any confusion of him

zetsu eats people nooooooo zetsu dont ahhhhhhhhh

10. Even

11. Snow

:huh It fails because somethings didn't turn out how you imagined?

12. Zetutsu

Zetsu's profiles (found on the web) specify that the white side speaks in a robotic-like way, like Zetsu did on episode 134 (in which the white side spoke with a very noticeable robotic voice), but in episode 16 (in shippuuden) the white side speaks in a "soft" tone, the black side speaks in a different way, but i don't really find it too robotic. Anyways, the kind of way he talks is not that important, unless you know something about Zetsu that may explain why he talks differently, that is.

13. Ennoea

Sorry but you guys are over reacting. Its nothing thats worth arguing over.

14. geG

What the hell makes you think that? The white side talks in the normal voice and the black side talks in the evil katakana voice. That's the way it's always been.

15. Taxman Retired Staff

so...mind linking the site with that profile even though the raws of the manga make it apparent that it's the other way around...:amuse

and about ep 134...how can you tell...his mouth is covered while talking...=/

and again...it's never been stated that it sounds robotic...it's just people on this forum's perception of what it should sound like....:oh

16. YamazakiSusumu

It was never stated that Zetsu was supposed to have a robot voice. The use of katakana doesn't automatically mean he's a robot... it was only used to distinguish that he had two voices.

I think the original idea of the whole robot thing was because someone stated a long time ago that sometimes robots in manga have their speech written in katakana, but it's definitely not a rule...

17. Spanish Hoffkage

The only true fact I saw is that he has the Golden Byakugam

18. Astaroth

Nobody thinks Zetsu's profile contradicts what he actually says? I guess I'll just have to watch that section in Shippuuden another couple times...

EDIT: I watched it, and when his 'smoky' voice talks, his mouth doesn't move.

I only say 'robot' because that's the best way for me to describe it.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007