1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

'17-'18 NBA Off Season: We All Big Ballers Now

Discussion in 'National Basketball Association 2015 Edition' started by Reznor, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Ghost_of_Gashir BOAT GOAT BOAT

I thought the Embiid contract was terrible and then Andrew Wiggins comes along.

2. Chocochip COOKIE

Another indication of the East being complete shit, I don't remember this series at all. :lmao

3. Shark Skin The Heart[broken]

Embiid is such a fucking beast. He's the East's only hope after LeBron goes and signs with the Lakers next season:cry

4. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

Embiid has played 59games since 2013 and objectively looks like he can be in GOAT discussion.

5. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

He should just go to China.

6. Ghost_of_Gashir BOAT GOAT BOAT

Anthony Bennett is almost a lock to be on the Clippers' trash bench at this rate.

7. Parallax Treachery Moderator

All y'all need to get out of Embiid island I claimed this land years ago

8. Ghost_of_Gashir BOAT GOAT BOAT

Embiid is fuckin trash. Meanwhile I'll just be sitting pretty here in the Kuzma Korner. :noworries

9. afgpride Well-Known Member

The jinxing on Embiid is strong in this thread. Inb4 Greg Oden 2.0.

10. Chocochip COOKIE

Everybody liked Embiid, question was and still is health.

11. afgpride Well-Known Member

12. Parallax Treachery Moderator

Damn you know you're a poverty franchise if you retire Allens jersey :catghost

13. afgpride Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're going to pave the way for the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s in jersey numbers with the rest having been retired to decent but not great players.

14. Chocochip COOKIE

Steve Kerr, calling Curry the GOAT offensive player and one of the best to ever play. Yup, been saying it for years, his gravitational impact is GOAT in the league, and his 15-16 season is the best season in the 00s, and if he has a better one this year and follows through the playoffs, it'd be the GOAT season. Where is VBD telling me Curry isn't shit compared to Lebron?

15. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

16. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

If he was playing in the 90s he would be a role player like Kerr.

Stop it, Steph wasn't more impacful than Bron's spray on hairline, Shaq, KD, Jordan, Magic, Pistol etc. He folds the fuck up like a beach chair during the playoffs.

17. afgpride Well-Known Member

A commonly held myth is that Stephen Curry wouldn't be as effective in the hard knocks era of basketball. On the contrary, he would eat even more. You couldn't double back then; he'd get easy looks all game from pull ups off of screens. He doesn't revolve his game around drives to the basket so he wouldn't get murdered from hand checks like other point guards would either. Teams also weren't shooting a lot of threes back then, so they'd essentially be universally trading his 3s for 2s. He'd single handedly wreak havoc on 90% of the NBA. They wouldn't be ready at all. Some cheeky cunt pulling up from 30 feet and casually swishing it multiple times a game, and he happens to be the best shooter the league will ever see for a while? And you can't even double? Nah, he'd crack 30 every year of his prime.

18. Chocochip COOKIE

You don't understand basketball if you think a guy that has elite separation skills and the best pull up shot/spot up shot/elite finishing skills would be anything other than a superstar. It's not even up for debate, you're 100% wrong on this one. You never even watched 90s ball, and you think DRose's low IQ bball was good. Shaq Lebron Magic sure I'll give you, I actually go to LSU so I studied Pistol Pete. He was one of hte most versatile scorers ever, and had an eye for a spectacular pass, but I'm not sure he'd even make today's NBA.

If you don't understsand anything about how to influence a defense with a player's gravitational impact, you'll never understand why Curry is the best offensive player the game has ever seen. This game is all about eFG% looks determining how to shift a defense, and his ability to do so with PULL UP jumpers from 28 ft out against ANY one-on-one defense has made him the most broken player on that end ever. You knock is playoffs, but he was great last year, and the year before he was injured. His game is based on all skill, little to no athleticism, so the degree of difficulty in making is shots makes it to where he really has to be healthy. The year before that he did well.

He also gets beat up more than 90% of the NBA, he gets killed whenever he doesn't have the ball, you can hear RJ's podcast where Ty Lue wants them to beat Curry up during any off ball movement.

Curry actually has amazing post season numbers, and you don't understand basketball, so idk why I respond every time.

19. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

20. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

GTFO, there was always one man who had no business on the basketball court there specifically for people like him. You think pussy ass Steph is going to be allowed to sit back there and shoot 3s? They will run him off the line and break him. After that hit they are going to give the rock to the man that hit him and have him run through lightskin, bullyball101.

Steph would have been broken by his sophomore season in college, he wouldn't exist.

21. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

It's impossible to convince Kisame3rd that Steph is a transcendent player let alone a top 10 player in today's game.

22. afgpride Well-Known Member

You just hate him because he's light skin with a baby face and doesn't resonate with hood culture. He's an all time offensive player with average defense. With the high minutes and high usage of the 90s he probably could've averaged 40 ppg.

23. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

He's not a transcendent player, I'm sure there were hundreds if not thousands of Steph's that never made it past JUCO. Now is the time when this kind of weak ass ball can be played with all the rule changes etc.

He's not athletic, he's not even genetically superior to an alleycat.

24. afgpride Well-Known Member

He broke the league with his shooting. Led a team to 73-9. He shoots a consistent 45% on off the dribble, long, contested, volume threes.

Your hating might have worked better if you were willing to accept basic facts, but you're not even willing to do that. Might as well argue that the number 3 is greater than the number 5.

25. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

Average my ass, Kerr was so scared of Steph getting anywhere near Kyrie he almost shit himself.

Doesn't matter that he's lightskin, it's the fact that he's not a 2way player and he has been propped the fuck by the league to the extent of having a play by play specifically for him with a catch phrase, that's some serious dickpleasing. Also, he's soft.

26. Kisame3rd14 Well-Known Member

That's soft shit that can be taught, hes not anymore physically gifted than you or anyone in your family.

27. afgpride Well-Known Member

The best shooting the league has ever seen is "soft shit that can be taught", ladies and gentlemen. You heard it here first.

28. afgpride Well-Known Member

Kisame "I'd rather lose with a du rag than win with glasses" 3rd14.

Kisame "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the jumpshot" 3rd14.

29. Vespy89 Active Member

I am so ready for this season to begin i'm glad the East is weak so maybe my Wizards can get a top 3 seed

and goodness that Embiid contract is a gross overpay for a guy who has barely played and is injury prone.

30. Lucifer Morningstar .

His game doesn't revolve around drives, but he made that a fairly significant priority in his scoring arsenal for the last 2 seasons. He used the threat of the 3-pter to open that up and his finishing in the paint was a big part of his offensive improvement in 2016 and 2017 compared to every other year of his career. He was up there with almost everyone (outside of the best bigs at that aspect) ito combo of volume/percentages. He definitely wouldn't be as effective going to the rim in the '90s, though. He can absorb contact, is low-key pretty strong since those adjustments on being more hip dominant and working his low core, and crafty, but he isn't a Jordan, Wade, or even Strickland in that aspect. Those layups, floaters, flips shots, and finger rolls wouldn't be as effective in the '90s with his athleticism/size/strength.

I think hand-checking would affect Curry's perimeter game quite a bit. For his off-dribble game, he relies on angles as much as anyone along with changing the motion of his body and dribble to get around screens and into the lane. Since the refs interpreted the rule better almost always when the offensive player changes their motion after the defender touches them it gets called right now, which is why it rarely happens even though some people mistakenly thinking a guy having their hands on someone's hip while stationary is hand-checking. That is not even getting to the fact that Curry isn't on the level of the top PGs ito his play-making and p&r game, certainly wouldn't be carving defences like Stockton or Price used to with his passing game.

If he was having 30-ppg seasons back then, he wouldn't be at anywhere near the type of efficiency he enjoyed in the last couple seasons, imo. There are only a couple of elite scorers that I think would maintain similar levels of production and efficiency from their scoring games in the '90s and now, and I don't think he is one of them (though he would be an elite scorer in any era).

I think someone like 2008-2011 Nowitzki would do clearly more damage in the '90s with his shooting/scoring game considering his versatility and superiority from a well-rounded/all ranges look. He was already having monster performances against guys like Malone, Robinson, and Duncan in 2001 when his game was still in its infancy.