1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

'17-'18 NBA Off Season: We All Big Ballers Now

Discussion in 'National Basketball Association Edition' started by Reznor, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Sansa Princess.

The OvO colourway Raptors jerseys are fucking flames

I'm buying a DeRozan one

2. Sansa Princess.

Also, Cleveland's FO is fucking insane if they think anyone is going to willingly trade for that contract.

They're going to have to tsukuyomi someone's GM to get them to trade for Thompson.

3. Chocochip COOKIE

It will look dumb by the second round of the playoffs, get you an Anunoby one. He's the OG.

4. Detective ★★★★★★★

As your senpai, I am really proud to see you have chosen to model your team preferences after my own. I have a good feeling about your future in this thread. Don't worry about hitting any rookie wall, because I shall be here to guide you.

:catfeels

5. afgpride Well-Known Member

I'm trying to cop a North Theme Van Vleet jersey. :bury

6. Detective ★★★★★★★

A fucking fire-tier jersey to match up with the man who has the most fire fade in the entire league.

:catsweat

7. afgpride Well-Known Member

Also the Raptors are 3rd in offense and 3rd in defense right now. Absolutely unheard of excellence. You guys are lucky we've been disappointed by the Raptors in the playoffs multiple times already, otherwise I'd be convinced we're heading to the finals :blobcry

8. Detective ★★★★★★★

We play the only other team who has the same Top 4 or higher level differential tonight.

Let us pray, fam

:catfeels

9. Ghost_of_Gashir BOAT GOAT BOAT

Rebounds = #3
    Assists = #5
    Steals = #7
    Blocks = #3
    Double Doubles = #6

But you know, Dennis Smith Jr is better because he jumps higher and chucks the ball at a higher rate while Fox has more potential because he quotes Vegeta.

10. afgpride Well-Known Member

This is that top tier Trump-approved journalism the fake news globalist mainstream media has been trying to keep you from.

11. Lucifer Morningstar .

Going to the game today, this weather though :capc

Also, I lowkey feel like Lowe reads this thread or something :kobeha.

I swear when we go in depth about something, he writes or tweets a post about almost the exact same thing. Recently it was the Nowitzki-Mavs recent play thing I brought up:

He also talked about Jokic's ATG touch-passing, but I posted about that months ago and also mentioned Bird being the GOAT there, so I don't think that's related. I'm probably just tripping though.

And I think someone (maybe Mugen) talked about Oladipo being the best guard in the East over Irving and DeRozan, and Lowe mentioned that in his recent piece as well.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. afgpride Well-Known Member

13. afgpride Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Dipo was billed to be a high ceiling defensive stopper entering the draft. He has good length for his size and the instincts to be in the top end of the elite guards defensively if he puts in the effort. That's a scary thought.

16 Second mark. That's a "short" shooting guard keeping LeBron in check on the help.

14. Lucifer Morningstar .

Anunoby has come down to earth with his offence, but his defence is still very good for a rookie. I feel like teams will Tony Allen him in the post-season though and force Casey to bench him; those corner 3s and transition which make up basically all of his offence are going to be easier to take away with game-planning. He isn't anywhere near the defender of an Allen either, and he isn't crafty at all off-ball, barely even cuts which in this system more of the other Raptors have learned to do quite well (some are more experienced and not rookies, to be fair). Still high on his potential, but at least the Raptors have depth with FVV and Miles if teams go that route.

15. Lucifer Morningstar .

Yeah I think I mentioned very early in the season that Delon Wright was going to be our best defensive player, Anunoby had a a stretch of elite defensive games but I knew his rookie status would regress him back to the mean on both ends (offensively, he's raw but coachable, defensively he's physically gifted and willing, but has a lot to learn).

17. afgpride Well-Known Member

You can make a case for Poeltl being our most effective defensive player though. He has amazing awareness and discipline, it's a ridiculous contrast to JV.

18. Lucifer Morningstar .

He definitely has lapses on defence, but he is still very solid. His defence on James was great. Casey really trusts him to handle some tough assignments already, really shut down James' p&r game (only had 1 assist, ball movement was killed as well). Made some few mistakes on ball screens James set and especially in transition where James had most of his success that game. He had some Leonard-esque moments on James' drives, where he kept up with him the whole way through and even after euro steps to force a bad pass out where James usually will get a guy to foul him or still finish. James couldn't force cross-matches and get switches so much which he thrives on.

At one point when the game was basically over after the 3rd; Anunoby fought over a screen and James just didn't look like he wanted to try to make a move on him and hilariously passed to Thompson inside who couldn't do anything. It was still a team effort obviously, but you can see the Leonard comparisons when he gets screened but forces himself back into the play from behind and has a great contest from behind without fouling. James is a great enough offensive player where he will force those switches, but they had a great defensive game-plan and guys like Poeltl and Wright with the secondary and further help played solid on their principles and game-plans for most coverages. He will definitely be very important against the Cavaliers if they face each other in a series; him and Siakam are the only reliable defenders against him. At least the Raptors won't have to over-help all confused and freak out like in the past.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 4:13 PM
  19. Detective ★★★★★★★

In any other case, I could see your theory pan out, but I am the only one here who knows LM's IRL identity so...

:LOS

20. Chocochip COOKIE

Yeah i was one of the first dudes tldring posts about Curry's gravity on offebse and how him as an off ball player does more for a team than most all time great on ball dudes and what not, then Lowe/Duncan started talking about it in that manner. Kind of pisses me off that reddit ridiculed it back then but now accept it just because some fucks witha Mic said it.

21. Ghost_of_Gashir BOAT GOAT BOAT

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but no joke, this move might've been genius for Melo's development. If he can earn playing time and and MVP status in the Lithuanian league he'll be a bonafide top 5 prospect in his draft class. I doubt Lavar will keep him there that long though.

23. Detective ★★★★★★★

But damn, so proud of this team's heart.

:bury

25. afgpride Well-Known Member

I'm mad. I wanted that fucking win. But it's a huge confidence boost to know that no lead is safe against us. We've never lost by 20 points yet this season and only lost by double digits 3 times. You take our starters out, our bench will still gun you until the last possession.

You know who I'm proud of? Fred Van Vleet. Who would've thought he'd play such good defense against the most dangerous point guard in the league in the final stretch of a game. Our point guard depth is off the charts.

26. Detective ★★★★★★★

Also, JFC, our crowd is insane, but tonight? Those fucking madmen and madwomen

LM doing his part, and hope he definitely enjoyed that game.

Drake the only man in the world who wins, regardless of who loses, because of the matchup in this specific game :lmao

27. Platinum The Superior Being

Bill Simmons cursed himself out of getting the Lakers pick.

28. Detective ★★★★★★★

Also, I want to point out two things:

Look at KD's foot.

THAT WAS CLEAN

BUT BALL DON'T LIE, AND THATS WHY CURRY MISSED 2 STRAIGHT FT'S

And finally, a bonus thing....

JUST IMAGINE THE AIR CANADA CENTER IN THE FINALS IF THIS IS WHAT ITS LIKE ALL THE FUCKING TIME DURING THE SEASON?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:56 PM
  29. Platinum The Superior Being

30. Detective ★★★★★★★