• NBDContest
    Come enter in the NBD Banner Contest !
    Deadline for entries is February 4 at 12:00 pm UTC.
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is January 24 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

'19-'20: NBA Season | Lakers sweet 17

Chocochip

COOKIE
I think Kyrie gets traded for depth. Maybe to a team like the Pistons/Magic/Cavs/Thunder with fifty centers and a bunch of mediocre players.

T.D.A

I think Kyrie gets traded for depth. Maybe to a team like the Pistons/Magic/Cavs/Thunder with fifty centers and a bunch of mediocre players.

I doubt any team is gonna trade for Kyrie when he clearly has commitment issues to the game of basketball.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
Just get Kyrie some meds. Westbrook isn't gonna change your destiny.
KD should have stayed with the GSW lol.

Kyrie being a bitch as per usual.

Also who is playing Defense on this new Nets team.
I think he still rather deal with the drama in Brooklyn than constantly having to prove that he's worthy of his success with the GSW. He got what he wanted and the relationship ran it's course..it was time to leave.

Skaddix

Now if they only traded Kyrie for Westbrook they would have an all star team

Nah they should have traded Kyrie for Like Ben Simmons lol. He wont need to shot with KD and Harden on the team and he actually play Defense and basically guard the best wing players.

wibisana

still newbie
the most "doubtful" super team imo
like 3 superstars combine but people doubting they will succeed

and btw i didnt watch much nets,but i thought Nash was bad at D when he was playing

i mean he coukd go full attack team

Platinum

Dastard
Kyrie would 100% just sit out or retire if traded, so no one would bother with his retarded 95th dimensional space truther mind.

Allen was a great get for the Cavs. They might low-key be in the play-in at this point, if they get healthy. I wouldn't bet on it, but it's probably coming down to the Raptors, Hornets, Hawks, Magic, and them, since the Wizards might trade Beal. Sucks Brooklyn had to give him up and keep DAJ. I think every team got something honestly, even OKC, lol.

And lol Knicks. They could still be a good defensive team the rest of the year, and be at a 30+ win pace (over 82), but they should tank for the Cunningham sweepstakes. He's a generational prospect imo that's going to change one of these bad franchises around. Wouldn't be surprised if he's getting Top-5 to 10 player consideration by his 3rd year in the NBA. Honestly if the Raptors don't get any better, I think they should look into it too. Cunningham coached by Nurse and with Siakam-FVV-Anunoby would be a great core.

They need some wing defenders on the team. A PG defender and wing defenders. Also a better big than DeAndre Jordan
Nets fans seem pretty high on Claxton, but they're definitely getting a big. RHJ, Ariza, maybe Shump, for wings.

They have a PG defender though. People thought Shamet was the key piece in that November trade, but it was Brown. He just put the clamps on Murray, and he can even guard SGs like Mitchell. He had his first start against Utah, and they started the game on like a 21-4 run, with Mitchell being 2/13 or something. He can even D up on bigger wings:

He's going to be a significant piece for them. Not sure what they're going to do with regards to him or Harris starting. Harris is basically a discount Klay Thompson, and already has great chemistry with KD. Tyler Johnson was an elite defensive PG a few seasons ago too, maybe he can get back to that form.

Harris is going to be a massive problem for teams. He's been much better at manipulating top-locking and getting open off-ball since that Sixers series vs Redick, has been one of the highest in distance travelled on offence for a few seasons now too. He's been adding that little side step 3 when defenders hard close-out too, and he can hit it a few steps behind the line too. He also really improved his drives off the basket off spot-up, much better at attacking close-outs. He's a top tier shooter and mover off-ball. He isn't the 3-pt shooter of a Robinson, especially for those immediate release 3s, and contested (although he's been improving in the past 2 seasons for contested 3s), but he's not one-dimensional like him either. He has a really good mid-range shot, is a very smart cutter, and a low-key great finisher unlike most shooters in his archetype (66% at the rim the past few seasons, and that was without Durant/Harden).

He was already a well above 40% 3-pt shooter without any of Irving/Harden/Durant, and now teams will have to deal with him in D'Antoni schemes, ghost screening with Harden running p&r, flaring, pin-downs for KD for open cuts, spotting up on KD post-ups (was one of the most efficient plays with KD/Thompson), etc. This guy is going to be seeing a lot of open shots, and he's been improving hitting contested ones. He's going to be playing with at least 2/3 of Irving/Harden/Durant in most of his line-ups, and most often times a team's 4th or 5th best defender on him. Back when Russell was an AS, it was clear Dinwiddie, Harris, and LeVert were as good, maybe slightly worse, if not better. And Harris, while not as diverse a player, is the perfect fit with the stars on offence. There was a report KD didn't want him on the trading block. He's a capable man defender too. Like I said, discount Klay Thompson.

Irving, Harden, Durant, Harris, Green, Brown is an amazing 6 to roll with. Just have to figure out the next 3-4, especially the big man situation.

Now if they only traded Kyrie for Westbrook they would have an all star team

If they trade him for a PG (which I doubt), it should be Simmons. He can play the Draymond Green role on this team, although with worse help defence. He's the most versatile man defender in the league, can legit guard 1-5 (though not the bigger 5s or GA) and not just spot guarding on switches, top tier passer/playmaker/transition threat, elite finisher/roller in those schemes too.

No one wants to play with that shitballer, Westbrick. The priority for them is probably:

Green
Ibaka

Collison
Sefolosha
Maynor

Krstic

Westbrick

Aldrich

Perkins

Let him rack up triple doubles on a lotto team in peace for the rest of his career.

Life's chill. No expectations for a bit

Return of the 14th pick, lol.

Last edited:

Dracule Mihawk

Untouchable
What happened to Shamet? He had a solid rookie year but has been pretty terrible since. A shooter who can't really shoot. It's going to be interesting to see how they guard in the playoffs.

Will KD guard Giannis and Tatum? Bam is going to bully DeAndre Jordan.

What happened to Shamet? He had a solid rookie year but has been pretty terrible since. A shooter who can't really shoot. It's going to be interesting to see how they guard in the playoffs.

Will KD guard Giannis and Tatum? Bam is going to bully DeAndre Jordan.

His shooting numbers have been trending up recently, but I think he should be the team's 10th man at best (Irving, Harden, Harris, Brown, KD, Green, big man maybe Claxton/Perry or another signing, buyout wing, TLC, Johnson, then probably DJ and Shamet). Nash has been tweaking a lot of line-ups, and in a larger role, he's just not as steady. Just hasn't really improved in any meaningful way since his rookie year.

KD locked up Tatum on Christmas:

I definitely think he'd be the primary defender, but probably see a lot of minutes on Brown as well with how they play off each other.

Yeah, not sure what they're doing about Adebayo, Embiid, GA, Sabonis.. I honestly thought they would have gotten Tucker too, but looks like they either weren't interested, or the Rockets weren't willing to move him in that deal. They play Vucevic tomorrow in their debut too, which has the potential to obviously go very poorly. Marks said they're definitely not done making moves though, and with DJ's minutes recently (before the Knicks game where they had like 9 available players, he was even flat-out benched), you have to think they're looking at bigs. They are likely getting the $5.7M DPE from Dinwiddie's injury, and still have the full taxpayer MLE. Buyout market is going to be big for them to get a legit big and wing/forward defender.

Last edited:

Ryuzaki

Moonlight ۷۸٦
If they trade him for a PG (which I doubt), it should be Simmons. He can play the Draymond Green role on this team, although with worse help defence. He's the most versatile man defender in the league, can legit guard 1-5 (though not the bigger 5s or GA) and not just spot guarding on switches, top tier passer/playmaker/transition threat, elite finisher/roller in those schemes too.

No one wants to play with that shitballer, Westbrick. The priority for them is probably:

Green
Ibaka

Collison
Sefolosha
Maynor

Krstic

Westbrick

Aldrich

Perkins

Let him rack up triple doubles on a lotto team in peace for the rest of his career.

Return of the 14th pick, lol.
As always LM, a joke is a joke, I was trying to say they would recreate the 'thunder' they had all those years ago :lmao

As always LM, a joke is a joke, I was trying to say they would recreate the 'thunder' they had all those years ago :lmao

I know, but I don't need more years of my lifespan reduced watching Westbrick. I'm glad the best duo of the OKC bunch are finally together at least, and it isn't in Cheapapeake. This is something Sin and I have wanted to see for a long time.

Chocochip

COOKIE
Memes aside, I do think a Kyrie + DAJ package could probably net a bunch of good enough assets to contend. I would try to trade with OKC, Orlando, or any of these smaller market teams with enough big man depth. Over half the trades I can think of however are just shot down because Kyrie is crazy. He'd actually be a decent trade package to go back to Cleveland and get a win win for the season, but we all know Kyrie might actually retire if that were to happen. It's hard to assess Kyrie's trade value ever since he decided working was an option.

Top Bottom