1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

1st and 2nd coloring

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Mac92, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac92 That one guy

this was my 1st coloring for a manga, i cant remember the chapter number

Bleach 116 1/2

and my 2nd, i did a cel shading style that time

Bleach 116 1/2

They suck but i think they were good for my 1st tries

Tags:
  2. glacieous Legendary

Nice for First, and sweet for second, I can see you improved from first to second. A little CC though...

For First (Kakashi Coloring):

- Hair needs work. I see you gave it the base color grey and just....sploshed a few black brush clicks around. Not the best way to get shading. I've found that I like to use the burn tool to shade.

- I see you colored the black areas unlike most first timers who leave it alone. Its a good first attempt (way better then mine), but it needs some work. In coloring it you kinda lost the line art a bit. What I like to do to avoid that is to select the black area (magic wand or polygonal lasso tool or whichever you use) and then go to select>>modify>>contract 2 pixels. Keeps the lineart clean and your colors cleaner.

-Lastly Lighting. Its unclear where its coming from. Select a source and work with it. Shade accordingly.

Second Coloring (Naruto):

Hellova improvement. I can say that much. The shading has definitely improved. Though it seems you forgot the hair. Its kinda static and just plain colored. Little bit of shading would make the entire picture come together.

Overall excellent colorings. Keep working, you're definitely improving.

3. Mac92 That one guy

Some things i had no idea to do for, for like naruto's hair, idk what i was supost to cell shade it for, and on the kakashi one i was messing around, i think i might do another one soon though :p

4. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Pretty good, I do like that you colored in the black areas which people tend to ignore on their first tries. The one thing that really bugs me about the first one is Kakashi's hair, the splotches of darker color doesn't really make sense to me because it doesn't particularly follow where his hair strokes should go. Second one's nice, I like the shading on the jacket, although some shading could also be used in the pants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.