1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

2 Q's on PS 7

Discussion in 'Art 101' started by Jotun, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Jotun Dyroness

I just got Photoshop 7 and i noticed some differences from photoshop elemnts 3 which i had been using at school for awile

I can't seem to find a select brush that works like a Magic wand and Magic lasso, but has WAY more control in selecting and deselecting areas

#1 Am I just blind and is it actually on the program already? Or do I need to download that brush?

Also the way I used to make animated sigs and stuff was through photoshop, using [Save For Web] and having several layers. But...in 7 the layout of the window for [Save for Web] is different and I can't seem to find the actual proccess to save my project so that it comes out animated on the web

#2 How in the hell would I do this on PS 7?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. chauronity ビリーバット

You got the basic brushes in, but others you gotta download, from these places for example:

- Link removed
    -
    -
    -

Note that a techniques always comes first, the good brushes doesn't automatically make you a good sig makes. So, check the tutorials from here too:

-
    - Link removed
    -
    -

What this?

*edit*

For animations, the FILETYPE must be setted as "GIF". Otherwise it's static, cos other filetypes (of the PS) than the GIF are static images.

3. phazer89 Copy Ninja

I don't think it'll be animated if you save it in PS7 (?)... Try saving it with ImageReady instead.

4. chauronity ビリーバット

It can be saved animated, if you save it using the "save as for web" -feature, and selecting the gif for the fileformat. I use the PS7, so i'm almost 96% positive that it's so.

5. Jotun Dyroness

thanks for the help and sorry for the late reply lol

6. Crowe inactive - most of the time

You mean the magnet lasso?