1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Voting for Graphic of the Week 50 -- Contest Central Banner is live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Voting for Photograph of the Week 54 -- Landscapes is also live! Click here and here to cast your votes!

Entries for Graphic of the Week 51 -- Dragon Avatars are open! Click here to check it out!

Entries for Photograph of the Week 55 -- Freestyle are open! Click here to check it out!

-- Contest Central Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Throw the dice to win Golden Sparkles for a month. Check this thread.

Dismiss Notice

2018 was Mild sauce at best for MhA

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Keishin, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Skaddix Well-Known Member

20 x chapter of HxH in a year...dream on.

2. Reviewing Logic (((((((((( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°) ͡°)))))))))) THE FINAL BOSS

I am only sticking on MHA for the Todoroki family plot

other then that it is pretty eh

especially right now

plus it follows the same formula over and over again of tournament,invasion,training etc...

Gentle stuff was a nice turn though from the said formula

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

I actually enjoyed the Gentle Criminal Arc and I don't think anyone is overrating the Endeavour arc. What is the most acclaimed arc in the whole series though?

4. Haruka Katana

probably All Might vs AFO arc. But endeavor arc is my favorite arc so far.

5. ~VK~ The King

all might vs AfO is the closest i ever came to feeling that OG nostalgic HYPE feelings i used to had as a kid back in the day watching anime.

easily the highest point of this series and it hasn't really come close to replicating it

6. Indra I can't stop eating

Endeavor Arc was definitely the best Arc this year imho.... Anything Todoroki with it has my attention, though. But the Arc was short lived so.

2018 definitely felt like mild sauce.

7. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

2018 seemed to be filled with a lot of set ups for future plot lines. I'm okay with that. I love action but I'm character driven when it comes to stories. I enjoyed the introduction of Hawks and the developments in that arc and learning more about class 1B in the current one (wasn't at all crazy about the Gentle arc, though). Hori's problems with keeping up with his schedule has been the biggest downside of the year as far as I'm concerned.

8. Raze Fan Well-Known Member

Horikoshi has said that upcoming plot developments would be crazy or something like that at Jump Festa

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Keishin Well-Known Member

Saying that somethings going to be 'crazy' has lost its meaning a long time ago in the current era, everythings nuts and tries to one-up what came before, so how would we know what that means? deku powering up to moon level or the traitor murdering a classmate?
    Now its about whether he's just talking the talk or actually capable of walking the walk.

10. Fiona ★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not the best of MHA, but it was entertaining and thats really all I expect out of any series that I follow. Every Arc doesn't need to be the new greatest moment in the series. Not every chapter needs to be better than the last. Not every plotline needs to be more dramatic.

Its okay to have highs and lows. Its okay to have calm between the storms :amuse

• Plus Ultra Plus Ultra x 1
    • List
  11. OS The Entity

believe it or not a LOT of people like overhaul arc more than afo vs ofa

12. Tayimus Number One

Are ANY of those people here on NF?

13. OS The Entity

twitter

14. baski Baski

Endeavour's performance against the Noumu is getting underrated by the OP. Gotta remember All Might himself barely won against his. And Endeavour's was obviously an improvement with a lot of the bugs they found in All-Might Noumu fixed plus actual intelligence beyond "tank and break bones".
    I hated it when cold emo lone wolf asshole Endeavour betrayed everything he stood for as the baddest badass in the manga and literal beacon of light among post-AM heroes and went all "Plus Ultra" :catcry

But i read it again and I respected him a lot more for it. Long Live Number 1:catsalutears

Gentle and Love lover had a creepy relationship that i couldn't get over enough to enjoy the fight with Deku:scust

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List