• Emojis directly from your phone for all 🤗😬
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is March 7 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Fitness 2020 Workout Thread!

dergeist

Lost about 10 months over the last 6 weeks. No sodas, Vitamin water and just lots of regular water. Reading and watching up on Home exercises. Seeing some options other than white bread by the bag like corn tortillas and whole bread loaves from Kroger's deli.

No snacks, a salas every day. Still can't get lower than ~267ish lbs. Any suggestions guys and gals?

Add half an hour of walking and skip breakfast.

Delta Shell

Lost about 10 months over the last 6 weeks. No sodas, Vitamin water and just lots of regular water. Reading and watching up on Home exercises. Seeing some options other than white bread by the bag like corn tortillas and whole bread loaves from Kroger's deli.

No snacks, a salas every day. Still can't get lower than ~267ish lbs. Any suggestions guys and gals?
Just keep on going, stay consistent. 6 weeks is a very short amount of time to see any real progress. You're doing great by making those changes, continue to make the changes in small steps. Any giant swings in lifestyle are usually not maintainable (they are for some people).

Just maintain what you're doing and if it's not killing your willpower increase the exercise intensity slightly and continue to change your food choices for healthier ones as you go on, it'll come.

Delta Shell

Couple of rounds on my knock off century bob just now lol. It's really not the same as hitting a hanging bag though.

Skyfall

Gotta get dialed in before summer. 3-4 months away. Still have 15-20 pounds to lose. Just started Don Saladinos "Winter Soldier" program that Sebastian Stan followed to get in shape. Basically just a push pull legs routine. Figured it'd be pretty cool to change things up and actually follow a program.

Utopia Realm

Looking for strong opponent's to fight.
Do push ups and situps help lose weight, lower BP, or other such benefits? Been reaading up on core exercises and other non-weight exercises and need to know what each type of exercises and do for me (Too many youtube vids where one person says yes and another says no).

Delta Shell

Do push ups and situps help lose weight, lower BP, or other such benefits? Been reaading up on core exercises and other non-weight exercises and need to know what each type of exercises and do for me (Too many youtube vids where one person says yes and another says no).
All exercise will burn calories.

Losing weight is as simple as calories out vs calories in. Don't overcomplicate your life with YouTube rabbit holes. It's a minefield and often is way more opinionated and complex than it needs to be. Complexity gets you watching. They'll shove studies down your throat etc. It's not really necessary if you're just starting out, as fitness can be very simple if you let it.

Move more - Eat Less is how you lose weight. And moving and eating as healthy as you can manage is going to make you feel better.

Regular exercise of some kind will help lower your BP. Get some cardio and some resistance work in there. Try to get the cardio in daily (even just a long walk) and resistance can be bodyweight sure.

It's more important to do something that is reasonably fun and you can stick to than whatever new stuff youtube tells you. Consistency is the only way to see results. If it's not somewhat enjoyable you won't do it. The same goes for your eating, if you become entirely spartan with your diet it's not going to be maintainable and honestly, you won't enjoy your life.

Utopia Realm

All exercise will burn calories.

Losing weight is as simple as calories out vs calories in. Don't overcomplicate your life with YouTube rabbit holes. It's a minefield and often is way more opinionated and complex than it needs to be. Complexity gets you watching.

Move more - Eat Less is how you lose weight.

Regular exercise of some kind will help lower your BP. Get some cardio and some resistance work in there. Try to get the cardio in daily (even just a long walk) and resistance can be bodyweight sure.
Thanks.:char

Skyfall

If I was just starting out and wanted to get in shape I’d find a fitness kickboxing class. I did those twice a week at my local mma gym and it was amazing how good it made me feel.

whatever you decide to do I’d recommend some type of HIIT training.

Delta Shell

If I was just starting out and wanted to get in shape I’d find a fitness kickboxing class. I did those twice a week at my local mma gym and it was amazing how good it made me feel.

whatever you decide to do I’d recommend some type of HIIT training.
:BrokenPepeOurs have been closed for the best part of a year now. I miss it so much.

savior2005

Havent checked my weight in a few weeks because of broken scale, but clothes fit better. Been in a deficit since Jan 1, no cheat days. Hopefully I'm under 170 now. Gonna keep cutting and doing my home workout until end of May. Will add running/sprints once it's warmer outside.

Utopia Realm

Had a workout today. Did a little bit fo lifting but clocked over 2 hours walking and tried some made-up HIITs the best I can manage with my fatass. I feel like I might hit a cal deficit but I won't know till I check my weight the next time.

Utopia Realm

Went to do a physical treadmill rest at Ben Taub in Houston. Tests came back negative, heart is healthy AF. Lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks (I'm 265.8 lbs). Wanna drop at least 6 more lbs by the end of March. I haven't dipped below 264 lbs. since 2018.

At the gym right now working out.

:catbuff

savior2005

Just got a new and more accurate weight scale, I'm 167.2 pounds. Really stoked about this.

My original goal was to get to 155-160 by summer (mid to end of May I plan on stopping my cut), but now I think I can get to 150 or even lower. That is about 13-15 weeks away and I am shooting to lose 1.25-1.5 pounds a week. It's crazy because I'm eating 2100-2200 calories and working out only 3 times a week for about 1-1.5 hours (not including warm up). Figured my weight loss would go slower. I haven't even factored in cardio yet due to weather. And I'm using light weight, my barbell only goes up to 160lb and I can't do squats or bench. Guess I could be losing muscle, but my reps haven't decreased for an exercise, and my pull ups/push ups have increased (likely due to being lighter)

At 5'9 150 is a pretty light weight for me, but once I'm on maintenance, I'm sure I will regain some water weight and be replenished, maybe get to 155. Then a slow bulk from there, in which I hope to bulk 8 months and gain 2-2.5lbs a month max.

Delta Shell

I really miss swimming. I was really getting into it before lockdown because running was starting to hurt my knees.

I'm getting so bored of my pandemic workout :bookerskully

Dragonus-BB-

I got tired of split squats and waiting for gyms to reopen and got my paws on a liquidation sale Lying Hack Squat with a 200kg pin-stack. Time to redo the shed!

savior2005

Did pulls ups for the first time in 3 months only did singles and 7 reps.
With Covid, Pull ups have been a go to for me, a couple months ago i got to a weight where I could only do like 3 pull ups, now my max is around 13-15. Usually do them as the last exercise of my workout. Makes me wanna start rock climbing

Top Bottom