1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice

225 out

Discussion in 'Kingdom' started by Pliskin, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Pliskin Well-Known Member

we all know Sasuke has never been nice to Sakura or shown affection to her.

Sei is officially the bad guy now. Best:plottwist.Ever.
    I know he has got to win, since history and shit, but nice to see the author's aknowledgement of Sei's total disregard for human life.

edit:Dammit. meant 24. Damn tablets.

Tags:
  2. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

The importance of human lives is greatly exaggerated.

I'm with Sei conquer it all.

3. Akatora Active Member

a word on this page has me questioning the word choice done by the translator:

Link removed

"Nuclear center" ... whats going to be next`? referance to blackholes and supernovas?

4. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

Damn, Sei brought Rui and co. to witness Ryofui's "madness", only to be outdone by Ryofui who certainly comes off as a better leader than him in this chapter.

5. hehey a synonym for greatness

Ryo Fui just laid the smackdown on Sei....

6. dream fallen prince Administrator

Ryofui was pretty awesome in this chapter. Time to see how Sei will respond.

7. hehey a synonym for greatness

As long as its not some bullshit about righteousness .....

8. Kanki KIG

Ryofui with dat promo :datass

9. dream fallen prince Administrator

Doubt that Sei will go for such a stand. We'll probably get something along the lines of how greed/envy will force others to take down Qin no matter how wealthy/integral it may become to the livelihood of the other states.

10. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

That's a better scenario than what Sei's plan, though.

11. haegar Well-Known Member

as in nucleus, latin I think, the core/center. nuclear engergy is called that way cause it has to do with processes inside core of an atom in the process of generating energy.

think of centralistic empires such as rome, but purely mercantile.

anyways, this is easily dismantled in many ways:

a) Ryofui is sprouting an ideologically biased view just as much as he attributes it to Sei. Unlike Sei he is not truthful about his own means of action, sure, he likes to do things with wealth as the lever, but its not like he shuns violence due to his belief in mercantile power. So far, Ryfui's decisssions during the struggle for power were far more selfish and farr less considerate of the people. Sei asked the people of Sai, not hiding the risks to them. When Ryofui had his little plots going countless people died too, he would probably argue that in the long run, his way holds LESS violence overall, but still, at least Sei dont pretend to be pacifist in a hypocrytical manner

b) Ryofui is simply wrong assuming wealth would be enough to keep the other states in check. Qin's wealth would indeed lead to greed, but that would not lead to people coming, but armies coming to conquer that wealth. If the other states perceive Qin's military might as a threat, the same holds true for its economic might in Ryofui's vision.

c) Selfishness and lack of self reflection. he pretends to be the great philosopher and statesman, professes his ideology is the result thereoff, but in truth his view on politics is largely based on his narcistic need to make HIMSELF the nucleus of the state. Sei has no such ambitions.

curious to see the reply though ...

however, I CAN see how this gives Sei some input on the importance of the economic aspect. He has great use for Ryfui's experience and tools, his worldview gotta go out the windo though ...

12. perman07 Per ler mer

I can see Sei answering with a lot of what you said here, good post.

Ryufui can hide behind ideology to rationalize his actions, but fact of the matter is that he's been shown to be fundamentally more concerned with furthering himself than helping others, unlike Sei.

13. haegar Well-Known Member

thank you for your enlightening input. you made me aware of a lot of things of importance concerning economy and trade I didnt so far not take into account. however, there still remains the issue of the discrepancy between your wise and peaceful mind and dumb, treacherous, violent actions. while your input just now was of value that does not invalidate the justification of your execution which will take place tomorrow. rest assured and rejoyce in the fact that some of the things you suggested will outlast yourself by many centuries to come. dismissed. :trollface

14. Muk Let's play a game, Ophelia

tell me how money rules all with a financial crisis in 2008 and 2011 :zaru

tell it to greek :zaru

15. haegar Well-Known Member

im sure ryofui's inevitable downfall is hara's subversive comment on the inadequacies of capitalist society :maybe

16. Hyperion1O1 Why cant we all unite and just conquer the stars?

Lol Ryofui giving that speech.

How are you gonna respond to this, Sei?

17. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I instantly feel less bad for reading a pirated version online instead of paying for the stuff. Bless Hara

18. Akatora Active Member

I get what he means, i just think the word choice is a bit to science related.(Aka it shouldn't be anything his character should have any knowledge about, howeer a synonym for it should be possible to find which he'd know)

Googling Nuclear and Nucleus both turn up woth words first showing up in the 1800-1900 area, granted the east was far ahead of the west 200 bc, but still.