1. Konoha Library has been renamed to New Leaf. Konoha TV will soon be (or has been) archived. For Naruto/Boruto manga AND ANIME discussion, go to

New Leaf
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  5. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  6. Our latest NF Newsletter is out (November), read it here!
  7. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  8. 。◕‿‿◕。 Gobble gobble! Turkey day is nearing fast so hop on by to NFs Thanksgiving Raffle and give thanks to those that matter the most to you, win some goodies in the process too!
  9. It's that time again, where a certain lazy rodent refuses to host a wonderful NE-centric game. Come play the 2nd Mafia Game

in the Nigerian Embassy (formally known as the Chatterbox) hosted by the one and only WAD! Test your skills, shitpost like no tomorrow!

...There's a prize if you win.

243 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Rai, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

He and those with demon blood, right ? Sure. But at least he needs to earn the strength by experiencing years of hellish trials. It allows for his immortality to become a significant short term factor story development wise, in terms of adding to his overall contribution as a combatant.

2. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

So, I'm sure we pretty much agree that Courechouse should not be in the Purgatory, right.
    We can also probably agree that Ban is getting a power-up.

Which means he's STILL not getting a power-up via his Sacred Treasure :maybe

3. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    Hey, remember this shot?

The close-up on the eye, man. The close-up. What if Mama Hawk is also a gateway :maybe

4. Dayscanor The One

I feel there's quite a bit of inconsistency here. The DK stole Mel's emotions right? And as we saw in purgatory he said that he'd grow stronger thanks to them. Which means he'd have to use them somehow, by absorbing them maybe, in order to get his strength back.
    So how exactly is Ban gonna get them back? It's not like the DK just kept them in a box, and hasn't used them already. That would be pretty dumb.
    And you can't possibly tell me that Ban will succeed in defeating the DK when Mel couldn't.

So kinda feels like there's not a slight guarantee that there will be something to steal back. And this plan is pretty wonky.

5. Dayscanor The One

Nope. Courechouse will be in purgatory. Might as well give it back to him along with his ass... I meant his power up.
    Maybe all lost things end up in purgatory.:maybe

6. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

Ban has been made to look underwhelming for so long i'm actually excited to see him pull off asspullish feats and all that. Just let this man get some shine please.

7. Inuhanyou Lunar Destiny

I wonder if by Chosen Princess Nakaba means that Eli was chosen to be the one to convert Mel, but then the plan backfired and she fell in love with him. :hmm

9. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

Don't really understand all this complaining about Ban getting a powerup, we all know it's going to happen and that it's needed to keep him in the game, but it hasn't even happened yet and already it's deemed an asspull.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Dayscanor The One

To be fair it's not like Nakaba has a clean record when it comes to that.His power ups for the exception of a few have been rather asspullish. Like King and Diane. Or lately Elaine growing wings, bigger than King's too.
    Even Escanor transforming at night is rather asspullish.
    Merlin being immune to the commandments and just forgetting about it etc.

And I think Nakaba just wants to avoid any type of training which is weird considering that we did see some results with Gil and Howzer and the others.

I miss those two. :catcry

11. Summer Gaze Active Member

Merlin being immune to the commandements and forgetting it actually made me laugh, it was so unlike her.
    Escanor powering up at night should have been impossible because Escanor's body reacts to sunlight if I'm not mistaken and even though it only lasted a couple seconds and his power was nowhere near it's peak it was very convinient, I agree.
    Elaine's wings was 'pure power of love', as stated by Elizabeth.
    Diane's wasn't really as bad the other ones because she didn't simply dance her way up to a higher power level, she learned a sacred ritual where she becomes one with the earth and can draw out more of it's power. But the fact she learned it so fast and could use it to almost triple her power level simply by being in Dolor's body was just because Nakaba had to make her and King even remotely as strong as Merlin, Escanor and Meliodas.
    King's is the only acceptable one in my opinion since he was stated to have an immeasurable power right when he got introduced, he was chosen by the Sacred Tree and was the Fairy King after all, and he could use the True Spirit Spear, albeit not for a long time, etc.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  12. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    To me it feels more like he has a classic shounen tropes checklist and he is going through them. We had the training arc at Ishtar. We had two tournament mini-arcs. We had the kingdom arc which is basically the "safe the damsel in distress" story part.

And yeah, Nakaba isn't exactly re-inventing the wheel. His power-up scenarios aren't super creatively written and are often very cliché. Which surprises me since you seem to be so adamantly against Ban getting the spotlight here? I mean, the last time the focus was on him and when he did something somewhat important was when he fought Galan and Mera. That feels like ages ago.

13. Krash "Void walking"

I don't really see the issue with Ban getting a buff here.
    He's actually going to have to work for it.More so than any other Sin.

Mel got his by losing his emotions.
    King got his by being in Gloxinia's body.
    Diane got hers by being in Dolor's body.
    Gowther got his by regaining memories.
    Ban gets his by suffering and fighting for god knows how many years.

If anything,this is way better than the rest.

14. Dayscanor The One

Speaking of Ishtar seems to me the training was cut short. For example King's back was hurting, so his wings were growing. Had it lasted a bit longer they could have sprout, but of course he should have grown personally and with Mel refusing to tell the truth it only fueled King's distrust. So he would have been unable to grow as a person after realizing he was wrong.
    I think Nakaba in a sense is more unconventional than other shounen authors but it doesn't always work out as seen with some power ups. The only one that makes perfect sense to me is Gowther's since he was a TC level character to begin with. Most shounen authors rely on training, and even that it's not enough so the characters keep pushing their limits in order to get stronger, which is why it feels more earned than just simply watching someone using a technique once and then be able to use it.

Oh well can't have both I guess, meaning being unconventional yet not resort to some kind of asspull.

I'm not against Ban getting a power up period. I'm against him getting one at all costs, even if it's through asspull or PIS. Hope that clears it up.Because if so then it's just bad writing. And to anyone who might be tempted to say I have a bias against Ban in general (not saying you are) then he should know that Ban used to be my favorite character, and is still one of my favs if only Nakaba developed his character further, emotionally. Dunno but lately he's been just about saving Elaine or Mel.
    So if anything I should be biased towards him. :cat

15. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    Not to mention that Merlin seemingly got hers by remembering she had it lmao

16. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    Nakaba never does drawn-out arcs or fights. This goes for his narrative tools like training arcs and the likes, too. It's to the disadvantage of the readers sometimes, especially when its good and you want it to last but overall I am happy with his pacing. If Kubo wrote this shit, we would still be stuck in the 2nd Byzel tournament right now and probably way into 2018 lol.

As for Ban, I understand where you are coming from but I am with @Krash on this one. He actually will have to work the most for it considering how the other Sins got theirs.

17. Dayscanor The One

Can't he just like use Zero sign and hide his presence, assuming he can use it long enough? He can do that in theory.

18. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    You mean the entire time he is there? Well, the moment he interacts with someone or something, it probably stops working. Good old RPG mechanics :kaga

19. Krash "Void walking"

Well, I wouldn't call that a power up.But still,it was sorta BS nevertheless:hestonpls
    Still my favourite Sin tho:hmpf

20. Dayscanor The One

Well he has to just avoid it as much as possible. The point is he doesn't have to fight everything and anything that comes his way. He can use stealth instead, being a thief and all that.
    He should definitely use that against the DK. Since he's too weak to fight him.:kaga

Speaking of Merlin, it has occured to me that the reason she stopped her aging likely has to do with what happened with her father. She likely was traumatized by it, or just outright didn't want to become a cripple and be a burden to others.

21. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

TBH he does need one 'at all costs', if he doesn't they might as well write him out of the story.

Like Yak said, others have had their powerups quite quickly and easily, IF Ban gets it after spending 100 years in purgatory for example, he will be the character that worked and suffered the most for his power, apart from Merlin I guess (btw, not familiar with the therm PIS .....)

22. Dayscanor The One

Ok I get what you're saying. Not that I liked the other power ups either, just so you know.

PIS means Plot Induced Stupidity or something.

23. Yak The king is dead, long live the king!

Catdank Faction:
    I would even go as far and say her magic manifestes as "Infinity" because of that incident. Since it allows her to manipulate her personal space-time or even aspects of her magic.

24. HHellenn New Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  25. Kor Well-Known Member

People keep forgetting it was revealed at the festival that Sunshine is a psychological power in nature and not physiological iirc, as Gowther stated.

Escanor reacts to what he believes is the sun, at the festival it was in that case Merlin to him. Gowther trying to mindfuck him actually mindfucked Gowther in turn.

Escanor is a freak of nature who never bothered to understand himself. Merlin going "lol I'm immune but I forgot" is an asspull.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  26. John Wick blurgh

27. Keishin Well-Known Member

Why would he "believe" that it's night if it comes and goes all of a sudden? I doubt it's like that. It may be that he uses the sunshine stored in his soul or something.

28. Sphyer ~

At this rate, the next chapter spoilers are gonna come out before this.

29. YoraeDragon Infinity Dragon

This could serve to also give Ban a much needed powerup.