1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[245] Chad's Future

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Wrath, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Wrath Mourning

So, this chapter has Chad begin to realise that he has Hollow powers, in the context that Hollows grow by absorbing spirit energy from their surroundings and their victims, which is why they go after humans with strong spirit power. So, what does this mean for Chad?

Chad is going to end up once again realising that he isn't strong enough yet, because there's no way he's on the Espada level yet, even if he has another battle mode. But... with the knowledge that he has Hollow powers will come a solution.

When this arc is over, I believe now that Chad is going to elect to stay in Hueco Mundo until the Winter War. By staying there he'll grow stronger as time passes, and by hunting Hollows he'll be able to absorb their spirit power, because he's not going to hunt down humans or Shinigami, but Hollows are fair play.

It's the scenario in which he'll grow the fastest. Right now Chad's training consists of just fighting a lot, which is exactly what he'd be doing in Hueco Mundo, but on Earth his growth will naturally be slower.

Tags:
  2. BladeofTheChad Pedo for Sakura

you know, that actually sounds sweet as hell...Chad absorbs all the hollows he can find, then comes back to Earth during the War and rapes Ulquiorra...

3. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Far prediction=Chad becomes a Hollow, booyah.

4. Reik Banned

Chad electing to stay in HM sounds farfetched, like Chad being able to absorb hollows. We'll have to first see how he manages when Yami is raping him hardcore.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  5. Parell Sushi = love

First of all, that sounds very un-Kuboish, to say the least. And second of all, nobody would let him(even if he would want to stay there) as he can easily be killed by an Espada by the orders of Aizen.

6. Sasori-puppet#02 Delicious Burger

You don't know that for sure! Ichigo and co might find a group of rebelling arrancar that will help them overthrow Aizen and rescue Orihime!!

...yeah right.

I like the thread creator's theory anyways.

7. Tokio_no_Go Respect the Burden

Its possible in the escape he somehow gets left behind saving someone else or something. (Like when they were entering soul society and he pushed Ishida ahead or something, can't remember.) We all assume hes dead. T_T
    Then winter war comes and either
    A.) Woot! New powers, he owns!
    B.) OMG hes now evil and is in espada!
    I love Chad, but I would really like to see him go evil. Against his will of course...

8. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

chad won't stay in hueco mundo by choice. i doubt those animal hollows have any nutritional value and we still haven't seen any sources of water yet. also consider that all plants are cristallized so that would be one hard toilet paper.

9. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Wait where was it stated that Chad's powers are hollow based. Is this from what Ishida said in 325 and what Urahra hinted at?

10. Kri aegrescit medendo

I like the Chad-already-is-a-hollow-in-a-human's-body theory more :p That, or his inner powers were tainted by the hollow that stepped on him early on in the story. Either one shows a fair degree of foreshadowing on Kubo's part (the former may have been hinted at all the way back with his parakeet friend).

Chad electing to stay back, not to mention absorb hollows, just seems a little out of Kubo's typical style. Anything is possible, though...

11. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

Chad absorbing hollows to get stronger sounds awfully similar to Forte.exe

12. Drew Member

That is an awesome scenario, to have Chad as this wandering warrior in HM destroying all the Hollows he meets, perhaps for him to come back during the war then through a tear the grande make and have him walk out, in full armor looking grizzly with a beard.

Could be a hell of a twist if during a big showdown fight a tear opens and the Espada think it's reinforcments for him to walk out.

13. Soljah Super Ghost

what will he eat tho @_@ he has no friends there he is human

14. Wrath Mourning

If he has Hollow powers, it's entirely possible that he doesn't need to eat. If Hollows can survive by absorbing the ambient spirit power, then Chad may well be able to do the same. In fact that's probably how he'll figure it out.
    So I suppose Ichigo choosing to stay with the Vaizards to train was out of his style too? That situation is almost exactly the same. Ichigo chose to stay away from any of his friends and put himself in the hands of strangers because he found the place in which he was most likely to become stronger.

15. Reik Banned

Ichigo was there because he knew they can give him something he wants. I can't see any major powerups for Chad just by killing hollows and I think he knows it too. Unless killing hollows would somehow give you super human speed?

16. BladeofTheChad Pedo for Sakura

absorbing more hollows could be just like how Cell would become stronger by drinking the humans bodies...it makes sense, if hollows become stronger by eating/absorbing human souls, and Chad is a human/hollow, then that means he could become stronger through hollows..

17. Kri aegrescit medendo

First of all, Vizard != Hollow. Understand that the Vizard are still people, just with abilities that differ and exceed that of typical shinigami. They differ significantly from the beastlike primitive 'monsters' that are the hollows.

Secondly, Ichigo didn't stay with the Vizard. In fact, he said he wouldn't join them, but rather they would give him what he needs to be able to control his inner demon and that would be the end of it.

Thirdly, no hollow would ever train Sado. If Sado is indeed a hollow, it obviously isn't something that other hollows have been able to realize. With that, it becomes obvious that Sado is food to them, so they would be just as likely to eat him as help him.

"Oh, but he's not there for training, he's there to consume other hollows!" Oh, very nice... Menos Chad. The second Sado embraces the idea of consuming other spirits to become stronger, both Ichigo and Uryuu have an obligation to kill him. Sado's entire character development has placed him in the position of never using his power to cause harm to others, but only to protect people. More deeply becoming a hollow will only lead to more pain and suffering.

If Sado had the slightest inclination that he was, in fact, a hollow, then he would be more likely to either hide it or asked to be purified once the truth got out than to say "M'kay, guys, it's been fun, but I'm-a go be a hollow now, 'kay?"

The only way I could ever see Sado staying behind is if he was afraid of what might happen to people should he become a hollow in the living world. In that case, he'd probably do something stupid, like try to kill Aizen or something, getting himself 'purified' in the process. I doubt heavily that Kubo wants to throw away a character that he's been so hesitant on developing in depth until recently, so I seriously hope that nothing you have predicted comes true.

18. Honogram Rasengan!

Well I thought Chad was training with Renji to obtain "His VERSION of a BANKAI"?

So what we have seen so far is not the best that he can do at the moment. IMHO.

19. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Chowder isn't going to stay in Hollow World...when the pressure is on and it seems that all hope is lost, his whole body will take on the appearance of his right arm, making his powers sky rocket.

20. BladeofTheChad Pedo for Sakura

heck yeah, thats what ive been saying the whole time...

21. .:SD:. Member

I personally cant wait for that to happen. Ever since I first saw Chad use that arm thingy.

But him stayin in HM, or just the idea of him absorbing hollows doesnt sound that farfetch'd. Even more so if there are more than just hollows in HM.

Not all hollows are beastlike primitive 'monsters'... Some evolve into much more.

No one said a hollow would train Chad... They are suggesting he is part hollow, with the ability to absord other hollows in order to gain more strength... and Chad is alot stronger than most hollows, and as we know, the strongest survive.

Even after Ichigo found out what Ishida was doing to hollows, by disrupting the balance of spirits, Ichigo has not done anything about it... Infact, there is no doubt in my mind that Urahara knows what Ishida is doing to the balance of spirits by killing hollows, and yet he sent him off to a place with Ichigo to do what? Kiiill hollows.

Infact, no one seems to have any remorse or concern when a hollow dies, with the exception of Inoues brother.

We also have no idea what Chad's powers do to the spirit of the hollow, so your point is moot.

I'm sure that if the ends justify the means, then Chad will do what is necissary... And up to now, he's had no problem with harming hollows.

Nothing implies that Chad will become a hollow himself. If he is part hollow already without any suffering or asking to be cured, it seems that using his hollow powers to do something good wouldnt bother him that much.

Anyways, It would be cool for Chad to be living in HM for a couple of months, fighting day in and day out to get stronger. Its not like he's that big of a social person anyways... He's already reclusive... The strong silent type.

22. Zack_Strife Banana Samurai

No. Just no. Chad will pwn but won't get Ulquiorra, not by a long shot. Ulquiorra has been set up as Ichigo's next major hurdle, Chad certainly won't be raping him, he may double team with Ichigo but he isn't going to magically become god by absoring Hollows.
    Think of the strength of the average Hollow. It's way low. Low enough for unseated Shingami to kill. Even a Menos cannot seriously challenge a Captain without becomming an Arrancar and even then it's debateable. Vastorodes (read: Ulquiorra) are stronger than any Captain, pre-hybridisation, so much so that SS are terrified of Aizen commanding ten of them. An Arrancar Vastorode therefore, is pretty fucking scary.
    Now lets assume that Chad can absorb the total power of any Hollow he defeats. How many Hollows would it take for him to reach the level of a pre-hybrid Vastorode? There probably aren't enough regular Hollows in existence to do that. Now how many Menos and Ajuukaru would he then have to take out? All just to reach the level of a pre-hybrid Vastorode, never mind an Arrancar. Keep in mind he could only take out wild Hollows which would be incredibly time consuming given the size of HM, if he went after those under Aizen's command he'd bring the Espada down on his head before he had the power to contend with them.

23. Kri aegrescit medendo

Did you even read that quote? :laugh

I wasn't speaking at all about the balance of spirits. Ichigo hasn't done anything to Ishida because he doesn't give a damn about the balance of spirits, nor the history of the shinigami and the quincy, as he stated himself. What I was referring to is Sado absorbing hollows, hence absorbing spirits, hence embracing a hollow nature. And, as we have both said:

I'm glad we're in agreement.

24. .:SD:. Member

I just added the balance of spirits because I wasnt quite sure what you found so terrible about Chad absorbing hollows. To me, Ishida killing spirits is alot more harmfull than Chad absorbing spirits... Atleast there is a chance that when Chad dies, the spirits are released. (of course that's speculation)

So I dont see why Chad absorbing hollows while still maintaining his personality would be embracing hollow nature (the only thing he would have in common with the hollows, is the form of gaining strength)... Its less detrimental than Ishida killing all those hollows/spirits. Just because Ishida says "by the pride of the quincy", and wears crosses everywhere, doesnt mean he's any better.

Anyways, maybe that will help you understand what my train of thought was at the time, I should have been more specific.

25. Uchiha_Yuri Akatsuki

plausable theory, i would be ok if it happened. ichigo got special training, ishida as well, chad trained, but maybe he needs his own way to figure out his powers and hopefully full body form.

26. Chatulio Senex

In a wierd sort of way it makes sense for him to do it. I can see Chad slowly transforming into a hollow throughout the arc. He can already fire off a different version of cero.