1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

258 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Rai, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Escageta Member

2. Taizai295 Member

Yeah. And we need flashbacks about the original holy war. Theres still stuff we don't know.

3. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

I don't expect the series to end around Chapter 300. Maybe a little more, but we still have yet to cover the other sin's Gaiden (Merlin's, Escanor's, even Diane's to-be-continued), witnessed how exactly the destruction of Danafor went, even how the war ended 3000 years ago.
    To cram all of this within 40-50 chapters doesn't seem plausible in my opinion. There would need to be more material to continue this.

4. Escageta Member

I just thought about that . The one who absorbes the commandments/decrees will be the vessel of the demon king not the new demon king. I'm always thinking that DK just prepares Meliodas to be his vessel not his successor. Let's see what will Nakaba do

5. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

So...How long has Ban been in Purgatory again?

6. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

I think people are missing the point with Escanor's health deterioration. He is not dying so much because of the stress of using the One or his powers, but because of his grace. His grace is slowly killing him because Escanor thinks he is losing his sun light/sunshine which is in this case is Merlin, who he believes will never love him (broken heart) so his body can't endure the grace. Escanor actually says that Merlin is his sunshine when he fought with Gowther.
    Who knows if the grace has some link with feeling (love).
    So basically he needs "love" to control and endure his grace. (sunshine)

8. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

i don't really see the correlation at all between love and health deterioration but i guess its a nice theory.

I think your theory would hold more weight if the issue was not Escanor coughing up blood but being unable to use his sunshine effectively.

Atleast in that case your theory has some previous historical significance in regards to Escanor being able to use the power temporarily because of metaphorical sunshine

9. Yak Well-Known Member

With Ludo's description of Sunshine recently it feels more like a darker premonition since it isn't a power mortals really should wield. However there must be a reason why Escanor specifically does.

That said, this chapter sorta raises several death flags. The Pleiades are hypnotized and battle crazy, wouldn't be surprised if they die. Would also not be surprised if either Hendy or Dreyfus dies in the end, although I don't hope it.

If Nakaba kills Guila I'm fucking done tho. Don't touch mah gurl yo

10. titantron91 God Killer

Dreyfus will die only to save Hendriksen.
    I still don't get why Ludoshel wants Hendriksen to accompany him.
    The blood thet Escanor spat is so conveniently on time. Right now, he's hurt coz he sees Merlin care about someone the way he wants her to care about her. Then Ludoshel tells him that it Sunshine will destroy a human like him.

11. Harbour I stole all bitches.

1)He would die cause of Sunshine Overdose saving everyone and blood is the direct foreshadowing.
    2)Merlin would finally notice the dude is fucked up and reignite his inner Sun to selfheal or use the power without side effects.

I actually start to hate Merlin because she simply gives no fuck about the poor dude. Im not even asking about love or even sympathy, but dude deserves the appreciation and some care. I blame Nakaba for that because i think it wasn't his intention to make Merlin so cold to Escanor. He simply forgot or doesnt care to give em an attention, or scare to do something. So it looks like this accidentally.

But i hate her. Fuck Merlin (at least now). For a knowledgeable and smart sorceress she is mentally deaf when it comes to Escanor's problems. And she knows how she is dear to him.
    So yeah, fuck that bitch.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  12. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

A few millennia by now.

I highly doubt that.

13. Kroczilla Well-Known Member

14. Keishin Well-Known Member

The manga is split to 3 100 chapter parts and this is the last one with elizabeths curse on the way.

15. HHellenn Active Member

But Nakaba wants 40 volumes, and we only on 31th. In one volume there are 9 chapters, it means there will be 80 more.

16. Escageta Member

It's not necessary to stop at volume 40 , maybe will take more at 42 or 43

17. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

I think it has a lot to do with Sunshine not being an ability similar to, let's say, Full Counter or even Creation. It's an ability that IS Escanor's; remember the scene where Mera ate his soul, only for her to burn internally?
    So we know that Mael is the original user of Sunshine, and we do know that his Grace disappeared without a trace, but could it be that Mael is Escanor this entire time?
    I mean, I wouldn't be a big fan of it tbh because I would prefer Escanor to be a unique character by itself, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed that he was one of the Archangels. :hm

Goddamnit now I'm overthinking about it. :catcry

18. Rai Comfy Kitten

Escanor is going to evolve into a Archangel :sshiro

19. Keishin Well-Known Member

Right now there's no reason to assume this part of the story (DK Meliodas and death of Elizabeth) is not the endgame like it should have been since the very beginning. Around 50 chapters is more than plenty to deal with everything we have left right now. Meliodas has half a day to become the DK.

I understand, it goes with Every single shounen out there, you want it to go for longer, but it won't.

20. Yak Well-Known Member

Hm. I dunno about that. I mean, it's entirely possible. But I think Nakaba is hinting at something larger here and something possibly sinister. I mean, the whole foreshadowing with Estarossa being the odd one out among his brothers, the colour page spread where he sits separately from his bros on the couch with the goddess clan ornaments, the facts that he killed Mael supposedly and that he has weird-ass flashbacks dreaming of goddess Elizabeth...

If anyone has as big a chance of being part of a Mael incarnation, it's Estarossa. So him or Escanor? Or him AND Escanor? Are they merely two fragments that make a whole?

21. HHellenn Active Member

It's not what I WANT, it's what the AUTHOR said.

22. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Legit forgot why he went there in the first place

23. Rai Comfy Kitten

Can DK spirit/soul possess Ban? :hmm

24. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

To reclaim Meliodas' emotions from the Demon King.

25. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

The amount of plot points left unaddressed is not going to fit within 50 chapters.
    Nakaba isn't sick (as far as I know) or being rushed.So abruptly ending the series on that note just doesn't make sense.

26. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

BOIS WE GOIN INTO OVERTIME WELCOME TO THE SPACEJAM

27. Blade DAN DAN

i like the setup and slow buildup

last pages were cool af too

28. Rai Comfy Kitten

Things doesn't always exactly like autor wants so I expect NNT to surpass 40 volumes like maybe 41-43.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  29. Keishin Well-Known Member

It is what you want based on what the author says instead of actually looking at the story. It's just not going to 40 volumes and there is 0 reason to assume that either, rofl. How much above the One do you think the powerscale would be jumping if there's all of a sudden next group of villains capable of fighting DK mel, who can fodderize the Ten Commandments level Sins. Another training arc? Nothing like that is going to happen.

30. HHellenn Active Member

No, Ban is too small for the Great DK.:hmpf