1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

260 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Ruins of Danafor' started by Rai, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Rai Spooky Kitten

Summary:

Spoiler:
    Monspiet asks Derrierie is she's serious about returning the decree. The latter answers she lacks confidence as a Commandment. She acknowledged the five clans as enemies the moment she was born and mentions her comrades (her sister included) got killed by Stigma. But then there was Elizabeth, and now the humans, who saved them. Monspiet notes that it's been a while since he last saw her speak this much since her sister's death made her taciturn. The Purity tells Monspiet he must be mad about being unable to talk to her sister. She adds that her sister had liked him. The human arrives and tries to tell them to go. And gets burnt by Estarossa. The mad Derrierie attacks the second son of the Demon King who then uses Full Counter on her, destroying a part of the house in the process. Monspiet stops her from getting blown out. Estarossa extracts the human's soul and is about to eat it. Guess what, he eats an apple instead and the soul is in the couple's hands. They let her go. Estarossa asks if that was Trick Star technique. He then takes on Monspiet. And arm-locks his neck. He says he's come to get the decrees, which causes a little discussion. Monspiet then says that if he's released from Silence, he'll be able to tell Derrierie what he has been hiding in his heart. Estarossa says he'd be annoyed if the decrees returned to Zeldris, that he'll get them all. Monspiet tells him he has something to tell: the truth the Commandments except the Love know. And proceeds to exchange places with him. He explains: It's the "Conjurer Joke" which lets him switch himself with something around the same size.

He then reveals the truth: Estarossa was born without the power of darkness and was hesitant about killing a bug as a timid person. Estarossa unleashes Hellblaze on the Silence but that doesn't work much on the expert of said Hellblaze. The latter continues: Estarossa's dad gave him a decree out of pity, giving him the power of darkness, and in the same time, it makes his mental unstable. Monspiet says that if Estarossa absorbs a decree other than his own, he can't avoid destruction. Estarossa starts passing out from Monspiet's lock. Derrierie walks up to them asking what to do with him. Monspiet warns her not to draw close but it's too late: Estarossa grabs her neck and proceeds to attacks her. Monspiet had something he wanted to tell Derrierie. And swaps places with her and takes the attack on his chest.

Title of next chapter is "Lost cat"

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Arturo Member

3. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

I wasn't surprised to see shit going south with him fighting the two, but I'm ready for the feels. :catcry

4. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

The duo is looking helpless right now. Hope monspeet at least showed his magic.

5. Arturo Member

6. Palm Siberia Well-Known Member

7. Taizai295 Member

Guess we know how much stronger estarossa is than both derieri and Monspeet. The dude doesn’t appear to have a scratch on him.

8. Pumpkin Head Habitual Jokester

Estarossa is such a bastard. But he's the bastard this manga needs right now. I hate and love this guy.

9. Sphyer ~

Well that's unfortunate. I was hoping Monspeet would stick around (him and Esta are my #2 favorite 10c).

Damn, I actually though Monspeet would survive :(

Here's hoping he at least got to show off before his end. Also, it seems like everybody wants to strangle Estarossa these days. First Ban and now Derieri.

My only hope for denial is that since the heart isn't actually crushed yet, maybe somehow, he'll be saved? I doubt it though.

10. Rai Spooky Kitten

11. Rai Spooky Kitten

Q: (Fufu-san from Germany) Why is Estarossa depicted on Meliodas' wanted poster? A: That's what the castle designer purely and simply imagined Meliodas would look like ten years later.

12. Taizai295 Member

Oh, so we FINALLY get the answer to that.

13. Rai Spooky Kitten

Estarossa wants all the decrees for himself lol :franky

14. Taizai295 Member

Holy crap that’s a long summary. We get to learn more about estarossa. Poor bastard.

15. Sphyer ~

Chapter really looks interesting. Wasn't expecting to get so much info about Estarossa and Monspeets ability getting explained along with Mel's wanted poster is a great bonus.

16. HHellenn Well-Known Member

17. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

18. Taizai295 Member

I wonder if the DK ignores estarossa because he wasn’t born with the power of darkness. If so, this further proves that the DK is a total asshole.

19. Harbour I stole all bitches.

Still doesnt explain that scene with Elizabeth' dream.

20. Yak Well-Known Member

ADSGFKJHADFGKLHANDGF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :catflip

21. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

I don't care about Estarossa's life story or pity party. he killed the human derieri and monspiet were growing attached to, and is about to kill monspiet....this can't stand...atleast derieri must get away and hook up with SDS

22. Yak Well-Known Member

Well... you should. Because it explains why he is fucked up in the head.

Seriously, the DK knew he had a son who was born without the power of darkness and what does he do? Gives the poor child a decree and forecully injects dark energy into him. His own father basically gave him a mental disorder on purpose. Father of the year, right there. What a fucking asshole. Now I almost wish for Mael awakening inside Estarossa and putting his deranged personality to sleep so he can go out and kick some demon butt.

That said, I'm still pissed. I hope this doesn't kill Monspiet. I hope the blow didn't destroy his last heart. EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't look properly. He basically has it in his hand. Unless there is a last resort Trick Star move that replaces his hear with another apple (lol), Monspiet is probably done for. FUCK.

23. Rai Spooky Kitten

By the way, the DK pitied Estarossa for being sandwiched between the genius first and third sons. Also, Monspiet adds that giving him the decree was a mistake.

24. Yak Well-Known Member

This is ironic and funny how many paralells there are between him and Escanor by now with being naturally dweebish but being blessed/cursed with a power that doesn't originally belong to either and is detrimental for either's health.

I am really curious what Nakaba even intends to do with Estarossa. It is pretty clear by now that out of the siblings he is the one who got shafted the hardest, basically from birth or very young childhood and he doesn't even fucking know why. How are you going to solve a situation where you create a mentally instable character that is a homicidal lunatic yet at the same time hint at his tragic past and there being more to him and his power? With any other mangaka I would say it can only end in a Sasuke-esque cringefest but here I honestly don't know what the fuck I am supposed to even feel. :catface

25. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

i know what i feel. rage+apathy. i honestly am kinda done with this guy. and i feel like even an explanation as to what his deal is wont make it better if derieri+ monspiet goes out here

26. Summer Gaze Well-Known Member

Estarossa just killed Monspeet's potential confession, and probably him as well.
    I do get the feeling that Derieri is gonna survive tho.

27. Rai Spooky Kitten

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  28. Rai Spooky Kitten

29. Rai Spooky Kitten

30. Rai Spooky Kitten