1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

266 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Rai, May 11, 2018.

1. nyugimon Active Member

it's possible that his real grace is actually "perfect hypnosis", and he's one of the main villains of the series all along. just my two cents :).

2. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

3. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

While not necessarily related, something I took note of here by the way, is that Nakaba showed us the scene of Mael's death again in the chapter. And it's the exact same scene as before, just from a different angle. To me, that very much indicates that the people involved (Notably the Archangels) only saw that. They didn't see Estarossa killing Mael. They saw him standing there, in front of a dead Mael. So... what I'm guessing, is that Estarossa never killed him at all. So if Gowther was present, you could totally roll with something ridiculous like Elizabeth killing Mael for some reason (To protect Estarossa? Probably didn't intend that, at any rate), and Gowther (And Estarossa?) ended up messing with some memories: Elizabeth doesn't remember any of this, while Estarossa has the memory of killing Mael, to take the fall instead of Elizabeth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jizznificent Your unborn bro

5. Yak Well-Known Member

Regardless of the details (I still think Estarossa killed Mael tho), I can not only see all three of them involved with Mael's murder, I can even see the reason.

And that is for the seal of the eternal coffin of darkness to work properly and seal away the entire demon clan, they needed a tremendous amount of powerful goddess blood. Elizabeth's blood, despite it being so naturally potent, was barely enough to free the commandments, not much else. They subsequently sacrificed a fuckton of humans to get the other demons out. So, I assume the really bad deal here was that they were going to sacrifice Mael for that. Against his will.

Frankly, I doubt Elizabeth could have done it. At least on her on. I don't see her taking on Mael by herself. So maybe she tried and then Estarossa finished him off or maybe it was Estarossa all by himself, or Gowther even helped - point is - Meliodas who likely could've taken on the most powerful Archangel must've been otherwise preoccupied. And who is the only other person from the demon clan who would even listen to Elizabeth's request? Zeldris? HELL NAH.

Of course it had to be Estarossa.

The more I think about the mere possibility that she and/or Gowther goaded him into agreeing with this or probably lying to him that Elizabeth was in grave danger from Mael or something (or maybe she even WAS, who knows?) to make him do it, the more the idea sickens me. It would be quite disgusting to manipulate him into it. Not solely because of his feelings for Elizabeth, more because he had a personal stake in ending the war originally and even if he was hella instable already by that time, playing on that is sorta dirty.

I guess we will find out soon enough. But I assume it has to do with that. Gowther outright refused to tell them the truth about his involvment with the seal making, claiming he didn't know if he was allowed to tell them just yet (so it must be something outrageous). He remembers Mael always thinking highly of Elizabeth (wtf, Gowther was a Commandment back then, so how did he even know about this if he was not personally acquainted with both of them or at least a witness).

I feel this all connects in a way we cannot yet see but I doubt it's pretty.

6. titantron91 God Killer

True, and we don't even know Mael's ceiling and threshold yet haha.

Based on how much power dip the Goddesses suffered when Mael died, I believe Mael is some notches above even the old Meliodas.

Sariel and Tarmiel obviously owns 1C Estarossa and they're the weakest Archangels. What makes him stronger than Mael, the strongest Archangel? Sariel and Tarmiel implies that 1C Estarossa cannot possibly beat Mael under any condition (implying that even in nighttime, Mael's still stronger).

His death caused tipped the balance to a bigger degree compared to Mel's defection form the Demons.

7. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Mel and Eli were killed after or before Mael's death :hmm

8. TragicDeath Active Member

Thats a great question Rai. As far as I can remember the 2nd blow from SD and DK left Meliodas and Ely heavily wounded while both of them close with each other holding hands Mel passed out for days then suddenly he woke up wounds were healed. Looked on his side and saw Ely a dead meat. He couldnt remember what happened to them but the only thing he knows holy war ended when he was still unconscious. So back to your question I would say Mel died first before Mael.

9. Kor Well-Known Member

So Gowther turned the world into a Everybody Hates Estarossa show.

10. TragicDeath Active Member

@Rai are we getting the spoiler soon? Ty in advance

11. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Friday.

12. Jjcb New Generation

The Demon King exists. So does that vassal that he gave his power to (sure he took it away,but being trusted with that much power should give him some credence).

He doesn't need to want to exterminate demons. Beating the shit out of Commandments like Karmadios every once in a while is good enough to fuck with the DC's war effort.

..... So it's still Demon Clan vs All other clans. The reason they joined up isn't relevant, the important thing is that they joined.

That's not relevant to how capable they are at fighting a 4v1 war, the fact of the matter is that they kept a consistent stalemate up until the seal.

I never talked about this, strawman.

So, what you're telling me here is, the Goddesses needed both Mael AND Meliodas defecting (whether he fought for the GC is irrelevant, the important thing is he wasn't fighting for the DC) to maintain a level playing field?

it's not even a level field, mael got killed by the DC and the GC was fucked so badly that they needed to give up their bodies just to postpone the holy war.

The DC is the strongest one, the Holy War cements this.

13. TragicDeath Active Member

Thanks @Rai I really thought were getting double chapters but yeah its fine friday.

14. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Double chapter on Friday.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

Why even keep the Angels around at this point? They just got humiliated for weeks

16. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Can't wait for Friday :catroll:catroll:catroll

17. Blade Well-Known Member

Estaliodas vs Meliodas :soon: :kobe

18. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

I don't get why this is even hype.

No commandment Meliodas was able to trash Estarossa. Mel with 4 commandments is going to further maul him.

He should have Estarossa steal the Graces too.

19. TragicDeath Active Member

I couldnt wait as well @Rai . I have a gutt feeling Elizabeth will save Estarossa removing all the darkness inside of him.:haha

20. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Hopefully it happens :panders

21. Rai 노블레스

Flag:
    Spain
    Esta absorbing Tar and Sar Graces? :mako

I didn't thought about that :mako

Only way he can reach 5C AM Mel level without losing his mind :mako

Estarossa vs Mel must happen :box

22. Yak Well-Known Member

Okay, okay, WOW

I just thought this could actually work. Estarossa wasn't originally born with the power of darkness. So theoretically if he could absorb them, he wouldn't be hurt by them any more than absorbing the commandment decrees do. But since they are polar opposites, Estarossa might gain all the strength from it but their polar natures offset the negative effects of each other. He could get a huge power up with zero risk.

Mind = BLOWN

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  23. Gay Vegeta Number 1 Vegeta Fan

People forget that the Vampires were on the Demons side. It wasn't 4vs1

• List
  24. Dayscanor The One

Nakaba is going to kill off Estarossa, isn't he? :wellshit

Better be prepared for that possibility I guess. :raiden

25. Jjcb New Generation

must I remind you the Demons slaughtered the Vampires themselves according to Edinburgh and the only reason some of them survived was because of Zeldris thinking with the wrong head?

26. Rax The Evil Within The Embers

The top vampire was barely shit.

27. Taizai295 Member

The vampires weren’t shit and they were idiots for even thinking about going against the demons.

28. King Of Disaster Active Member

They are alive clear as day.

29. King Of Disaster Active Member

Human, giant and fairy are bugs comparing to demon. Lol
    These weaklings can not event beat an Albion. Lol
    More than 90% main forces was the goddess.

30. King Of Disaster Active Member