1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

271 Spoilers / Discussion

Discussion in 'Ruins of Danafor' started by Yak, Jun 8, 2018.

1. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

So the DK also doesn't have any memories concerning Estarossa. Very interesting.

2. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

So, I got curious, and CR does also have DK state that he has no memory of Estarossa.

Also, I wasn't even looking, but they somehow managed to not even list the next chapter because who needs quality when idiots like me will pay them for shit?

3. Dayscanor The One

Oh right, the full Japanese raws should be out by now.

Sate sate...Kappa

Spoiler:

Mel: What? Something is strange. My memories of Estarossa are...
    DK: You've also noticed. It appears that both you and I can't remember. Ha...ha..

So yep long story short, the DK also doesn't remember Estarossa. :gglife

MS didn't fuck up. :heckk

4. SonicTron Well-Known Member

Hmmm doesn't naturally have the power of darkness

And nobody including the Demon King even has memories of him

Estarossa is clearly not one of the sons of the Demon King

5. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

Funny how none of them have even mentioned him before this, its always been other people mentioning estarossa like monspiet or zeldris, but even then zel does not refer to his past.

memory shenanigans makes me think estarossa aint who people think he is

In his past, he was shown in a sky palace along with ellie, but why would he even be in a sky palace to begin with as a kid, being apart of the 10c. also why would he even know about it if only Meliodas and Ellie knew about them during their trysts.

He talks like Mel is his bro but seems to be taking Zel's memories of Meliodas , and makes that connection, but for some reason Mael and Estarossa are connected, cause people still cant figure out how Mael died despite clearly not being in a position to lose unless it was night time...which at this point seems much too easy an explanation for those events

So much shit dont make any sense regardng esta

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. Taizai295 Member

I just hope that nakaba can explain all this shit properly without leaving any plot holes.

These constant plot twists regarding estarossa is getting so damn annoying at this point.

As a matter of fact, im getting fed up with this whole memory manipulation shit.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  7. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

i agree, hopefully we get answers soon about all this so we can finally get to cooler plot stuffs

not that i dont thnk the mystery on the face of it is interesting, but its concerning a character i really have no interest in

8. Escageta Well-Known Member

After reading a lot of what Estaross really is . I don't want to read more and want Nakaba to reveal it quickly! I cannot wait

9. SonicTron Well-Known Member

Mael made an agreement with Gowther(10c) to sacrifice his own life to end the holy war

Gowther(10c) learned many secrets behind Creation, when creating his first puppet Gowther(sins)

In order to end the war, Gowther(10c) required the power within Mael, the most powerful of the 4 archangels, in order to generate a powerful enough memory modifying ability that could be used to rewrite the memories of ALL of the demons AND the goddesses. INCLUDING THE DEMON KING.

Because Gowther(10c) was using his own power, rather than a commandment, none of the goddesses are immune to the memory rewrite. Perhaps furthermore, harnessing the very power of a Mael himself made it possible in the first place to rewrite the memories of the goddess clan

However in order to make this believable, Mael had to have a completely fabricated death that happened at the hands of someone who did not actually kill him. Perhaps it was impossible to falsify a memory of actually killing Mael, for whatever reason, like the bond between a demon and goddess at the moment of death is impossible to fake as a memory. So in order to facilitate this, Gowther(10c) had to destroy Mael's soul and puppetize his body like Gowther(sins).

So Estarossa was born. From the husk of Mael, but without his soul - which would be reincarnated anyhow as we saw. However, Mael required memories and purpose. Not being a true Demon, this also explains why he is without the power of darkness and must be imbued with it forcibly.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to create an entire life for someone...so Gowther(10c) needed to incorporate the memories of others like Zeldoris and Meliodas in order to create a being with enough inside knowledge of the Demon King's sons to pass as his son. These are likely mingling with Mael's own memories and creating new false memories on top of that. Some sort of psycho mind transfer kind of shit where Gowther(10c) tried to overwrite the soulless husk of Mael to cover up the truth.

This wasn't a problem, because Meliodas abandoned the Demon army anyhow, so it made it easier for Mael to exist without contradictions popping up and causing mental breakdown. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest that Gowther(10c) used his powers to make the Demon King and Supreme Goddess curse Meliodas and Elizabeth. In order to keep them from returning, for a long long long time. It is only recently with the new movements of the Demon King that everything has come to a head and the secret of Estarossa / Mael / Gowther is crumbling. For 3000 years this worked.

Now, Gowther(sins) is probably the final key to all of this (in terms of plot, he will describe everything about how it happened and why) . He either knows exactly whats happening right now, or will soon unlock that memory. I also believe that the point at which he unlocks that memory or understanding is going to be the moment that Estarossa defeats Escanor and somehow discovers that he can absorb Mael's archangel power.

So what of this? Here is where I think it is going

Meliodas + multiple commandments + recovery of his emotions will be pitted against

Maelstarossa + multiple commandments + recovery of his soul (Mael's Archangel power)

It's the only reasonable way I can see Estarossa becoming a true threat to Meliodas, considering how much more powerful Meliodas in base form is and the fact that Meliodas is already in possession of more commandments

Mark my words I will be exactly right

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

The cover of the special volume that comes packed with volume 33. Likely telling the story of how Elizabeth got hurt saving Mel 10 years ago during the framing and lost her memory

11. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

I thought that was coming with more keychains. I guess that was a mistake. This is much better at least.

12. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

i think it might also come with the kilane balaine keychains, this is the melizabeth portion i guess...although its more than a little imbalanced

13. Keishin Well-Known Member

"Gowther(10c) had to destroy Mael's soul and puppetize his body like Gowther(sins)."
    The other archangels would know that the body is Mael's and what's more his face is like future Meliodas's in the way pictured by the artist of that wanted poster.
    How did a nondemom get stuck in goddess seal
    Also isn't it weird that Estarossa looks like the poster of Meliodas? So it would make sense if he was created only recently from that poster but since he was in the seal I guess not .

14. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

Nakaba said the posters only relevance is that the kingdoms artist drew what he thought mel would look like 10 years later. but its weird how escanor dont look anything like his poster

15. SonicTron Well-Known Member

Everyone in this scenario has altered memories. And without his soul, I think that Mael’s Body ceases to be an archangel. Or, the seal does not differentiate between demons and archangels. Perhaps the demon clan and goddess clan are not so different as we are led to believe, like the light side and dark side of the force

16. Inuhanyou Will of the Goddess

well they look the same outside of eyes, angel wings and darkness