1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

273 Spoilers/Discussion

Discussion in 'Ruins of Danafor' started by Rai, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Rai Comfy Kitten

Q/A: Q302: (Raphael-san from Aichi Prefecture) Were Ludociel and Mael on good terms as brothers? A: Ludociel was a very caring brother. Mael too seemed to yearn to be like him.

Detailed summary:
    Spoiler:
    Long summary: Hawk wants to get confirmation from Gowther that the one who took away Elizabeth is Estarossa. Gowther says it actually isn't. Flashback: Dad Gowther tells his creation that he'll use a technique to convert the lives and magics to put an end to the Holy War. He says it'll alter the memories of one person and the consciences of the ones who know said indivisual, even gods. He says if it is siccessful, the Goddesses will be forced to use the Coffin of Eternal Darkness. He lacks a bit if magic for that so he'll borrow some of the doll's strength, which the latter agrees. End of flashback. King thanks Derrierie for helping sving Elizabeth. The Demon says it isn't her only goal: she never forgets Esta… ro… She gets confused here. Same for Sariel who can't remember Estarossa's face, and for Tarmiel who's discomforted about it. The part arrives at the Sky Theater where they see a giant black monster with the upper part of Estarossa on top of it. They of course attack him. back at Gowther, a good question is asked: The altered consciences will never revert ever again? There's a faint possibility and the affected consciences of every person got harmonized. If an accident ever happens to one of them and the destruction sets in, every conscience will gradually collapse then all in a fell swoop. Anyway, the doubt is confirmed once Gowther arrives at the scene. The troop and Estarossa fight. Sariel is bothered, he can't remember Mael's face. Derrierie, while fighting Estarossa, asks him who he is, adding that there is no such guy as him in the Ten Commandments. Tarmiel's in the same pinch as Sariel and King assumes it's the works of Estarossa.

Now we have Elizabeth in the dark. She says Estarossa is in error as Meliodas wouldn't say a lie that'd hurt his brother. That he's worried about Zeldris. Bam, a flashback of Goddess Elizabeth and Meliodas. The Demon tells the Goddess he wanted to save Zeldris and Gelda. After all, he's his only brother. Huh? Then what about Estarossa? We then see the Estarossa/Elizabeth about the former being tormented for being unale to kill a bug and the latter picking a dog up. She was asked about its name. It's Estarossa. Here's where Estarossa's image changes into Mael's. back at the Sky Theater, Hawk remarks that everyone but them seems to be suffering. Gowther tells him the harmonized consciences started crumbling. The memories as a Demon turn into those as a Goddess, the memories with the brother Meliodas turn into those with the brother Ludociel. A whirlwind surrounds Estarossa and Hawk wonders what it is. Gowther says he's going to stop him at the expense of his life, saying it's another sin he bears with his creator, and his responsibility. Some black parts of the black monster break away to reveal the wings. The Archangels can't believe their eyes: it's the Archangel Mael.

Title of next chapter: Mael the Archangel of despair.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  2. Yak Well-Known Member

AND GOD HAS SAVED US ALL.

BLESS RAI.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Yak Well-Known Member

Also yeah, we called it. All of us. Ages ago. Lol. Now the details are the juicy part I wanna see and know. Can't wait, I'm getting hyped as fuuuuuuuuck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. ShadowCT6 New Member

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! :iria:iria:iria:iria

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Seraphiel nah

Mael is THE BIG GAY

6. Dayscanor The One

Praise the Sun God....Maelstarossa? :psyduck

Thanks Rai.:catwave

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Yak Well-Known Member

So... who put Sunshine into Escanor if Mael fucking lived? And how? OG Gowther? The SD?

And will Mael come around if he is united with his Grace? Or will he shape up to become the final villain?

Too many questions right now.

8. Kejon Well-Known Member

Wait wtf... So he is weaker now than he used to be?

9. Yak Well-Known Member

That's fairly obvious. He doesn't even have his grace.

10. Kejon Well-Known Member

Gowther fucke dup so much What did he even do?

11. ShadowCT6 New Member

@Rai Sorry if I am bothering you, but may I make a question? Will the chapter be a long one or will it have the usual number of pages that the chapters are used to be published? I am asking this due to the break that the manga took and the importance of this chapter for the manga, I guess that it'll be a way be different from the others.

12. Kejon Well-Known Member

Graces are definitely stronger than Commandments.

13. Dayscanor The One

Congrats to everyone who worked on finding clues about this theory, and in particular @kayz who might have been the first to mention it here, although I think it was around for longer than that.

Well I guess we only need the details now.

14. Yak Well-Known Member

Still kinda sad that Meliodas never had that middle brother who looked up to him. It was all probably just a big fat lie.

On the other hand, this will probably even the battlefield against the demons a bit, if Mael in some capacity joins the fight he will be a force to reckon with. And I doubt he'll be with Meliodas.

15. mmzrmx Lazy person

Well he should be since he lacks his grace, and his goddess powers seem to be dormant or non existant. Estarossa has really low magic, and nearly all of his current power is pure strength.

16. Rai Comfy Kitten

Mael was the soft and jealous of Eli and Mel.

He looked up to Ludoshel.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Seraphiel nah

He's gonna die fighting Mel because he's insane, I doubt he'll regain his sanity until he's on his deathbed.

18. BetelgeuseStar New Member

Maybe Merlin, she was Gowther's diciple after all, she also looks like Rosa, the one who saved Escanor, the grace user.

19. Seraphiel nah

Young Mael wanted to NTR mel :pimpe

20. Dayscanor The One

I think the key here is Rosa, she might be the one who gave Sunshine to Escanor. Maybe Rosa =OGowther. :psyduck

Or the grace naturally found something to inhabit and then found its way to Escanor, but it seems too random. Plus Escanor got it just as he's getting bullied, so it feels intentional. Maybe the graces are sentient.

Agree so many questions.

21. Rai Comfy Kitten

Now everyone remembers.

and Estarossa is seeing growing wings!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  22. Rai Comfy Kitten

The dog's name is Estarossa.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  23. Yak Well-Known Member

So that part is true.

Hm. I had suspected at some point that if Gowther really manipulated everyone's memories, he would use something as a basis for that. Its very in character for him to not make up stuff completely but just alter existing information. I guess then other things we thought we knew about Estarossa are half-truths as well, hm?

That said, if Ludoshel gets wind of these news, I wouldn't put it past him to go and try to kill Escanor. So he can restore his brother completely.

24. Kejon Well-Known Member

25. Bojan New Member

Or... did he even have darkness in the first place or even that was an illusion?

26. Dayscanor The One

It's patially a lie since instead he had a little brother aka Zel who looked up to him.
    I'd rather Mael worked to end the war like Estarossa was supposed to. I have a feeling that might not have been a fabrication, but the real Mael also wanted that.

27. Yak Well-Known Member

OH SHIT I knew the dog would play a role later but I had thought he was part of the incarnation cycle and was perhaps the original vessel for Hawk's character but that quickly went out of the window when Nakaba made him a creature abducted from Purgatory to monitor Mel.

Never thought that he was the name-giving animal for this fabricated cover-up. DAMN!

28. Rai Comfy Kitten

19 pages.

29. Rai Comfy Kitten

Yep and now is growing back his Archangel wings.

30. Yak Well-Known Member

Possible. But I am thinking more around the lines of Rosa being the Supreme Deity. If they really all lost their physical forms, something had to happen to her as well. The Demon King got sent to Purgatory to roast his ass off for a Billion years and the SD was probably confined to sit around and swap bodies of mere humans. She probably savekept the passage of Sunshine for all those centuries until it managed to be reincarnated into Escanor.