1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[283] Naruto's Hidden Kunai

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by seen16, Nov 10, 2005.

1. seen16 New Member

whatt..Anyone else see whip out the Kunai from his sleave..
    looks like a string attach to it too

Tags:
  2. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

I dont know why Naruto would have a kunai in his sleeve in the first place but its awesome. I guess he wanted to be prepared. A good ninja never let........you know what? Fuck it. Naruto had a kunai attached to a string because hes a badass like that. There's no other reason.

To be a good ninja you actually have to act like a ninja. Naruto pulling a kunai with the string out of his shirt is proof of it. Recently he

- Snuck up on Sakura and Sizune
    - Snuck up on Hinata
    - Pulled a kunai from his sleeve

That my friend is a ninja.

3. blue fox Kage Bushin no Jutsu!

I was curious about that kunai as well. I have a feeling he will be using it next chapter in the (hopefully) ensuing skirmish between him and Sai. Naruto has to prove his masculinity here. The string MUST be there for a reason, therefore it is safe to assume that the string will be intregal in his battle strategy.

Naruto may have looked like an idiot this chapter, but I guarantee that he will not next chapter...I hope...

4. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

it probably came from his pants...
    he put it there to make it seem that his youknowwhat increased in size too XD

5. xpressure You lack.......... Hate!

Agreed, the next chapter is when Shika and Chouji see Naruto fight and say "wow you really have become powerful" and Sai falls to his knees saying "Boss, make me your subordinate" haha jk. Seriously though I think people are in for a big supprise next chapter.

6. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

lmao, I'd +REP+ you, but I can't.

Well it looks like I don't have to say a damn thing in here except that he truly has matured.

Ok, one more thing. Am I the only one who was reminded of Desperado with Antonio Banderas whipping out those two pistols from his sleeves?

7. notme 団長

String = Tied to a Hiraishin tag?

I wish... That would be AWESOME!

8. sblymnlcrymnl ...

I thought of Desperado. Equilibrium too, with the hidden magazines.

9. ouroborus 団扇祭

Hopefully we'll see him use it, but for what? Usually when you have a string attached to something you are going to use it to climb or to pull it back after you throw it. He's already on the rough, so maybe he'll throw it and pull it back when needed.

Maybe he's just really careful about not loosing his kunai? I imagine they might be hard to replace when you're training outside of your village for 2.5 years and you have a perverted teacher using all of your money until you're broke. :D

10. Leen Peacemaker

U are not alone my friend. I think of the same thing too. If so, then Chouji and Shikamaru must be his two buddies. Chouji's baika no jutsu is just like the guy with the rocket guitar while Shikamaru's shadow stitching must be the other guy's 'never-ending bullet' guitar.

See the resemblence there???:thumbs

11. Shisui is dead

Dude...he's a NINJA with a HIDDEN WEAPON...what a surprise!

It was cool though, no doubt.

12. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

omg desperado... i miss that...

13. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

haha, pretty much my thoughts

Definately cool to see that he is prepared at all times for a fight, but its not like its anything to go scream to the world about - they are ninjas

14. Elysium Coca-Cola no Jutsu

Actually, didn't Naruto also use a kunai with a rope attachment in the first movie? Back when the princess was being airlifted by the main bad guy, Naruto threw a kunai seemingly out of nowhere with a rope attached to it, which looped around the princess' arm?

15. Leen Peacemaker

Just like u say, it's MOVIE not manga. It's different. That doesn't count.:amuse

16. geminis Active Member

Damn, beat me to the thread had class. So yea Naruto don't play that shit he stays strapped.

The string was attached for easy maneuvarability and so he can conceal it in sleeves for all-purpose kunai use and availability. ( I guess)

This gives Naruto a new "grown-up" image I guess. It shows how he is always in ninja mode and what he has been accustomed to in the last 2.5 yrs.

Another example is when Naruto killed the Itachi clone and sakura was like "Naruto has been dealing with ppl like these all this time."

17. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

What the? A Ninja!? Awesome its a party!!

Naruto actually acts more like a Ninja now and I love it. Lets go out and ninja in the night!

18. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

look, until Naruto can hit all 8 targets including the one in the blind spot i won't be impressed...sheesh, even i can tie a knife to a string in my jackets sleeve. does that make me Kage level? maybe it does...

19. geminis Active Member

That was his first strike, Naruto isn't even worming up yet. Can't wait for next chapter. I hope nobody tries to break the fight so we can see some interesting sparring. Sai looks promising probably jounin level but I doubt he'll be stronger than Naruto overall.

And who knows, that Naruto who was talking to shikamaru and attacked Sai could've been a kage bunshin lol you never know.

20. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Hiraishin 4 Life! :yelling

21. Gipo Moogle hunter

The kunai is tied to the rope, and Naruto will twirl it around and rope will wrap round Sai's sword, making it useless... (LOL right... like a sword won't be able to cut through rope)

22. AEmer Member

You're all underestimating it...obviously Naruto was envious of spidermans web-guns and batmans cable gun, so he's now got his very on kunai-on-a-rope instead!, just you wait it, eventually he'll be using it to swing around in Konoha like some strange iteration of Tarzan...

23. Woofie Coordinator

*ROFL*

Yup, I guess that says it all.

24. Sess 殺生丸

Preach on my brotha!

25. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Could this be the start of more traditional Naruto? Like in the beginning when it was more focused on the traditional ninja aspects. Like KN said, Naruto has been acting a lot more ninja-ish. Not to mention this chapter seemed a lot more...tradtional. Look at Sai's artwork. Traditional asian style calligraphy-based artwork, the setting seemed more Japanese themed this week, and even Chouji's clothing was more Japanese style.

It was cool.

26. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

Lol, I did nearly the same thing when I had to go out alone at 5:00 in the morning to take the just baked clay pieces from my workshop for the Halloween contest (I was a bit late so I had to paint them as soon as possible).
    Only, I hid in my sleave a cutter, not a kunai. And it wasn't attached to a string, but being held near my wrist with an elastic band.
    I'm a prudent girl. :p

27. batanga 6 1 15-45 300

Indeed.

Somehow, the whole chapter looked really different. Like the one where Kakashi used his mangekyou (or the one before, can?t really remember which one). That chapter looked a bit different from usual, too.

Maybe it?s the new and nice angles:

Chouji hitting that lion on the double page
    Sai opening the scroll and taking out the brush
    Naruto + those lions jumping from the roof
    Naruto + shika's shadows destroying the lions

Those pages were suberb. I hope kishi makes more chapters looking like this.

And I?d really like to see more traditional ninja action.

28. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

Kishimoto is getting more and more better in composition. :)

29. Azrael Bitch, Get Serious

You said it.

30. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

@Poon-tanga: Yeah, I can't put my finger on it but the feeling of this chapter and the great angles/artwork really made it feel more tradtional to me.