1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[285] Appearance of a new Akatsuki member? (+other stuff)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by unapimper, Nov 24, 2005.

1. unapimper Member

The plot REALLY thickens in this chapter - so many things are very very forboding about the upcoming chapters - one thing I noticed was the anbu guy who snuck up on Sai - doesn't he look like one of the unrevealed akatsuki member with the hair like that? Just a speculation: IF he really is an akatsuki member... how would this thicken the plot in regards to the upcoming story?

Also, I think Sai keeping a picture of himself as a child is very significant - it could mean that he is NOT completely absent of emotion and attachment to the past, and it speaks volumes as to how Sai will eventually turn out after spending the next 10-20 chapters with Naruto and Co.

Naruto and Sakura also mentioned that Sai looks like Sasuke... this could potentially speak volumes as well in the future, because we all know how meticulous Kishimoto is - he wouldn't show anything without a reason that will help future plots.

Last but not least - the cat that jumped on Sai's roof... for all people could gather it could be nothing, but for me, knowing the naruto world, that could be a henge technique, i.e. someone could've transformed into that cat to spy on sai... OR... someone elsewhere was spying on Sai from a distance, and just happened to scare that cat into jumping on the roof. Again... all these details could be very revealing in the future.

Let me know your thoughts

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

I strongly doubt that Iruka-haired dude is an Akatsuki member, but nice thought.

I hope you're right about the cat being a Henge. :amuse

3. mix_m Red Deck Wins.

The cat must have some sort of purpose, otherwise it'd just be filler. The way I see it, the options are:
    1) a Henge
    2) the cat was disturbed by someone outside
    3) cats have something to do with Sai's past

As a related point, were the paintings that Sai summoned lions? Because that could add to the cat mini-theme.

4. unapimper Member

Just thought of something, that cat could've been Yamato! Tsunade told him to keep an eye out for Sai, and he could be trying to find out more about Sai during the one hour the rest of the team were supposed to be preparing. :p

5. Absolute Zero Bleachtard

The cat is Yoruichi.

Can you say Naruto/Bleach crossover?

6. Malthara Leaf Ninja

I dont think it's an akatsuki member i think it's just to emphasize sai's underlying motive this kinda shows that he's not totally some other village bad guy spy. But since some people think the kyuubi would be bad for konoha he still could be agianst naruto personally.
    Also that Anbu guy code named Yamato was wearing the cat mask when he met Tsunade and was told to keep track on sai so that could have been him.

7. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Just because his hair is like one of the Akatsuki doesn't mean he is one. It simply means Kishimoto is out of hair design ideas or simply finds that type of hair easier to make then others.

8. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i think the cat was a summon? lol. don't you think the anbu guy would notice a henge? I don't know why sakura mentioned the sasuke thing, who knows what that could mean. maybe sai is uchiha? lol

9. dylec .

Sakura is opening the pandora box for more Uchiha theories. :amazed

10. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

lol, i hope the cat was someone or someone's summon. lol. it'd be hilarious if that cat was jiraiya and we get a flashback to where naruto and jiraiya are talking. lol. not likely but it would be hilarious.

11. unapimper Member

Very true... I am not more inclined to believe that the cat was Yamato.

I believe the new team 7 is in good hands... as long as Yamato is stronger than sai that is.

12. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

hehe that'd be classic, Jiraiya being the cat :p

I'm hoping it was Yamato's summon, that'd be really neat.

you'll get people saying that the picture was of his sasuke who's actually his lost brother :p

13. Robotkiller Still alive

yep gotta be a summon I think it was summoned by yamato because kakashi can summon dogs so the new team seven leader must summon cats....thats just me though:)

14. Zenith00 The ShadowCaster

LMAO! that would be hillarious. But i think jiraiya being the cat is da bomb!

15. ChildGamez The agony of RawR camping!

Hmm.. more and more I think of it I'm sure Sai will became good character, possibly changed by Naruto.
    Evidence #1 most likely dark past / childhood
    (ooooh! we know what happens to those ;) )

I also notices the cat... Very unlikely that it was there only to took manga space..

16. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

my opinion about the cat:
    someone who was spying released the cat when he noticed he was noticed :huh

...or it's just a filler :laugh

anyway comparing that ANBU guy to the pineapple head akatsuki is ridiculous since he was as much taller... a giant like kisame

17. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

theres nothing filler about that talking cat, i assure you.

18. Shisui is dead

Yeah, I immediately thought of Pineapple-head when I saw that ANBU member too. But the ANBU guy's hair is a lot longer and crazier than the silhouette's in chap 238. I don't think they're the same.

As for the cat...my guess is that someone was spying on them and when he realized he was noticed he kawarimi'ed with the cat and escaped.

Btw, what was that about in ratfox's translation where he said the cat said "F***B***?" Is that a joke? I don't get it. The cat just said "Nyaa"

19. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

talking cat? ROFL
    you got owned the cat just miauls in the raw

20. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Let us just hope that either Sai or Sasuke kill Naruto so the two can give the manga a real battle. Maybe an ink drawing biting off Naruto's head from behind or a kunai in the heart after Naruto faints.

21. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Random ANBU Roots guy being from Akatsuki is a TERRIBLE idea. Why on earth would an uber elite nin be spending his time poncing about in an ANBU mask and being Denzou's bitch? And if he is 'Tsuki, why hasn't he just grabbed Naruto already? Terrible terrible idea.

However... your idea that the cat is someone in henge is a good one! Makes sense since the car appearing didnt seem to have a purpose, so unless Kishimoto has become a sudden fan of having random pointless encounters with animals, then the cat must have a purpose. I wonder if the cat is someone good or bad? (or being controled by someone good or bad, if its not a henge)

22. hussamb Active Member

sorry but i thought that was Sai cat, maybe he has emotion but he dont want the root to know about this.

23. Zenko Hazumi has left the forums

I'm positive the cat has some significance. I hope you're right about it being a henge!! XD

24. Nakor Active Member

the cat has to have some kind of purpose. i would hope that kishi wouldn't waste a two panels to show a random cat. its prolly yamato's summon. he did tell them to gather up their stuff so they can leave soon, so he knew where sai would be.

25. SSJLance Kagekage

I remember people talking about Maybe Sai has a Biju (sp?) and that the 2 tailed demon is a cat. I don't know but when I saw the cat, I was reminded of that.