1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[286] I told you so!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gallic Rush, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Gallic Rush

Psht, you liars who said Sakura doesn't care about Sasuke anymore... DIE IN THE AGONY OF YOUR WRONGNESS!! :kukuku

Sakura pretty much flipped out and floored Sai for more or less telling the truth about Sasuke (though with plenty of pejoratives and not-so-subtle insults). While many people were probably delighted with Sai getting pounded, I feel it showed how much Sakura still cares about Sasuke. Keep in mind that she threatened to thrash Sai even harder if he spoke "badly" of Sasuke again.

All in all a more amusing chapter, but I thought that was a useful bit of plot building :wink

Tags:
  2. FitzChivalry

Yeah, it seems as though she still likes Sasuke.:notrust Also, I found Naruto's expression to be interesting when she slapped Sai while defending Sasuke.

His expression of blankness at Sakura's "Don't talk about Sasuke-kun, either" comment was attention grabbing. At least to me.

3. TheoDerek

Yes Sakura does still feel for Sasuke, I wasn't under the assumtion that people thought otherwise. And those things Sai said were not true, they were nothing but slander.

4. TenshiOni

And what exactly is your point? Naruto was about to do the same thing too but stopped because he didn't want to get in trouble Yamato...Sakura doesn't care, though.

Did anyone actually believe Sakura for a second?

5. Gallic Rush

How so? Sai's words included several pejoratives but the message was still true...

6. Kahlua2606

I am not surprised that Sakura still cares about Sasuke, that's been a common theme since the beginning of the series, afterall. She begged Naruto to bring him back when he left with the Sound 4, and when Naruto was unsuccessful, she vowed to become more powerful and help Naruto bring him back next time.

WRONG!!! How can you even say that with a straight face? Maybe Sasuke is or is not trash, that's based on opinion, but it is not opinion as to whether Sasuke left Konoha to go to Oro, thereby possibly giving him the Sharingan which he can use to destory Konoha in the future. That is treason, plain and simple, and Sai was right on about it. You can love Sasuke, but don't let that blind you to the basic facts of the series.

7. Prince Leon

Slander? Come, come now. Let's not deceive ourselves. :p

8. TenshiOni

Sakura fans thought Sakura wouldn't care if Sasuke was insulted??

Find an example.

9. ~ Masamune ~

Wrong??? Who's so stupid to say that sakura doesn't care about sasuke,that's like saying Naruto will never use kage bunshin........

10. Devil King Sanji

Prepaparing my anti-riot control weapons :amuse

12. Yakushi~Kabuto

Both Naruto and Sakura are fools to care about Sasuke.
    This childish t7 fan service is really irritating.

I love Sai for his words about Sasuke. It is clear now he has a strong will, much stronger will than sawussike

13. Cthulhu-versailles

... if sakura or naruto didn't care about sasuke anymore, that would contradict their characters and leave a huge void, where the sasuke storyline is gonna develop.

Who exactly are you telling this shockingly obvious development do. Actually I have one more to tell you, try not to be to amazed. THE NAME OF THE MAIN CHARACTER IS...NARUTO!

Ps: Sai's words about sasuke are basically dead on. He was selfish... however by the end of the series he'll be redeem. So in retropect sai's words are irrelevant.:)

Because sai sucks!!!!!!!!!:amazed

14. TheoDerek

Sai did nothing but insult Sasuke, but I guess thats ok because it seems to be the past time of a lot of members on this forum. Sai quote #1 "WHO BECAUSE HE WAS WEAK, RAN OFF TO OROCHIMARU, SEEKING NOTHING BUT POWER." Sai quote #2 "HE'S A TRASH WORMY BASTARD, LIKE THIS OROCHIMARU" Yeah none of those look like insults, or slander as I put it, to me. I never once said that Sasuke did not leave Konoha.

Sasukes a traitor huh? So what exactly has he done thats traitorus? All hes done as of yet is leave the village. Jiraiya and Tsunade also did that. As far as I know he has yet to do anything to attack Konoha. Also what makes you believe he has any intention to attack Konoha? Do you really think Oro is going to take Sasuke's body? :laugh He may try but if you think he will suceed then your blind.

15. Chiru

Although I am a strong SasuSaku shipper, this scene made me feel kind of bad for Naruto. I'm not entirely sure but to me it seemed as if his look of suprise wasn't coming from the fact that she had punched Sai, but because she had punched Sai for Sasuke.

I thought the two of them were getting VERY close lately. Naruto probably felt the same way. But in this chapter he was reminded of the very thing that he finally came to understand midway through Part I... Sakura "loves" Sasuke.

Of course his look could have just been from the fact that Sakura pwned Sai in the face (I'd like to point out it was like what Tsunade did to Oro)...

16. Kyuubi Naruto

Erm, Ive noticed that most Naru/Saku fans havent posted......:S

Well, yeah she sitll cares for Sasuke. I mean I knew it but im not surprised if people didnt.

17. FitzChivalry

True, but I'm still here.:noworry Though SasuSaku, as well as NaruSaku, likely won't happen.

18. Sho

That's what I thought, he was probably thinking, "Damn. Better not mess with Sakura-chan when she's pissed." Hell, I'd be scared shitless too if I saw that. :laugh

19. TenshiOni

I love those moments where Sakura makes Naruto go O_O;!

20. Lacus Clyne

Of course Sakura still cares about Sasuke. The three of them (Naruto, Sakura, and Sauske) had been a close knit team for a long time. Then, some loud mouth punk who doesn't know a thing about Sasuke starts badmouthing him. It's only natural for her to ger pissed off.

21. Raptor

Yep she still doesn't abandon her crush. though I still wonder if "she" can save him.

I really don't think so, but we'll see...

22. Chiru

lol Yeah. I'd be scared too. I mean...she just decked him! :tem

23. Hef

Well, for starters, Jiraiya or Tsunade didn't hand out one of the most dangerous bloodlines to one of the most dangerous ninjas in the world. And it isn't really about if Oro succeeds or not in taking Sasuke's body, it's that he already has Sasuke in his hands and Oro can take over him. There's not much what Sasuke could do to prevent that. But the main point is that Orochimaru now has a huge weapon in his hands, and that's what Konoha is worried about. That's why he is considered a traitor. Somebody explained it a lot better than I did, but basically it's a treason and there's no way around it. Sure, he might've been manipulated, but he decided to leave everything behind and risk Konoha for his own (selfish) desires.

And of course Sakura still cares for Sasuke. But I'm sure she's rather angry at him as well. :amuse

24. Potentialflip

Luckily I am one of the supposed few who could flat out say. You never told me so. Cause sadly you can not catch me saying Sakura does not care about Sasuke anymore. Though I know who you are talking about. It was fun to see that happen. Sai getting bitch slapped. For some reason I want him to get bitch slapped by everyone.

25. Rynoa

it hurt me to see sakura so biased and so fiery tempered. naruto would suit that place better... anyway, naruto should just shive sakura from his thoughs.

26. Prince Leon

That's not the point of the matter. Duh, of course the trash and wormy bastard part of what he said is an insult. Any blind ninja can see that. The first thing he said about Sasuke is true. We know Sasuke wanted more power and went to the only person he thought could give it to him, Orochimaru. There's no debating that. Now for whether or not he's trash or a wormy bastard, I'll leave that up to others to verify or deny.

:S

Those are totally different circumstances. When Jiraiya and Tsunade left they weren't pursued by any Konoha ninja nor listed as missing-nins. We can safely assume that they left with permission. Otherwise, Tsunade wouldn't be the Godaime now, would she? Sasuke on the other hand left the village without permission to train with Orochimaru, who killed the Sandaime, and who wants to destroy Konoha. Now tell me, that's not a traitor?

Note: This does not include any secret plans that Sasuke may or may not have up his sleeve. So therefore take it at face value.

27. Yakushi~Kabuto

How about intending to kill a friend to gain power?
    How about going with the ones who killed (Oro) and allowed the assassination of Sandaime? (sound4)

and why would oro not take sasuke's body? it was foreshadowed in that dream of sasuke in forest of death. I believe Oro will take Sasuke, and that's why sai was introduced, to fill that t7fanboy "void"

28. TDM

29. Marsala

What's to post? Of course Sakura still cares about Sasuke. She didn't work for three years to rescue some guy she's indifferent to.

On the other hand, nothing that Sakura did proves that she is still romantically in love with Sasuke. If Sai had insulted Naruto and called him a pitiful monster that doesn't deserve to live, she would have reacted just as strongly, if not more so. Also, Sakura used the pronoun "anata" for Sai when she was being polite to him, proving once and for all that the use of "anata" on the 252 cover doesn't mean anything about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. She uses "anata" as the polite form of "you", nothing more.

30. Potentialflip

OMG the whole traitor explanation again. Let me ask how do you define a traitor? Leaving the country or joining the enemy regardless of being manipulated? Now is he a bad guy? That is yet to be seen, I'm going with no. Whether people like it or not he is defined as a traitor. Whether people like it or not in Kakashi's book Sasuke is now below trash. It is only a label I don't see why people are trying to find a way around it.