1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

[286] Naruto struck a nerve!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by CJ32X, Dec 1, 2005.

1. CJ32X Member

page 6 you see sai in a blackout box... theys is gonna gets down and rumble of course but yah just stating that naruto actually madesai feel excluded and pissed inside

Tags:
  2. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Yeah, I noticed that too. Naruto seemed to have really hurt Sai with those words, but Sai just put on a front of indifference. Those words were pretty harsh though, in my opinion. It could be because I find Sai to be an interesting character though, since others probably shared Naruto's feelings on the matter rather than my own.

Hehe, it was pretty funny when Sai said that he'd hit him, if Naruto didn't stop staring at him.:p For some reason I just found that to be funny.XD

3. batanga 6 1 15-45 300

Naruto´s gonna get seriously pissed at himself when Sai's past is revealed.

He´s pretty Narutoish; putting on a fake smile etc.

4. Gunners .

I thought that was kind of harsh, after a while being around him would make you realise something with him is not to right.

He out right calls him a seat warmed, deep down Sai probably wants to be accepted by naruto team and he tells him he isnt a part of it.

He even partially admitted why he smiled aswell.

5. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

It was almost like Naruto had forgotten about himself from Part 1. He knows nothing about Sai though, but... I don't think he's ever insulted someone in this way before... of course, I don't think anyone's actually pissed him off as much in Part 1 either.:p

Gunners, you forgot to put in "Yeah, I noticed that too.":p

6. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I noticed that too. Sai listened intently, and heard each and every word.

I agree with batanga, he put on a very "Don't worry, it's nothing"-grin like Naruto. Though that look of indifference can be very effective, too.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  7. CooLMooCoW Live and Let Live

It's a pretty unique twist to have Naruto shout the words to Sai that he himself would have hated to hear. This could just be a way of showing that he has a particular blindspot when it comes to Sasuke, and that it can even override his usual ability of sympathizing with other's situations.

8. Crush! Banned

Naruto's just telling the truth. No need to fault him for that. Everyone knows it.

9. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Not really. He was throwing out his words without any regard for the possible effects that they may have on Sai. It's understandable since he was perturbed, but he still managed to hurt Sai with his words, which seem to do more damage to Sai than anything physical would.

10. Crush! Banned

11. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Like I said in my earlier post, some people probably won't share my feelings in this regard.

12. JABU BBOY#4 Noob

This is my 1st post, so don't bite my head off. PLEASE!
    It is interesting how much SAI and Naruto may have in common. They both don't have family. You see from the last chapter that Sai seems to think about something, until the ANBU dude tells him hes nothing but a weapon. We don't know about Sai's past, but it seems he's the kind of weapon that naruto was supposed to had been, only without the Kyubi. Could that be why the old guy is so mad with the Hokages. Remember what Chiyo said about the Bijuu. They were meant to be weapons, But the 3rd Hokage would not allow him to use Naruto. Something to think about, ain't it?

13. mistergin Less Talk, More Stab!

Naruto eats humble pie by the dozen, wouldn't be anything new, but would make for good plot..

14. Christen Itachi's trouble

Well, Naruto has grounds for being pissed at Sai. Sai did nothing but bashing at the whole team since the start. Although I admit that Naruto has also pretty harsh at those words since he knew nothing about Sai. But this also brings an explanation to his comment. Naruto said Sai is only a "replacement" and he said this out of annoyance and not really to harm Sai's feelings. And Sai is trying hard to be Sasuke (badly).

The bottom right pic of Sai in page 6 indicates a pissed-off smile.

Although Sai went overboard in insulting Sasuke. He already knew how important Sasuke is to these two people.

We still don't know how Sai's past is. Remember that many of us hated Gaara in the beginning. Who knows? Maybe Sai would be one of those troubled children Kishimoto had in his orphanage.

15. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

I didn't hate Gaara...:sad I was just afraid for his opponents since they would likely be killed by him.:sweatdrop I thought Lee was going to be killed by him when he went down there to fight against him.:p

16. Dyroness x

I was like "ow, Naruto, that was a bad one"

But mostly because It's coming from Naruto.

17. Christen Itachi's trouble

I'm sure there people who hated him at first.

18. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I do, to a certain extent. Naruto threw his words out there disregarding the thought of any possible consequences of his words.

It does make me pity Sai, slightly.

19. metalanime I like Tits

I dont know why sai gets sympathy, but I dont think naruto said it unaware or sais feelings, he said it cause thats how he feels, and really doesnt give a shit, cause sai started things on the wrong foot in the first place. If someone comes off on you the way sai made his impression on naruto, pretty much anyone would be like, "fuck that guy." which is how naruto is acting. Dont really see how I would feel sorry for him.

20. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

It just makes me feel for him since he's being ostracized and hated by people whom he should be closer to... and he just has to play it off because there's no other way for him to deal with it... besides insulting them back.:p I think that was the only point in the Naruto series that I've REALLY felt and thought that Naruto's said something extremely dumb, stupid, or insensitive. Still, as I said earlier, Sai was ticking him off.

21. Ruri always the hours

I felt sorry for Sai in that scene too. As mean as Sai's been to Team 7, I can't help but feel bad for him being dismissed so completely by Naruto. Naruto spoke rashly, but he does have a reason to hate Sai. Still, it was ironic to hear Naruto, the former outcast, give someone else the same treatment.

22. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

*nods in agreement* Very ironic. Which is probably why it's having such an effect on some of us. Although you'd expect someone who's gone through the same sort of hate and ostracization to watch his words more carefully... they do slip up at times and end up saying something hypocritical.

23. mayumi Well-Known Member

actually we have no reason to believe sai so far. especially sakura who just heard that sai works under anbu root division head by danzou. i think sai might be an awesome guy but until i know more about him, i just can't trust him.

naruto calling sai a replacement was bad but then again sai was the one who attacked naruto back few chapters ago and said something along the lines of how he didn't know naruto was so weak that he always needed back up or something. sai probably just doesn't know how to deal with people and probably didn't even work in a team before maybe. also, we have to remember that sai's mission(for danzou, he said until the mission is complete, your name will be sai), who knows how long sai will stick around in the new team.
    ________
    Om611 engine

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  24. Kashama Sasori Of the Red sand

I actually like sai, he's pretty cool. He seems kind of emo on the inside though.. Only thing i dislike is that art jutsu:mad

25. Asherah イタチ♥サスケ

Very well put. I agree with this completely. It doesn't make me dislike Naruto or anything, and I think this could be an important point. It's veeery hard to come up with assessments of Sai's personality right now, and this is just messing up that whole idea of him being emotionless. I'm sure he has emotions. I don't see how someone without feelings could know exactly how to hurt people with words so much. There's nothing worse or more provoking that he could have said about Sasuke to Naruto and Sakura. Coupled with the expressions in this chapter, I'm really not buying the emotionless deal at all.

26. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

I don't buy the emotionlessness either ... he's actually just extremely numb, with suppressed emotions/innapropriate emotions he's trained himself to have as part of "roots".

27. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

naruto, proplay wil re-think is words. remeber how he yelled at the small kid in the zabuza arc. Sai wil gain naruto's trust

28. sasuki-chan Well-Known Member

I think that naruto was really harsh in that scene. Ok it's tru that sai provoked him but Naruto didn't have to be so rude. He has the right to believe it but he could use another way of saying what he said. I prefer to be called weak rather than replacement,bastard,....
    Sai must have been a bit hurt (maybe even more than I think)

29. RodMack Spiral Arrow

Naruto obviously doesn't want anyone to replace Sasuke as the other person in the team.

30. DragonSlayer Active Member

It's funny how Naruto, the ultimate nice guy of the story, said something like that. I didn't see it happening. But it makes things all the more interesting.