1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[286] Sai?s view on Sasuke?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Darth Judicar, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Sai stated that Sasuke was a weakling that went to see Orochimaru for greater power. Do you really think someone like Sai views Sasuke like this or was this yet another remark to make Sakura and Naruto mad? I figured he just wanted to insult them both again, plus deface Sasuke, their former teammate to really get them angered?.

Tags:
  2. hatsuka Jailbait Anonymous

I think that Sai was right about Sasuke. He was weak, so he ran to go get power. I don't think we can call Sai an ass for merely stating the truth. If anything, Naruto and Sakura are still clinging onto the idea that Sasuke is a good guy, which HE IS NOT.

3. Woofie Coordinator

I seriously doubt it's what Sai thinks himself. It was probably either:

1) An opinion given to him by someone like Danzou. Sai doesn't seem to have feelings of his own... or rather, he certainly doesn't show them to others like that. It's possible that he's just repeating stuff he's heard his superior(s) say.

2) It was said purely to infuriate Sakura and Naruto. It does seem like he's been actively trying to do this for some reason, and insulting Sasuke is the perfect way to do so.

Personally, I don't think Danzou would diaspprove of Sasuke (or Oro, for that matter), so I doubt it's an opinion Sai picked up in that way... therefore, I'm going with number (2).

Sai probably couldn't care less about Sasuke himself... it's impossible to know for sure until his deeper personality and feelings are revealed, but it's safe to say that Sai would not express his true feelings yet. :)

4. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Why not?
    As far as we know, Danzou seems to be very faithfull to Konoha, just more aggressive in his approach. As far as he is concerned, Sasuke is a traitor and all traitors need to be killed.
    As for Orochimaru, the guy was killing people in his own village. How would Danzou have approved of that?? As a matter of fact, he might even have chided Sandaime in having let Oro go, instead of killing him.

5. Gunners .

Yeh he probably doesnt like him.

I start to feel sorry for him now, it's like nothing natural for him, in the book it says smile in these situations, he just doesnt know about life.

6. Crowe inactive - most of the time

He is one of the roots, wouldnt be surprising if he saw Sasuke as a traitor.

7. dylec .

Yeah, Sai is correct stating the 'truth' & get hit for it, but he's not stupid. Sai is more than we know at the moment.
    Heh, I do not like the 'Sasuke is bad' war, so I'll keep it short. I think you are a bit too pessimistic about Sasuke. :amuse

8. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

Personally, I think that Sai is doing great with the shock therapy with Naruto and Sakura, they need it so much. Go, Sai, GO!
    But, on the other hand, I definitely don't believe Sasuke's a weakling. Exactly the opposite, he does whatever he has to do achieve his goals. For a animated character, I admire him.

9. Chi Technical knockout

Well... Sai isn't very bad..
    The way i see it, he just can't normally communicate with people, but actually want to have some friends. It's just forbidden. He carries his old photo with him after all..

And the way he sees Sasuke.. You know.. Sasuke had some friends. REAL friends who would do anything for him.. And he kinda betrayed them.
    Sai, who is maybe can't get friends is now kinda hating Sasuke who left them just like that. He also sees that Team 7 doesn't like him, but they still like Sasuke who betrayed them..

He's saying: "Why not me? Why Sasuke? He betrayed you, but i'm here, and i desperetely need some friends!"...

It's all my opinion of course..

10. Noex Member No. 4154

Well i think that Sai dont "think" emotions for himself somone liek Danzou must ahev told him to think that or something its ahrd to explain but since Danzou already knew that he would be in the Team kakashi then he must have told him to say that to get them angry etc etc

11. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

In Sasuke's case, friends were a liability. He did them a favour when he left. We already know what Itachi is capable of. I wonder if actually someone thought that he might just as well kill them if Sasuke becomes close enough to them. And Sasuke's smart, he can't not have thought of that.

Sai... well, we don't know much about him yet, but I already like him.

12. Woozie Active Member

Well Sai was trained by an obvious war hawk, so they have probably taught him that if one leaves his village for power, he's to be considered a traitor and only trash.

Although it was probably to piss off Naruto and Sakura too. But I wouldn't say it's only that.

13. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Sai was 100% right about Sasuke from a logical POV, he pretty much nailed him. But he was talking to the wrong people - thats the difference between a logical and a faith oriented outlook, Naruto and Sakura still have faith in Sasuke because they are his friends, whereas Sai is judging him purely from a strict "by the book" shinobi POV.

14. Duality Timediver

Agreed.I was from the minority of ppl(as it seems)that actually find the fact that Sakura punched Sai for calling Sasuke a traitor totally wrong.She should just bitch at him that he is wrong about Sasuke or whatever.
    Punching him was not appropriate since he only stated the truth and nothing else 100% statements was Sai's words towards them plus she doesn't have the right considering how little she knows him...I even like Sasuke more than Sai myself but lets be honest!

15. sayam lurker

sai is with the root and root are all like we'd do anything for konoha, and "if someone even speaks bad of it we will crush him into oblivion".
    so of course he hates sasuke or at least his superiors and those who are allowed to have feelings said to him that sasuke is a bad person.

16. kishinojutsu Member

in this chapter i feel really sorry for sai in an emotional side. so far he doesn't have have friends and while trying to get some, he was deceived.

17. Splintered Active Member

No, I don't think he does think to intentionally get on people's bad sides. I don't think he even cares if he is liked or disliked. The boy, as much as I love him, is a social retard and has no tact. He stated the obvious, and more than likely, what most people thought. Had Sasuke been anyone else he would have been a missing nin and therefore, killed. And I guess he didn't see the punch coming because he can't read emotions to well. I mean, if your going to insult someone's that really important to someone, of course your going to get smacked.

18. Red Viking Northern Skald

I totally respect Sai now for having the guts to say what needed to be said. Sasuke is a traitor and I'm worried over how Naruto and Sakura still view him.

Naruto didn't win against Sasuke because he didn't go all out due to friendship while Sasuke tried to kill him. (Course he didn't but that's another argument) When next we meet Sasuke, there's not going to just chat over old times. There is going to be a major fight and with the way things are right now, I think Sai's the only one of the three who actually stands a chance against him simply because he's in the right mindset. Sasuke initially may not be as forgiving as he was with Naruto.

But, of course, this is anime which means that real life consequences don't apply the same way they do in real life, no matter how screwed up the situation is. :notrust

However, if Kishimoto is doing this only to set up a great emotional fallout, then props to him.

19. Noex Member No. 4154

But as someone said Sai was trained by a war Hawk, taunting somone is in their nature hahahahah but still Sasuke choose the easy way to get power, so its a 50/50 right question/statement, he is not SUPER evil as Itachi/Oro but he doesn´t follow the Book.

20. Red Viking Northern Skald

Sai being a War Hawk doesn't change the fact that he's absolutely right. (Or, at least, he SHOULD be)

21. Noex Member No. 4154

Well i didn?t say that did i hahaha i said that its natural for him to taunt his enemies/shinobies, its easier to fight someone who is toooo angry and emotioness, thye intend to make more mistakes and dont care and then they get smoked hahaha.

22. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

god...do people like you still exist?

23. Crush! Banned

When I read that line, I was sure some people in this forum would be happy. Sai must've gained a large amount of the anti-Sasuke loser fanboy fanbase with that statement.

24. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I find it funny because Sasuke-tards loved Sai for disrespecting Naruto, but now that he has disrespected Sasuke its all changed. Bitter-sweet, isn't it?

25. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Exactly. The one they "hated" with such a passion not long ago is suddenly not so bad anymore for them:laugh

I am really beggining to believe that Kishimoto takes his inspiration from fanboys!
    Because this sentence was exactly what the Narutards keep saying.
    The discussion about who is cooler also looked a lot like a fan discussion.
    Just like when we saw Gaara's fangirls and he said to Naruto that his title is what makes him smexy.

And contrary to Narutards I don't change my mind about a character for such a petty reason. Sai brings a lot of appreciated comedy relief.
    And his "opinion" (if he really has one on this matter) is logical as he is supposed to be emotionless and doesn't even know Sasuke.

26. Noex Member No. 4154

Well Sai is cool for his statemenst he says what is on his mind and thast cool, and while he does that he smiles so he is serious but grin as hell hahahahah sooo funny but if he says soemthing about kakashi ill smoke him hahahaha j/k j/k hahaha

27. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

This and that post of yours goes both ways, buddy.

Kind of ridiculous to go on a Naru-tard rant when, not too long ago, Sasuke-tards/fanboys loved Sai for what he did to Naruto. Sasuke-tards rode that "dickless" comment out until it wasn't funny anymore. It's funny because Sai took their- the Sasuke-tards' - ammo away. Sasuke-tards are in the same boat now and they don't like it.

28. Mibu Clan Chibi Mibu

Sais view on Sasuke is true.

29. Khanaris For the Greater Good.

I think it was actually a very good thing for Kishimoto to do. When it comes right down to it, Sasuke is a traitor, and can be a little cowardly when he lets his doubts about his path get to him, but that is why he is such an interesting character. By using Naruto and Sakura to defend him against an outsider, Kishimoto can make the readers like Sasuke more in spite of his faults (as we are meant to identify with the protagonists, and tend to follow them unconsciously). Since Sai was obviously introduced (at least for the time being) as a replacement for Sasuke's role in the character development of the story, having him criticize Sasuke only makes Sasuke cooler when he actually does show up again.

30. sperish so?

I like Sai, and I like Sasuke...but I'm a little disappointed that both Sakura and Naruto got so offended by what he said. Yeah so maybe he could've worded it differently but it's the truth...dammit. The way I see it is that Naruto hurt Sai's feelings...so he defended himself by 'badmouthing' Sasuke. Nikoniko-Sai just makes me think that he's hurting inside ;_; Haha, poor loner. I feel so sorry for him now.