1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

[286] Setup/Foreshadowing for a huge kick in the face???

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gyroscope, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Yea, its cool seeing Naruto and Sakura as the biggest Sasuke fangirls in Naruto-verse and all.
    Its even better when i think about all the pro Sakura, pro Naruto & Anti-Sasuke people having their favorite characters hail the one they hate the most :tem
    I mean, Sakura went so far as to stop Naruto just so she could punch the guy that insulted Sasuke (Naruto would have probably killed Sai or something). And I really loved seeing Sai take one.

But wait, whats with all this Sasuke love going on right now. He was barely mentioned in the previous arc, and he was just being called cool and whatnot in 2 chapters.

Either -
    1.) Sasuke fans in Japan are getting impatient (and there are a LOT of them) and this is Kishi's way of keeping Sasuke in the subject. Maybe as a consolation cos he doesnt want to deviate from his plan of re-introducing him at a later point.
    OR
    2.) This is just a setup for Sasuke to really really hurt Sakura and Naruto when he comes back later (emotionally). Here we have the two still thinking that Sasuke is the be all and end all among their peers, only to have him come back and completely change their minds, by doing something they never would have expected him to do ie killing a Konoha Ninja (which is probably where Sai or Yamato come in), and this would really make them rethink their opinions about him and if they really want to save him and bring him home.

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. batanga 6 1 15-45 300

I especially like #2. It´d really heat things up.

3. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

#2 happening would be awesome, I'd love to see him betray them again.

4. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

I am sincerely hoping that Sasuke will do something like this, because, to be honest, I really despise all that righteous "We'll save Sasuke(-kun)!" that Naruto and Sakura spout all the time. It's high time for the two of them to understand that Sasuke has made his choices, and if they really were his friends like they claim they would respect that. </sasuke-fan rant>

5. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Indeed, respect it, and then beat the holy hell out of him for signing up with Orochimaru, whose single goal in life it to destroy Konoha and kill every single person they hold dear.

Seriously, Sasuke is very lucky to have such good friends. He basically turned his back on them, and left most of his other Konoha shinobi to die to the sound 4 had the Konoha medics and Sand gennin not shown up. He betrayed his village, and he prioritized his revenge over Konoha's safety, handing the ultimate bloodline over to Orochimaru in exchange for an increased possibility of obtaining his revenge.

Hes was selfish through and through. Yes, he has been manipulated by Itachi and Orochimaru heavily, theres no doubt about that, he is a product of his environment, but that doesn't mean his faults dont run any less deeply.

6. maya_slash Itachi are belong to me.

Yes, but in such a case though should stop calling themselves his friends. After all, it's obvious he's cut all ties with Konoha, not understanding that is quite pathetic.

I don't mind a badass fight between the three of them. Sasuke should have made progress by now as well, so it'd be quite interesting. And finally maybe Naruto and Sakura will be able to figure out that he doesn't WANT to come back and he doesn't need saving.

7. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Indeed. I think when Sasuke comes back, its going to be a harsh lesson to Sakura and Naruto being so naive in thinking they can bring him back to Konoha. Hes going to be evil by this point, through and through. He cut those bonds two and a half years ago, and hes been under a sadist like Orochimaru for nearly three times as long as he was with team 7 in the first place.

But you have to remember, they are still kids basically. Its going to be a harsh lesson in reality, and its going to echo what Jairaya told Naruto pretimeskip about giving up on Sasuke. There's going to be a big throw down between them for certain, and Sasuke will probably abuse the trust they still have in him.

Its the lesson Kakashi was worrying about in Suna. He was thinking that if Naruto isnt careful, he could get himself killed. Sasuke is thier enemy now most likely, and when they meet him again it could most likely a battle to the death as enemies.

I do think eventually Sasuke will make amends somehow, but its going to be a roller coaster. Its obviously not going to be 1/10th as easy as Sakura and Naruto seem to be hoping it will be.

8. lifelessdeath Member

i would love for #2 to happen. and i think it would be sai who he would probably battle/kill.

9. Splintered Active Member

I choose a kick in the face for Sakura and Naruto. I think Naruto is expecting a fight from Sasuke, but for Sakura... I don't know. She's never fought with him, never sad a bad thing about him, never fought him, and she never saw him trully at his worst. She has no idea what to expect. I think in her mind she has a romanticized (not romantic per say) view of what happened and what will happen.

But Sasuke spent two years with Orochimaru. Orochimaru is the only person that can rival Naruto into changing/manipulating people. I can only imagine what he'll be like.

10. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    i wonder who Sasuke will try to strangle with his new tongue first?

11. dhJackBurton It's NERV or nuth'n!

That pretty much sums up Sasuke. He chose his path to get revenge and to hell with everyone who may slow down his progress. I also think that Naruto and Sakura will get a rude awakening when they realize how little Sasuke cares about them. Sasuke is going to take every shortcut he can to become more powerful that Itachi no matter what the cost is, including his body/soul. There is absolutely no reason why Kishimoto would have given Orochimaru's latest vessel one wish and state that the host's strong intentions will remain in Orochimarus subconcious (Ch. 199 p. 15-16) unless Kishimoto intends to have Orochimaru take over Sasuke's body.

12. spirit3d New Member

It's kinda funny, seeing that Naruto and Sakura are portrayed to be all grown up and mature after the timeskip, but Kishimoto continues to give them such childishness in thier thinking that Sasuke will be easy to bring back.

I still have high hopes for Humane!Sasuke! yet, and although he might be evil to the core now, maybe in these current "bridge" chapters a reunion between the 3 will rekindle a bit of the old, cocky but kind-hearted Sasuke... but I seriously doubt that they can bring him back to Konoha so soon and Naruto and Sakura will just have to be dissapointed again this time.

13. Crush! Banned

LOl, I like all the "They need to learn a harsh lesson and reality" crap going around. Oh please. These last few chapters have basically cemented that Sasuke will be saved by Naruto and Sakura and see the light again. Kishimoto is not a writing genius. He basically puts all his plotlines right out there, and the fact that he emphasizes the "save Sasuke" plot so much now (to the point of overkill) even above the "Naruto must become Hokage" plot means that is what he is focusing on now.

This is a children's story. There are no harsh real-life wake-up calls that will be realized here.

14. mayumi Well-Known Member

definetely option #2.sai's behavior is still kinda hard to tell at the moment, we can't really trust the guy and we know nothing about him but he expressed his view about sasuke and naruto and sakura did not like it much.
    its the same with tsunade actually, she thinks sasuke should be rescued and wants to send sakura and naruto out to get him at the risk of naruto who the akatsuki might target in their mission.
    what is sai's objective, kill naruto and sasuke? protect naruto kill sasuke? and offer from danzou to orochimaru and sasuke since he opposes to tsunade/hates sandaime/shodai etc? a team up against akatsuki with the sound?

it will interesting to see sai insult sasuke right in his face when they meet. call him a weakling, run off to oro for power after sasuke rudely insults naruto and sakura and they have to wake up to see that sasuke isn't the same person as two and half years ago.

sai: "oh the traitor of konoha, from that great, fearful uchiha clan, don't know how stong that clan was, afterall they all died at the hands of a mere teenager!"
    sasuke:"bastard! what do u know about me? waaaaaaaaaaah, die"
    sai: "u are a pussy who ran off to oro for power, thats all i need to know!"

i think sai and sasuke meeting will be lol comedy. lets see who tops of each others insults and foul mouth arogant attitude.
    ________
    Yamaha Bruin 350 History

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  15. Omolara Sasuke Defender

I think that instead of simply having Sasuke open their eyes to the harsh realities of life, Sasuke himself won't know where he stands. Yes, he tried his best to sever all of those precious bonds 3 years ago, but he also left a few strands of hope in his wake.

With Sakura he left her not with words of malice, but of gratitude. Gratitude for being there him, caring, and trying to stop him. He still made his decision to leave, but that had been decided long ago.

With Naruto, he chose not to kill him in the end. He knew that Naruto was alive and chose to keep walking. Saying that Sasuke doesn't know that Naruto lived makes no sense. I mean, you'd think he of all people would know what a person looks like when they're good and dead. His vow to find power without following Itachi's footsteps pretty much cements that he will not come back completely turned.

If anything, Sasuke will be even more mentally unstable rather than evil through and through.

However, I do agree that a major fight is on the horizon. Sasuke will be confused, but he'll try to fight past it and keep to path he's on. He's not a very flexible person. His heart will keep him from carrying through and then we'll get a nice long soliloquy on why Sasuke cannot kill Naruto or his heart. He still won't completely understand how far and why they'll go on fighting for him.

16. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Actually, them learning the harsh lesson would work with the 'darker Part-2' theme he is going for.
    Sasuke is the only character with an entire part of the plot dedicated solely to him afterall. So it wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt as straightforward as you make it out to be.

17. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Sai would bite the dust before finishing his sentence.

You mean "darker" like "popular characters dying and being resurrected?":p

18. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

I vote for kick in the face. Looking at the mission logically, it makes very little sense for them to run into Sasuke, but plotwise he's due for an appearance. There needs to be some sort of big twist waiting for them at the bridge. It's too early for Akatsuki to make another attack on Naruto, so the ambush could actually be Sasuke and his new lackeys (possibly including Kabuto) waiting to get Sasori. They could have either tailed the spy or Kabuto could actually be the spy but really still loyal to Orochimaru. And who are Naruto and Sakura traveling with? Sasuke Mk. II and Captain Expendable, the latter of whom will definitely be around for only this mission. Sasuke ought to be very nasty and will probably be out to kill them in order to deprive Itachi of access to the Kyuubi, though he'll try to avoid murdering Naruto and Sakura personally. Also there's Sai's secret mission, which could be the assassination of Naruto, so altogether prospects of success do not look good. If Sasuke kills Yamato, I could definitely see Sakura turning against him and Naruto losing hope, though not completely. If Sasuke gets away, there will probably be some new lead like Sasuke and co. coming to infiltrate the Chuunin Exam for some nefarious purpose like stealing the Byakugan for Hidden Cloud or something (oooh, Rescue Hinata arc!).

19. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Naruto and Sakura just can't take a hint.

Hey Naruto Sasuke tried to KILL YOU....God.

20. r_aussie Member

Probably Sasuke would kill Sai and thus making Naruto and Sakura feeling bad for hating Sai... I dunno...

Seeing how Kishi made Sai so hateable I suspect that he plan to turn our feeling 180 degree, the way he made us think about Gaara. And I guess having Sasuke killing Sai would serve the two purpose - make Naruto and Sakura realize that Sasuke is on the other side, and make us sympathize Sai more... maybe he has some hidden agenda that was not that bad at all...

21. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Yamato will kick the bucket, but I still have doubts regarding Sai.
    An androgyn thrust by chidori...Doesn't it ring a bell?

22. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

I think if Sasuke were to betray them, it'd probably make me hate him even more then Sai at the moment. I know that he won't be good when they find him, but I sure hope later on he changes his mind, so I can stop hating him so much.

23. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Most people who "hate" Sasuke have done so since the very beginning. Nothing will ever make them change their opinion.

24. dhJackBurton It's NERV or nuth'n!

Yeah, I could definately see Kishimoto trying to pull a Gaara, but I don't think it would work. First we had Sasuke being a general douche to everyone and then we find out it is because his entire clan was whiped out. That changed peoples views of Sasuke (at least for a time) because people could sympathize. Gaara was just a bastard and not very likeable (unless you like mineless killing), and then Kishimoto revealed that he is a superweapon created by he father, tore his mother appart at birth, had countless assination attempts on him by his father and the only other person he cared about, and is generally emotionally fuggled up. Now everyone can sympathize with him.

How much more of a f'ed up past could Sai have? It has to be more dramatic than Gaara or else it would be weak and the fans would hate it. Any thoughts?

25. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

26. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

I want sasuke no more, just as "Orochimaru sama vessel for his ambitions"
    I want to see a powerful Orochimaru with Mangekyou sharingan, sasuke no more /period

27. sonnie_skies Braving the Rain

i want a wakeup call to them, but they aren't going to get it. i'd love to be proven wrong, but as this is a manga for children, kishi isn't going to be all "this is what reality is like."

i really like sakura and naruto, but they're making big assumptions as to their power. if sasuke could walk away from them once, even hurting them in the process, why would he be changed after all this time? it would be so beautifully tragic to see them realize that they can't do it, but i'm sure they will eventually in the end.

i bet sasuke will kill sai at some point, too. a gut feeling, as kishimoto doesn't so much foreshadow as he does PAINT A HUGE BLOODY BILLBOARD OF HIS PLOTLINE. i mean, gaara's resurrection, anyone?

random: yamato had better not kick the bucket.

28. mistergin Less Talk, More Stab!

The day Sasuke pulls anything but sarcastic is the day the shark's been jumped..

29. Nakor Active Member

how would sasuke kill sai to betray konoha and show naruto and sasuke that he is their enemy, when sai obviously is going to do something bad soon. like try to kill naruto or something. so it couldn't be sai.

i don't think sasuke would kill yamato either. at least i hope not, i like yamato. i can't see sasuke killing him either unless its when yamato has his back turned or is fighting someone else. sasuke wouldn't be that strong yet to be able to beat a high ranking anbu like yamato. to me yamato seems to have a certain aura about him that says he is badass and you shouldn't mess with him.

30. Kashama Sasori Of the Red sand

I completely agree that there is going to be a harsh wake up call for naruto and sasuke. someone who plunges a chidori aiming at that persons heart is NOT going to change. Maybe there will be some sort of last minute "i was wrong to do that" but there is no way Team 7 is going back to the way it was.

And am i the only person who thinks that sai may not actually be bad? maybe his mission from root was to protect the kyuubi container so that no harm befalls it. i mean, danzou likes war, and wants to support konoha, so he's gonna try and protect that container. This could also be as to why Sai initially attacked naruto, to see how much he had to protect him.
    Damn kishi and all of his traitor types (kabuto,oro,sasuke, other people who betrayed naruto even the ones who apologized afterwards) Making us think hard if people are actually good or if their bad >_<

Someone find me where it says the words that kishimoto summed up what was going to be in part 2.