1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[286] Yamato's Mokuton Hijutsu. Who is Yamato?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by shibigoku, Dec 1, 2005.

1. shibigoku

I'm sure the ones who said yamato was related to the 2nd, hence related to the 1st and Tsunade, must be happy now seeing that yamato can use the same type plant jutsu of the 1st.

Guess there's a high chance that you are right.

edit: I don't know what happened but someone change the thread title. I wanted to add the mokuton hitjutsu but I didn't know it's name. Thx for doing it for me.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Keyser S?ze

well, shodai used mokuton hijutsu didn't he? while yamato is using mokuton justus, maybe there is a difference.

3. Chi

Yeah.... It's obviously that Yamato is the ANBU guy who observed fight between Shodai and Sarutobi, and copied "Mokuton" jutsu with his Sharingan :)
    ~joking..

Things getting more and more interesting with every chapter..

4. Hef

Well... the way I see it, is that Mokuton ninjutsu is just like Katon ninjutsu. It's just that Mokuton means "wood release", whereas Katon means "fire release". :huh So there are different types of Mokuton ninjutsus, just as there are different types of Katons. :woo

I wouldn't mark my words though, that's just my take on the issue. :sweatdrop

5. Chi

Actually you are probably right.. If i remember correctly Shodai used something like:
    "Wood release. Birth of the trees". And Yamato used "Wood release. Wooden Prison". But from Sakura's comment (i wonder how he knows that) it seems that only person who could use "Wood Release" was Shodai..

6. MasamuneX7

7. Hef

Hmm. Sakura is the apprentice of the fifth Hokage, after all, and she did say she went through Tsunade's papers at some point. That's how she got her information on Itachi and Kyuubi. :amuse So it wouldn't surprise me if she did some investigation on the past Hokages as well.

But Sarutobi said the same thing as well, and that's what I'm wondering about. If even Sarutobi couldn't use Mokuton ninjutsu, then how can some (seemingly) random member from Anbu use them? :huh I really don't like the idea of Yamato being related to the first Hokages, but that could be one explanation. Or then Sarutobi didn't simply know about Yamato's jutsus, although that seems a bit weird since he was supposed to know every jutsu in Konoha. :oh

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :woo

8. Chi

How old is Yamato? Did he even was born in time when Shodai was fightining, or even was alive? Means that there is possibility that there is someone, who taught that jutsus to Ymato, means that there is another person to use "Mokuton"...

And Tsunade said, that Yamato "had good record" when Sarutobi was alive. Does that mean that Sarutobi didn't knew what jutsus his best ANBU guy uses?

It's silly, but only explanation that i have is that he is that ANBU guy who commented "SaruxOro" fight for us (he also have "cat mask", but a little different), and he either researched "mokuton" and created his own jutsus, or he really have a sharingan (means he's an Uchiha). He copied Shodai's "Birth of the trees", and by knowing how "mokuton" works created several jutsus (like "wooden prison").

9. dylec

I think Kishi is letting us see the different jutsu that might be too cool to leave off. So, he created a character with some skills of Shodaime, to amaze us & make it more interesting. Besides, this is a set up for the coming battle. Part 2 is good! :amuse

10. MasamuneX7

I doubt you could copy Mokuton jutsus just like that with the Sharingan. If only the Shodai was known to have used these, there must be something special to it: being able to convert chakra to a source of life, as the ANBU guys said when observing the Orochimaru vs. Sarutobi battle. I think Yamato is somehow related to the Shodai and Nidaime. The below could be a possibility:

Shodai Hokage --> Shodai's First Son/Daughter --> Tsunade
    Shodai Hokage --> Shodai's Second Son/Daughter --> Yamato's Father/Mother --> Yamato

He looks to be in his early 20s, so he probably has or had parents around Tsunade's age. If he were born around the time that either Shodai or Nidaime fought, he would be at least Tsunade's age.

11. d3vlabs

12. Hef

Not that we know of. It could be a secret clan jutsu, like the Yamanaka, Akimichi or Nara jutsus. :amuse But yeah, it's possible that it's a bloodline. It's a bit weird if it is, because then Tsunade should have it also and there's no indication of that. :huh

It seems that it's just a normal jutsu (type), though.

13. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico

14. ikra

15. Chi

Okey.. The real question is, why don't Tsunade knows "mokuton" then?
    She was in Sarutobi's team, so it's normal to teach "mokuton" to her..
    And if she knew, i'm sure that Sarutobi wouldn't said what he did in the fight against oro..

16. zounds-_

wouldn't make sense tbh, If he was related he would be much much older I bet.

17. Lafiel4

Damn crazy ninjas and their destruction of public property! If a group of ninjas get argumentative, BAM! ...Suddenly twenty square-feet of concrete sidewalk is demolished by tree roots. Sidewalk doesn't just fix itself!

Think of the normal people with carts or wagons who have to use that road later!!

18. shibigoku

OMG, this is HIGHLY possible. I'll rep you.

19. Terumaru

So "Yamato" and Tsunade are cousins then... Possibly "Yamato's" parents are younger then Tsunades? But she's like 50.. Shodai would have to have had kids 20-30 years apart.. did he even live that long?

20. TheoDerek

I really hope Yamato is related to Shodai. He was my favorite Hokage. This would make Yamato go up pretty high in my character ranking :p.

21. TenshiOni

Actually, while this definitly strengthens the whole "Yamato is related to the Shodai/Nidaime" camp, this also backs up my "Yamato is Tobi" theory.

Tobi hangs out with Zetsu, who's from Hidden Grass...Yamato uses wood jutsu, which is kinda branched off from grass jutsu...Yamato's hair is VERY similar to Tobi's....both him and Tobi wears masks....

[/more serious than joking now]

22. ShounenSuki

I think it's strange how Yamato used his technique, only to scare his team.
    He didn't actually say it was a Mokuton, but he should have known it was possible one of them would recognize it, since, according to the 2nd data book, there isn't a person in Konoha who doesn't know about it, because they're a legend among legends. If it is a Mokuton, that is.

By the way, the Shodai's Mokuton jutsu isn't a bloodline limit, it's a Hiden (secret) jutsu.

23. Negative-Ion

Fucking give me the pros that i deserve. I predicted this shit since chapter 284 hell yeah man. Yamato works!

I did say this

24. Kami-Sama

well sarutobi could've meant that the first was the only one that coudl use the birth of the trees, and not every wood release jutsu....

25. Kami-Sama

well sarutobi could've meant that the first was the only one that coudl use the birth of the trees, and not every wood release jutsu....

26. Kami-Sama

27. FitzChivalry

Now Sakura, who, no doubt read up on everything she could during the time-skip(the big Bookworm that she is), commented that this technique is only known by Shodai Hokage. This is backed up and proven by Sandaime's almost-identical comment and Shodai's Birth of Trees no jutsu.

So if you take all of that into account then how could Yamato know that technique? Who is he?

And also, what do you think of tree techniques in general? Personally, I find Yamato using Shodai Hokage's tree technique to be refreshing. We don't see tree jutsu very often, now, do we?:huh

28. Phenom

29. TheoDerek

I really liked Shodai, infact he was my favorite Hokage. The tree jutsu IMO is amazing. Also I think I will like Yamato a great deal more if he is related to First.

30. Mori`

yes i find it cool, its a rare jutsu type and he obviously has some cool tricks :)

Where Yamato could have learnt the jutsu is quite an intriguing, does he perhaps have some relation to the shodai, maybe he was the white robed anbu and worked things out from the hokage fight or maybe he's just got a talent in that area.

oh also did anyone else find sakura's knowledge of the jutsu impressive, she's always been bookish but to recognize that jutsu seems like something very few people would be able to do