1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

[288] Has Naruto's training paid off?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by tmmyc, Dec 16, 2005.

1. tmmyc on a Forums Break

It has been said before, and it is going to be said again. How strong has Naruto really gotten? Not much at all. After training with Jiraiya for so long, he is still getting schooled by someone like Sai. No wonder Sai does not think much of Naruto's dick.

Tags:
  2. Gunners .

Dig up throught the forum man, this was done.

Yeh his training has progressed, he was a bit rash that is all, all of you will be suprised when he shows of his full training.

3. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

Naruto is just holding back, he is a show off but he wont show off his newest best jutsus till the time is right.

4. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Hence the very first sentence of my post.

5. Gunners .

Ok sorry, insert image.

Yup his training has paid of, but he isnt going to go at yamato with the intent to kill/destroy and anahilate, it was just a spar. We didnt even see him use kyuubi chakra.

6. Dullahan Well-Known Member

Sai just proves more and more of an asshole with every chapter. He's very inconsiderate toward others and he even attacks his own teammate during a TEAMWORK training session.

As I said in Chapter 288 Disucssion, Sasuke was an ass also but atleast he wouldn't have ever at a comrad for tivial reason and leave him there.

Sai blindsided Naruto so ofcourse he would be caught-off guard by some who's suppose to be helping him.

7. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

His main problem is not strength or lack of jutsus, rather recklessness.
    Getting 10x stronger won't help him if he keeps this bad habit of rushing to the enemy without thinking.

8. tmmyc on a Forums Break

He tied down Naruto because Naruto lost his cool.
    Kakashi did the same by placing the seal on Two-Tailed Kyuubi's forehead.

Had Sai or Kakashi not controlled Naruto, the mission would have been a failure. Sai was able to tie down Yamato in the end. Why wasn't Naruto able to, being that he trained with Jiraiya for 2.5 years?

Giving Naruto such a reason makes him even weaker. Sai without the intent to kill/destroy was able to tie up Yamato with no problems. Actually, Sai's only problem was his own teammate, Naruto, whom he had to tie down. Everyone expected so much from Naruto after training with a Legendary Sannin, but has almost nothing to prove his improvement.

Actually, his lack of improvement is shown in that his tactics did not improve. He thought that if the Kage Bunshin + Henge tactic worked against Zabuza or Kiba, it would work against Yamato. How immature.

9. Gunners .

Sai wouldnt care if he killed yomato, naruto probably underestimated yomato, It is dumb to say naruto improvement hasnt improved.

The only reason naruto improvement hasnt been shown it to raise supsence, honestly everyone says naruto is a kids manga yet you fail to pick up on things like this.

If he became 10x stronger it wouldnt matter what he does or thinks, he would crush the enemy.

10. Neji48972 I do want a custom title

11. tmmyc on a Forums Break

1. Naruto probably underestimated Yamato.
    2. It is dumb to say Naruto has not improved.

If Naruto had improved, he wouldn't have underestimated Yamato, especially after seeing Yamato's ability to use Shodai's jutsus.

My argument is Naruto has not shown us much that proves his improvement.

If you are using the Plot Device explanation, then sorry, that is just sad.

12. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

The Kyuubi mode and tails grant him a lot of raw power. But there will always be opponents who can beat him with skills and intelligence.

13. Dullahan Well-Known Member

Had to tie down? When was this? Naruto was doing fine against Yamatoand had forced him to use a bunshin to avoid him. Instead trying to find him get with Naruto help he attack him with his jutsu and left him there. In a real fight people would called this betrayal. Sai catching Yamato himself wasn't the point of the mission, but get him together with Naruto.

If Naruto had pulled that trick against Sasuke or, Sakura Kakashi would have bash him in the head in.

Naruto has to be quite fine wih working with others, like did Sakura in Belrest #2 and the fight with Itachi.

14. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Sai ties Naruto (and dummy-Yamato) down: Page 11
    Explanation of why: Page 14

Hisshou Translation
    Sai: "If you hadn't let the Captain's taunting get to you, I could have hidden myself without being seen. But instead, you used the Kage Bunshin that had transformed into me to use your big jutsu, which gave everything away.

Trying to back up someone who's lost his cool isn't an ideal situation.
    I based my actions on what I felt was the best way to accomplish the mission."

If Sai helped Naruto, they would have lost against Yamato.
    By taking Naruto down, Sai saved Naruto from harm by getting him out of the way and completed the mission on his own.

15. Gunners .

^^^ equilibrium, sai is the ''worst trash'' that leaves an ally for dead.

Naruto has made progress, just look at the little scenes, at the end of the day i didnt see him using kyuubi chakra in yamato fight, he took it lightly, the fact he henged into sai to use his technique was smart, it just that yamato saw through it.

16. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Actually, since Naruto did not work WITH Sai, he ought to be sent back to the Academy, because that was what Kakashi was about to do in the beginning of the series when Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura did not work together.

Sai did not leave Naruto for dead. He saved Naruto from himself and from putting the mission at risk by tying him down.

17. Gunners .

His theory behind it ''no point i could have completed mission'' suggest he would do the same thing on the field, he is the ''worst trash''

Naruto on the other hand would have helped Sai, he has pride in that sense. Even sasuke had pride in that sense, sai is a prick in my books again.

18. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

There is already a thread like this and it probably has the exact same title. To say he got "schooled" by Sai - one who was said to be the "strongest of his generation" - is exaggerated a bit. Fooled yes, but not schooled.

19. AwakenedCloud Ninja of the Wind

Trust me, Naruto WON'T go all out until they meet Sasuke.

And to the above post, at the moment I don't even think a hokage could work with Sai, he's the most arrogant person in the series by far.

20. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Would Sai sacrifice an ally for the mission? A completely good GUESS would be yes, but has not been proven. Also, by default, Sasuke would be considered "worse than worst trash" for not only leaving his ally for dead, but almost directly killing him, as Sai loves to point out.

Naruto did not help Sai. He went on his own against Yamato and was saved by Sai. Sai might be a prick, but he has the dick to back it up.

I know there is another thread like this somewhere, hence the very first sentence of my post.

Schooled meaning Sai was able to tie down both an out of control teammate and Yamato to complete his mission, while Naruto failed completely in all areas.

21. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Sai didnt work with Naruto. Naruto was emphazing "ally" that entire chapter. He even commented Sai on it.

I dont see whats with everyone saying "Has Naruto's training paied off" every week. Seriously, why would Naruto go all out in a situation like this? What do you expect him to be? Elite Jounin level? Give him a break. Look at what Naruto just did. He just surprised and attack the anti-Kakashi. He is the best ANBU Konoha could offer and Naruto attacked him, touched him, surprised him, something that shouldnt have been done if he was low level or if his training hasnt improved. He's been using his Kage Bushin with so much skill that he did something like this. That is very good, esp for someone as highly rated and skilled as Yamato.

Sai specifically said
    If thats teamwork then I dont know what is. Naruto's teamwork isnt as bad as you claim it to be.

I think people need to shut the hell up about all these Naruto's training threads. No one will truly be satisfied until Naruto goes all out and shows what he can really do. He isnt being serious at all. Yamato even said Naruto wasnt serious. Until he goes all out, then you can make these threads about if his trainings paid off. Until then, dont make these threads and catch up on the clues that Kishimoto's left for us.

22. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Now, we know Naruto is not going to show how strong he got until he takes part in a really hard, dangerous, epic fight.

23. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Heh, that's all you really needed to say. I've been stressing it for weeks but alas, few will listen. Especially those against him.

24. tmmyc on a Forums Break

Naruto emphasized "ally" but his actions did not reflect that emphasis.

Sai's weakness is that he would do anything to accomplish a mission, even forego teamwork. But in the end, the mission is completed.

Naruto's weakness is his inability to keep his cool, and without the proper skill to back it up, always puts the mission at risk.

We already saw Naruto when he was serious, and it was doused by Kakashi's placing a sticker on his forehead.

25. Siddis Member

Naruto was doing fine against Yamato. So what if he used a replacment when Naruto got him. A lot of good ninjas has been tricked with it. Sure, using the Sai clone make a Rasengan gave him away, but his movments didn't stop until Sai decided to wrap his "ally" together with the "opponent". Naruto has improved and people who don't see it are closed-minded, and Sai is a person who dosen't give a damn about what happens to his team mates.

26. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

Been discussing this exact topic in the 288 discussion boards ... to check it out:) Link removed

27. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

He tried to work with Sai there. Even at the end of the chapter he said he will do anything including to work with Sai, a person he dislikes.

Sai has the same mentality as Gaiden Kakashi. We all know where that left him, with a team member killed. No mission is as important as risking the lives of other teammates, no mission at all. Naruto does have a problem with keeping his cool but it has improved since part 1. If Naruto was able to control his emotions then it would throw off his character. He's built around emotions. If he can control them then hes a different person so theres no need for him to change as drastically as people are expecting.

Naruto told Sai to untie him. Sai did not untie him thus eliminating the fact that Sai has a good idea of what a mission is. You can complete the mission but no matter what if you dont help a teammate you are risking something more valuable then the mission itself. Naruto's anger compared to a teammates life isnt enough.

28. Dullahan Well-Known Member

And? It's not like Naruto couldn't use another henge. Yamato dosen't have Sharingan you know. What makes you think that Yamato couldn't have saw right through that plan also?

Which means it was his opinion, there could have been other ways to deal with the stituation.

Considering that Sai eventually caught him, I that they would have lost against Yamato together. The training was to have Sai and Naruto catch Yamato and it failed to that. And what harm was coming toward Naruto that he himself couldn't see. This isn't like back in Konoha. Naruto saw Sai's jutsu but he didn't think that Sai would actually attack him in a teamwork mission.

29. Pro /(>

After 2.5 yrs of trainning he still uses kage bunshin to make one little rasengan is just dissapointing. The good thing about rasengan is you dont need to make hand seals, but with Naruto hes gotta make a bunshin then charge it up... that takes away the speedy aspect of rasengan which in my opinion downgraded the yondaime's jutsu.

30. Gunners .

Yeh coz in a real mission that real good, you complete the mission with the death of a comrade, you have to admit it, sai is trash, the point of having a team mate is to get you out situations naruto was in, there is no I in team.

Point is they were a team, members would do what they can to get another member out a situation, naruto accepted that Sai hasnt, he is just a dickless prick, he behaves like a female.

Im sorry because when naruto uses KB the jutsu isnt completed? The jutsu is hard to control, he has a hard to control chakra circulisation, he uses kb to use an A class jutsu, your point is?