1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[288] Raw's a joke.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by uchiha kakashi, Dec 16, 2005.

1. uchiha kakashi New Member

looking at the pictures makes me want to break kishimito
    why wait for 1 week to have a joke fight between new team7 fuck that.

Tags:
  2. Chi Technical knockout

Let's just wait for the translation. I 100% sure there is more to that fight then just a little filler.

Anyway. This fight developed a relationship between Team Kakashi members even more. So it's still good.

3. metronomy Active Member

Well, I personally think that the chapter seems fun.

4. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Take it easy, the story progresses way to fast atm imo, so chapters like these are highly appreciated by some of us.

5. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Every time I see the raw and think "Damn, the story hasn't progressed at all." I get the translation and go "OHHH... so that's why/how/where/when this was. That's extremely cool."

6. Nathan Lala Lamb

Oh boy! x.x It looks like Naruto got mad at Sai again for taking the scroll... bell...? Whatever it was. Nothing new to me. But before I make any assumptions I'll wait for a translation over at MangaHelpers.

7. Code Zoamelgustar

I always think the same thing. Just omit that last sentence. Maybe the occasional "Oh... they still like Sasuke and are looking for him!" then I realize I already knew that.

But this chapter wasn't so bad... at least we get to see a fight, rather not pointless talking that won't get anywhere.

8. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

i like the story telling how kishi does that. it seems a fun chapter. and i m wondering, why naruto was outclassed. He looks clumsy, compaired to sai.

9. Kibate Doesn't want a what?

i dont think that what it was

i guess they just had to capture yamato. But since sai stoped narutos movements with this snake jutsu, naruto didnt had a chance to help in the real battle. So naruto got mad at sai, because sai and sakura captured him alone

10. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

this chapter was alrite. surprise surprise naruto comes off as a chump. lol. when is that going to change damn it.

11. Crush! Banned

Dunno how much you people have to see before you realize that he just is a chump.

12. The_Leader Nope, not here!

I would prefer a nice long drawn out story than something rushed.

Thank you very much.

13. Leen Peacemaker

This chapter is not bad. At least we see some actions and also humour. That's pretty good already.

Be patient, Kishi is saving the best for the last.

14. Splintered Active Member

Somebody forgot to take their medication this morning.

It wasn't too bad. I am missing the plot but a lot of this is buildup to the actual plot. And characterization/explanation. It will make the more fast paced parts of the manga go much smoother.

15. whitecrowz Densetsu no

it's a not a bad chapter, we get to see some teamwork between naruto and sai on p.8, and yamato pulls out a nice trick on p.11 :)

16. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

givin that we have to wait another week this chapter was just mediocre. kishi could have given us a little more, however, i'll have to wiat until the translation to have a final judgement.

17. hakke Bird in a cage...

always happens at one point... people calling plot/character development a joke... KnK got it rite, it does seems like nothing happened without a translation... but that's what I like about Naruto, its the plot that drives the story and not the action fights or the power levels.

Example... I wish the defeat of Gaara had more development before it happened and I dont mean the fight, I mean dealing wiht Gaara being kazekage and caring for his people(I pray this is done in anime), but I guess that time Kishi opted to go for the bang when part 2 started.

18. ~Siggy~ I'll follow you, you follow me

I think I am finally starting to see it, actually. Naruto is beginning to look like a fool in my book but who knows *shrugs*

19. Duality Timediver

Actually in Naruto the fights are driving the story.Its pretty evident by the fact that we've seen nice 10 chapter long fight from main character other than the protagonist.We've also seen enough powerlving in Naruto already lets not fool ourselves.

Considering the 'chapter is a joke matter'.Its not joke.Iam k with what I saw personally.The problem is that that little things are happening.I mean in the previous chapter we saw a nice 8-page talk of Sai with Sakura for a purpose that in any other manga wouldn't take more than a panel.Naruto is not the same in quality with the start obviously so ppl used to One Piece quality chapters better wait for volume to read or read another manga.Waiting a week to get irritated from it isn't wise nor recomended.

20. Bukkage Member

Well so far the chapter seems pointless its not like naruto liked sai anymore. Kishi continues to show naruto in a dull light and frankly Im getting bored of this so I suggest people read the beserk manga when it comes out :) .

21. mayumi Well-Known Member

Go

actually according to the translation i loved it when naruto said, he would even work together with sai whom he obviously hates to get back sasuke this friend. so afterall naruto is putting the mission before his own dislike for sai. a mature naruto. :)
    ________

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  22. Ardor The S rank assasin.

it's not soo bad. granted im getting a little tiered of the current arc already. i wish that he would quit stalling for time with these unimportant events. but this chapter, after reading the translation, we see that
    Spoiler:
    they finally decided to quit all the bickering so that the plot can finally move forward.
    I don't know why kishimoto decided to spend an entire chapter on that only to end up stateing something we already know but but at least the event i put in spoilers has happened. and we got a little bit of character development beyond the usual, "well i hate you and want to rescue sasuke!" crap that we've been getting a lot of lately. of course the development was a little bit hidden when
    Spoiler:
    at the end we see a small amount of emotion in sai beyond what we saw when he was looking at the picture of the boy. we got to see that his whole thing about not having emotions is not him stateing a fact but rather seeing that he is in denial.
    this isnt exactly spelled out but read the last two or three chapters and you'll see it too.

23. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Naruto is determined, indeed. But the chapter also proved once again that his recklessness threatens any mission he participates in.
    What would happen if the spy provoked Naruto? He would get mad at him and attack him at full power without even thinking of the consequences.
    Remember what Yamato said:

24. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

I could see how this would frustrate those who just want blooshed...But Kishimoto is building the relationship between Naruto and Sai as well as the new team 7. All of this is required for the plots sake.

Sure they could of started some massive fight in 282, but Kishimoto actually does care about the plot.

The previous Akatsuki arc was very action orientated. It started off with large battles and ended with a rather lengthy fight. This arc seems to be taking its time and will end in a large fight similar to what was done in the Tsunade arc I think.

25. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

naruto is suppose to look weak now, i mean, it's been done over and over, later on he's obviously going to show us he's got skills greater than sai's and sai will start to "feel" things. as mega stated, kishi is building up the plot.

26. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Exactly. I think the same thing.

@Original Post: Kishimoto doesn't do "fillers". All his chapters show us something and help progress the story. Cause you know...there is a thing called character development. ^_^

27. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

Great character development, but they really need to get going. I'm always expecting something great out of the next chapter, only to be let down time and time again. The best chapters of Part 2 were by far the Chiyo + Sakura vs. Sasori fight in my opinion.

It doesn't help that Kishimoto went from 19 pages per chapter down to 17 pages per chapter either.

28. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

1. Yeah, they could get moving. I just think Kishimoto is trying to re-establish the traditional team dynamic from the start of the manga. Once that's out of the way, we'll see more CD brought on by fighting.

2. Agreed.

3. I know... What's up with that? Maybe he's setting up for a double chapter?

29. Gallic Rush Why not?

Holy shit, man! You're right! You should get a refund right away!

30. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

Holy shit, the water here tastes bad, but I shouldn't complain about it because it's free!