1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

291 Spoilers/ Discussion

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by HHellenn, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Yak banned

Oh, that. Yeah. He does that all the time, doesn't he. :/

2. Blade row row fight the power™

3. Yak banned

Just found the perfect analogy for Merlin's performance in this chapter

4. Dayscanor The One

Well it's not really that I wanted to get caught up in those arguments but you remember how MH was/is...

Especially that chapter before Escanor vs Estarossa, the site just exploded with arguments about who should win.

5. Yak banned

I only ever go there anymore to grap the spoilers haha.

Fuck 'em. :LOS

6. Dayscanor The One

Indeed.:tomato

7. nyugimon The man who defeated SSB Vegito.

so cucksack got cucked again, no surprise there :/.

the only thing worse than seeing merlin godstomping everyone is going to other manga discussion sites and knowing that half the fanbase is desperately trying to justify this :psyduck.

i saw a comment that said it might be pernida from bleach lending its assistance :hestonpls.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

That's why I said it makes sense, but it's not a good thing to let the reader guess why and how.

But let's see what you got.

The argument starts with an ad homenum fallacy.

1- 3000 years vs what? 3-4months? Yes you can forget something in 3000 years, and after you remember it's possible to not forget it in 3-4 months. As I said in another post, have you ever tried researching a bunch of unrelated subjects? Over time yes you forget thing because you're not specializing in only one (in this case the gifts).

Basic logic. More than basic actually.

I will say another thing since it must be pointed out. Nowhere in the manga did it say that the gifts were a passive ability. So we can not exclude the possibility that it's an active ability.

2- How do you think you get immunity from brainwashing? By strenghtening your mind. It's basics. And that applies to all kinds of brainwashing. But please do tell me how many of his own people the DK fucked over. I must have missed a lot of them since I can only think of Cusack and the unreliable ally OGowther. Moreover he gave that gift as way to convince Merlin to go to his side. If he wasn't confident in what he did, he wouldn't give the gift in the first place. Logic.

Hyperbole in an argument and disregarding context. No objectivity.

I'll give you a 2/10 overall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Dayscanor The One

Ugh here we go again.

At the risk of repeating what others have pointed out already, she seems rather selective about the things she remembers. Nay you can clearly say there is a point where she starts remembering all those relevant things (after getting petrified by Galan), for example the Albions when she's with her dad (they're in the background) yet she just guesses that the Albion is a golem in Camelot, when she clearly encountered them in her childhood.

Not just that but she is a 3000 year old mage who studied black magic, as well as the fact that the DK gave her knowledge about demon arts and such as a blessing. She was also OGowther's pupil, so she must at the very least heard about Albions, or even seen them in action since she was alive around the time the war was waged.

That's not how memory works, she's not remembering a random subject she was taught at school, but rather something that is relevant to HER OWN PERSONA. What happened then in Beliaruin, as well as the fact that she got those blessings etc, are all relevant to her SELF. Maybe you should read more about psychology and memory, it is much harder to forget something about your own self, than something you were taught at school and needless to say it is rarely selective. Which is what she is showing here.

The gifts being passive or active don't have any bearing on it, just like what we saw in this chapter, she was simply immune to brainwashing, even without knowing what Resonance/Resonant does. And before you try to pull some shit from your ass, she didn't witness Cucksack using it against Arthur, she only saw the aftermath.
    Yet against Galan she was clearly petrified. You don't see how that's contradicting what we've seen from her in the past?

Yes everything is so simple and logical. Let me tell you something, it isn't logical that the DK would give someone immunity against his own people's magic. That's just logic. The DK gave immunity against Goddess clan brainwashing and possession and the SD against the decrees of the DK. Simple logic. It makes little sense for the DK himself to give immunity against his own decrees for example. Do you see where I'm getting at? Sure you can boil it down to her mind being more resistant to brainwashing, and thus it would work, but it would mean that all forms of brainwashing are essentially the same, yet you have Mael who is a Goddess, and thus be immune to GODDESS brainwashing (because logic) still fall for the Gowthers brainwashing.

So clearly there is a difference between both brainwashings, because yes Invasion is essentially that.

Yes everything is so simple, we just have to accept whatever Nakaba throws at us and never question it, not even when it clearly contradicts what was previously established.

Nice try, I would give you 10 out of 10 for the effort you put to do some damage control, and overall being intellectually dishonest.

But I guess since you like Alibaba you're alright with asspulls and nonsensical writing. :oldshrug

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  10. The World KATTA

It's like you completely glazed over what I said.

11. Escageta Well-Known Member

12. Yak banned

It was rather poorly written tbh and didn't quite point out whether you laugh at that particular notion or agree with it, laughing at people who dismiss it :cat

13. Ziyu Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Escanor should've defeated everyone with The One. The outcome would've been better than what happened this chapter. :ntban

14. Keishin Well-Known Member

15. BlueDemon On A Mission From God

Damn, when you don't know how your powers work and other character in-universe say it ain't fair, you know there's some BS in the air.
    Can't wait for the upcoming fight :bury

16. Dayscanor The One

Yeah if he could use it for an extended period of time, by using I don't know Infinity for example. Or if Chandler had been stopped beforehand so he wouldn't cast Darkness.:zaru

Where was her great analytical mind then? :LOS

No let me take the time to come up with a lengthy and convoluted plan based on elemental weaknesses, even though these two aren't really weak to those elements.Instead of actually disposing quickly of the most troublesome one, so that Escanor can wreck shit in The One.

But I guess she only uses it to make herself look good, and not others. Kappa

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  17. The World KATTA

When has Infinity ever shown to work on a grace or commandment?

Sure, Nakaba could have wrote it in like that, but it seems he wants to keep them separate.
    I was being excessively contemptuous and facetious, but I think you knew that already :catole

18. Taizai295 Member

You know, back with the first 100 chapters of the series, I didn’t think nakaba would fall into the same habit that hiro mashima did. You know, embarrassing/humiliating/shitting on most of the villains in his story.

19. Taizai295 Member

20. The World KATTA

That's what the manga has been about since the jump

:drake

21. Dr. White I'm a shapeshifter, at Poe's masquerade.

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Not to mention this has been the first time Merlin has been serious with full power people who could actually kill her. While we already saw the masters get hyped and what not by clashing with escanor, Chandlier casually soloing Glox and Dolor and running through the sins (including Merlin herself), etc.

People surprised Merlin used hax spells to win the battle and that Ludo and her didn't get slaughtered. Because Apparently Merlin's contributions prior to us learning of her set up made more sense as a demonstration of her power, and totally why Nakaba drew her as 1 of the six people in the fight with super hype in the facedown before the fight :lmao

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  22. TragicDeath Well-Known Member

That was epic bro it was well explained every detail of how Merlin pulled it off. Bwahaha

23. TragicDeath Well-Known Member

Hmmm yakkun is this you with drole's prof pic!?!lmao, I knew it. Well shit just shifted like as far as I can remember MH had been looking forward of @Rai spoilers and I dont know who the fuck messed @Rai up that he stopped doing the spoilers. Wel fuck you who ever you are or them. Anyhoo, who could have thought Merlin who tasked SINS in edinburgh could have pulverized the vampires including izraf with out of this world power she could pull off.

24. Rai Noblesse

I stopped because I was told to stop it's simple.

Plz leave this thing about me spoiling behind becasue I don't have access to spoilers anymore nor I will spoil ever again.

No one is at fault here.

My first and last reply about this.

25. TragicDeath Well-Known Member

Wtf seriously fucked the one who stopped you then. Well anyhoo, I didnt say someone is at fault here though. Well past is past whatever bro I mean it doesnt matter anymore. My only point was before MH was looking forward to this forum for only the spoilers, which was your doings, because this chatroom have been slacking in terms of convo compared to MH. But now it seems MH peeps arent so cool in terms of convo which makes my 2nd point that this forum is cooler than MH as of this point.

26. Altiora Night Necromancer Lord (Ω)

The previous chapters have got me wondering how strong Mael would be if he absorbed the Tornado & Ocean graces.

My guess would be that his PL would surpass 250, 000. Heck, it could even equal or surpass 300, 000 (350, 000 would be my guess). Not only does the individual grace pack more power than the individual commandment, but Mael is also more compatible with them as compared to the commandments.

Besides, he most probably can still use Full Counter to reflect physical attacks.

27. Rai Noblesse

I think Ludo stated Mael is far stronger than him when close to noon so maybe 500k+ PL? if he absorbs Tornado and Ocean :riku

28. Escageta Well-Known Member

Fuck power level. He just strong as hell with SUN and will be stronger than any others with 2 or 3 more Graces.

29. Altiora Night Necromancer Lord (Ω)

I wasn’t counting Sun though. He’ll eventually need to get it back from Escanor.

I believe he’ll take Tornado & Ocean as a way of taking responsibility for killing Sariel & Tarmiel. His PL will definitely skyrocket by taking in these 2 graces.

W/ Sun & the 2 graces ? He’ll be around 750, 000 easily.

IMO, he’ll be at least as strong as Meliodas w/ all 10 commandments absorbed if he ever gets hold of all 4 graces.

Why at least ?

That’s obvious; because of ‘The One’.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  30. Harbour I stole all bitches.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List