1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

2nd Round: (6) Byakuya vs. (10) Kribaby

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Shinji, May 29, 2007.

Kribaby vs. Byakuya

Poll closed Jun 4, 2007.
  1. Kribaby

52.9%
  2. Byakuya

47.1%
  1. Shinji

For people competing: You should point out why your team wins, and have rebuttals for the other teams scheme and agenda. Their will be a poll. You can vote for your team but its only going to count as 1 point.
    People voting: vote for who you think should win, but you should hold your judgment on your votes until the people competing have given their arguments. Each vote or post or whatever you choose will count as 1 point to the respective team.

Team Kribaby:
    Bankai Tousen
    Bankai Byakuya
    Shikai Soi Fon
    Shikai Kira

VS.

Team Byakuya:
    Bankai Byakuya

Yoruichi(hand to hand combat only)
    Shikai Soi Fon
    Shikai Ichigo
    Shikai Yumichika

So You Decide Who Wins!

Last edited: May 29, 2007
    Tags:
  2. Solar Bankai

Do we know how long Byakuya is banned for? Its not exactly fair to start this without him able to do anything.

3. burning jazz hat

4. diamondedge

Imba team! team Byakuya has two of the fastest characters in Beach, Byakuya AND Yourichi! Instant win! Plus Yumichika's abiity to drain reiatsu from people? No doubt, team Byakuya FTW here.

5. Shinji

6. Pein

and kribaby wins explains later

7. Kri

Should I wait until Monday, Sess? I'll feel bad going two rounds without having my opponent argue against me. :p

8. Shinji

lol go ahead and state your point, I can post byakuyas rebuttle when he gets on mIRC

9. burning jazz hat

wait, I got their teams mixed up earlier.
    it comes down to tousen and kira vs yoruichi, shikai ichigo and yumichika if you use the cancel out rule.

10. Kri

In that case, let's set up the fight. After cancellations, we have Team Kribaby (Bankai Tousen and Shikai Kira) against Team Byakuya (Yoruichi, Shikai Ichigo, and Shikai Yumichika). Arguably, we could have Yumichika and Kira negate each other as well, since both of their abilities work to immobilize the opponent, one through draining reiatsu and the other through multiplying weight.

By that right, we have Tousen in a fight against both Yoruichi and Shikai Ichigo.

Needless to say, this doesn't appear to be an easy victory for Team Kribaby. Not to overestimate Tousen, however, his Bankai ability is perfectly suited for a fight against people with the offensive styles of Yoruichi and Ichigo. Yoruichi's speed becomes essentially useless when there is no apparent direction to travel in. Likewise, Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou has no apparent target to land on. Neither Ichigo nor Yoruichi would be able to counter Enma Kourogi with their distinctive means of attack.

This is not to underestimate Yoruichi, though. In the fight we saw with Kenpachi fighting Tousen, he was able to dodge attacks the second after they touched his skin, restricting Tousen to only landing glancing blows. Yoruichi could take a similar approach, as I'm certain she's smart enough to do so, and dodge attacks after they touch her skin. I understand this much.

Unlike Kenpachi, Yoruichi doesn't travel with a zanpakutou. Without one, she is unable to counterattack as directly as Kenpachi did against Tousen. As a result, she would have to resort to countering with punches and kicks, the former of which are far too direct to counter an enemy you can't see, and the latter she typically mixes with shunpo -- something she simply can't afford to attempt when she can't judge her position accurately.

Tousen will be able to take advantage of the fact that Yoruichi's fighting style is hindered dramatically, and can be content with landing nothing but glancing blows until his opponent loses her ability to continue through loss of blood, exhaustion, or just getting tired of the silly game of hit and run.

I would give this fight to Tousen, only because of the character types that he's up against. Were it a fight against a special ability like Bankai Mayuri, or area attacks like Shikai/Bankai Renji that would allow the opponent to find Tousen by their own means, it would end completely differently.

11. ez

byakuya got himself banned for those ridiculous threads he kept spaming and he loses this battle thanks to bankai tousen

12. Sena Kobayakawa

Byakuya wins because he has two of the fastest characters.

13. Kri

That's the second person to say that... You ignore Soifon and Byakuya because we both have them. So no, he doesn't, he only has Yoruichi.

14. Shinji

and btw Yoruichi is only hand to hand combat, it would be rather difficult for her to beat bankai tousen by that.

15. ~Mystic Serenade~

Flag:
    South Korea
    Not if she blows up everything in that space with shunko.

16. Kri

Well, shunko is intended to be more of a defensive technique (as Yoruichi uses it) to stop an opponent, but even used with more power than necessary as a powerful kidou blast (like Soifon wanted to I believe), she still needs a target, and it's practically a melee attack. Look at how direct she was when she used it against Soifon, and how close Soifon got to attempt to strike with her own shunko.

Regardless, the same thing that keeps Yoruichi from taking advantage of shunko is what keeps Ichigo from using Getsuga Tenshou -- they can't sense their target.

17. ~Mystic Serenade~

Flag:
    South Korea
    There was also the time when she first unleashed an attack using shunko however. She simply pointed her hand in Soi Fong's direction and boom, large area of effect damage. In my opinion the only reason Soi Fong was not hit was because Yoruichi was trying to make a point in that she simply wasn't ready yet.

Now keeping her first attack using Shunko in mind, if she were to keep moving or fire something of similar nature using both hands in different directions, theres a pretty high chance I believe of Tousen getting caught in the blast.

18. Shinji

19. Solar Bankai

I think Shunko could get Tousen...to beat Yoruichi and Shikai Ichigo together, even with his Bankai is unlikely. That being said, whether they could do what Kenpachi did is questionable...Yoruichi is fast but doesnt mean she can do what Kenpachi did.
    Damn, i dont know. I vote Bya as its 2 - 1 Captain odds and Tousen isnt that great, his Bankai is awesome but beatable, but it could go wither way.

20. Mukuro

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  21. T0mas

Im going with team Byakuya. Kribaby have bankai Tousen but I don´t think he can handle the rest after Bankai Byakuya and Soi Fon have cancelled each other out even with Kira to help him.

22. Shinji

bumbing this thread because it closes tomorrow and its tied

23. Shinji

24. Kri

I think Byakuya himself will break the tie, unfortunately. :doh