1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[325] Hidan is the bitch

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Danchou, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Danchou Antagonist

This chapter proves it for me. In the past it wasn't clear since they talked on an even tone to one another, even though Kakuzu was always the one warning Hidan. In this chapter though, Hidan actually pleaded for Kakuzu to help him. This is a first for any Akatsuki member (with the exception of Tobi, but then again: he is Tobi).

Kakuzu, on the other hand, was all the while casually observing the spectacle and even started mocking his partner like a good boss should.

So all in all, Hidan is the bitch.

What do you think?

Tags:
  2. Grrblt Banned

I always knew Kakuzu was the pimp

3. Kaki Condensed hits harder

This is fucked up.....hidan had the potenial TOP jutsu ever.....

4. Splintered Active Member

Well, we already know Hidan beats his "partners."

5. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

yeah, the guy is supposed to be immortal or whatever, he should be one of the strongest and took down a freaking bijuu (spelling?) by himself, he should have got better. Damn kishi, he loves the leafs too much.

6. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Yes, the mistake was giving a jutsu to a charcther that was not high enough level.....

7. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

Before he pleaded for help he told Kakuzu to "stay out" of the fight. The bitch wouldn't say that. I think these guys are equal.

8. Grrblt Banned

Like how Deidara, a lot weaker than Sasori by his own words, would not attempt to snatch Sasori's jinchuuriki target right in front of his eyes.

9. Ofkinheimer Active Member

I don't mind Hidan so much having that kind of jutsu. I would have preferred to see a higher level kind of jutsu be its downfall given the status of him being in Akatsuki.

I can acknowledge that Kishi is trying to implement a lesson that regardless of how strong an opponent is, teamwork can take them down. But the lesson gets a little watered down given the expectations he had previously built for the character.

That said, i'm glad another Akatsuki is down. With so many strong characters, it is very difficult to give equal amounts of face time needed to justify their strenght and place in the story. At the end of the day, some characters will definately get more battle time and given how slow Kishi progresses, it probably is for the best.

If he gives every Akatsuki member a drawn out fight, we will be reading the manga for another 5 years, especially given the amount of plot that still remains to be explained. Heck, instead of a 10 chapters (10 weeks) of Hidan fighting, i'd rather take 5 chapters of his fight and 5 chapters of a backstory of an important character.

Lets save the long drawn out battles for AK Leader, Itachi, Sasake, Oro, Jaraiya, Naruto, Kisame, Kakashi, Gai, Tsunade and some members of the Rookie 9.

10. Grrblt Banned

Hidan may be down but he's not out.

11. blues Member

Every Akatsuki team needs a bitch apparently. Tobi, Kisame, Sasori and now Hidan.

Now all that's left to find out is who's the bitch of the of the other team?

12. ku1jt Elite Jounin

I would say Hidan is Kakuzu's bitch. Hidan is lucky to be with a partner like Kakuzu.

13. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Just because Kakuzu can't kill Hidan doesn't mean he can beat him like a red headed step child. I am for a moment actually interested in what Kakuzu is going to pull.

14. CM Pope The Holy Father

It was clear Kakuzu wore the trousers in that partnership.

As Deidara says, Akatsuki are cool. Itachi, Sasori and Kakuzu are all calm and collected while Deidara, Kisame and Hidan are not so much.

15. Grrblt Banned

Sasori was no one's bitch.

16. Pyre's Plight ...

I always thought Diedera was merely saying that to get Naruto to follow after him. Never took the statement seriously myself.

I think Hidan and Kukazu are pretty much equal. He was cursing him out when he picked up his head.

17. Grrblt Banned

A pretty good rule about manga is to assume that characters never lie unless we already know it's a lie, or unless we find out the truth shortly thereafter.

18. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

I think it's fairly obvious that Kakuzu is the leader of the team to be honest, especially at this point

And Hidan is still extremely powerful for a shinobi, he's just not upper Akatsuki tier. If it wasn't for Shikamaru, he still would have killed one of Konoha's strongest jounnins in like 30 seconds.
    Indeed.

So it's looking like

Kakuzu/Hidan
    Itachi/Kisame
    Sasori/Deidara

thus far.

And guys, Hidan isn't done yet, hes just had a setback. If he's not dead, then he's still got more to show. Next fight he probably will say something about not screwing around with these guys anymore and doing something 2x as impressive.

19. blues Member

You're right. I got the name of him and his partner mixed up.

20. ChipsAndSnacks The Anti-Bishie

Hidan and Kakuzu probably had some tension between each other. Hidan may have been above Kakuzu due to being so damn cocky before. If 1 vs 1 Hidan may be able to defeat Kakuzu if he wanted to. Now that his head is chopped off, Kakuzu has the whole "I told you so, you pompous ass" attitude.

I think...

21. d3vlabs Does not believe in titles

yes he is. and kakuzu is the G.
    R.I.P. team asuma

22. geminis Active Member

Kakuzu must be in the same league as AL/Itach/Oro or right under them.

He looked like a tiger on the prowl when attacking Shikamaru.

I think it goes like this now...

AL
    blue haired
    Itachi
    Zetsu
    Kakuzu
    Sasori
    Kisame
    Hidan
    Deidara
    Tobi (Tobi is a wildcard, he can probably go from last in the group to Itachi/AL level in a split second)

23. Kenny Florian Active Member

Don't judge the blue haired kid yet. We don't know what they're are capable of.

24. geminis Active Member

Fine so if that's the case then I'll omit Zetsu/AL/blue haired/Kakuzu.

Itachi
    sasori
    kisame
    Hidan
    deidara
    tobi

See how short that list is? Because we obviously haven't seen most of akatsuki dumpin all out. I was just speculating. as a matter of fact I'll place tobi higher now I fugure it would be...

Itachi

Sasori(eventhough he's out of comission)

Tobi (he might call deidara senpai but he can probably kill Deidara in a split second. Yes maybe that's what I want to expect)

Hidan

Kisame

Deidara

25. Naruko Supporting Staff

I'm not sure I'd call Hidan the bitch. He is awfully lippy - usually folks won't be unless they can back it up. And Kakuzu didn't do much but grumble about that fact. I think that's why Kakuzu is *really* enjoying the situation now. Because he suddenly is *just* a head, Hidan is now the bitch for sure. Perhaps for the first time in a while (the way they talk this has happened before). I get a sense of a dynamic where Hidan is really rude to Kakuzu on a regular basis because Kakuzu can't do a damn thing about it (hence Hidan isn't a bitch). But if Hidan's f's up, an opponent can hand him his ass on a platter and Kakuzu can get a vicarious thrill from that.

How about part-time Bitch? When he's stuck asking Kakuzu for help, he becomes his bitch.

26. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

My list is almost like yours, I'd go:

AL
    Itachi
    *Blue Hair
    *Zetsu
    Sasori
    *Kakuzu
    Kisame
    Deidara
    Hidan
    Tobi

And I agree that Tobi is that strange sort of fighter that's going to seem bottom rung, then suddenly leap from the bottom to near the top of the power ranking. But I'll keep him at the bottom for now.

27. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

People rate Kakuzu high now, but in a dozen chapters... well, let's look at his abilities. Super strength. Likely a medical-nin specializing in reattaching limbs. Not quite imposing enough to be worthy of fighting Tsunade. He's going to fight Sakura and be seriously challenged by her, leading nearly everyone to go, "OMG Kakuzu SUX & is low Chuunin level!!!" (Despite, alas, it being Kishimoto's intention to show Sakura's increasing skills.)

28. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Were this any other manga, that would be possible, but Kishi seems intent on making the growth of the kids at least somewhat realistic, and where it isn't realistic (in manga terms), it's because of numerous highly specific bonuses such as inner demons, super bloodlines, forbidden jutsus to enhance training, etc.

Sakura will (hopefully) get to match strength will Kakuzu at some point, but she'd get pasted solo even if she has learned a new trick or two since the Sasori fight. Kishi's made it quite clear he doesn't have to hand out solo fights to display increases in skill.

29. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Sakura doesn't have to win, just hold her own and stall Kakuzu long enough for Naruto to obliterate Hidan. At that point, Kakuzu will not have any reason to stick around.

She could also team with Kakashi, Yamato, or Sai, but that would probably be as unbalanced as Asuma and Shikamaru's team-up against Hidan. If it were only the three of them, Hidan would have been permanently defeated just now. Hidan and Kakuzu are good, but they are likely the weakest of all the Akatsuki pairs .

30. Sypher Red Dawn

Well, like most instances where a "bad-guy" loses, it's his own fault for doing something retarded.

He took the time to stab himself in the leg, when he could have just impaled his heart, and bam, Asuma dead.

But, if all villians did that, they'd never lose, Naruto would have died during the Chuunin exam, Sasuke would have died during the Zabuza arc, and we wouldn't have a story.

I will say, while I'm slightly disappointed that Hidan was knocked down a notch this early in the fight, I don't think he is by any means defeated. My opinion of Kakuzu also was raised during this chapter, I found it rather humorous how he was mocking Hidan. Especially the line about Hidan making demands as a head.