1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

[325] Orochimaru is a dumb fuck...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by BladeofTheChad, Sep 28, 2006.

1. BladeofTheChad

I mean fucking seriously....He wants a fucking Sharingan when Hidan can get his friggin head lopped off and keep trucking...

For a guy that beats off to the thought of immortality, you'd think he'd take advantage of this situation...

Tags:
  2. Kenny Florian

Yea but, I guess he already has a type of immortality and is content with his own immortality. With the sharingan he can probably learn and copy Hidan's religeous ceremony who knows. Besides that, I doubt Oro would take on hidan solo and risk loosing his life.

4. CrazyMoronX

Hidan wasn't there when Oro was there. Oro doesn't know.

5. Woozie

I'm pretty sure Orochimaru can also have his head chopped off and still live.

Even aside from that I doubt Hidan's ability is so much because of his body but rather because of his religion - which Orocimaru wouldn't know anything about.

6. DeepThought

Kakuzu killed all his other partners. Hidan is the new guy.

7. TenshiOni

Did it ever occur to you that Orochimaru might have never met the guy?

8. Pyre's Plight

9. blues

Oro can't draw circles. Or maybe it only works if you're religious.

10. Ofkinheimer

Why would Oro need Hidan when he can regenerate his body when it is sliced completely in half?

Oro already has his immortality jutsu, he doesn't care for another one and getting Sharingan will not give him immortality.

The only reason he is after it is because it will allow him to accomplish his true goal of learning all the jutsus in the world and figuring out the meaning of life.........or whatever it was that he spewed during the fight against the 3rd.

11. CrystalCypher

Orochimaru beats off at knowing every jutsu. Also we don't know how "immortal" Hidan is. For all we know he can die of old age.

When it comes to knowing jutsus:

Sharingan >> Immortality

12. Halo

In all seriousness, Oro wants the sharingan so he could learn more jutsus. He already has immortality, so there's no need for Hidan.

13. blazingshadow

oro doesn't really care about life anyways. he just wants something to do while he is still alive and see it till the end. oro is just a very bored guy with no values

14. Darth Judicar

1. He doesn't even know about him. Orochimaru is good, but I'm under the opinion he doesn't have his head up everyone's arse at the moment. There could be some people he hasn't heard or met about yet, hence Hidan.

2. Orochimaru already has his known style of immortality. Who knows? Maybe he prefers his way over Hidan's. Let's assume he does know of Hidan...Orochimaru has been shown to favor powerful, unique jutsus and I think it would against his nature if he decided to go for a non-jutsu way. He's so bent on jutsus, it's influenced the path he's chosen to walk life and he has set it in his mind that's the way he's going to go for immortality, not relying on religious fanatics.

15. TicoTico

The religiousness involved ought to be a major turndown for Oro, most likely for a reason. One way or another, Hidan must be paying a heavy prize for his immortality. That or they never actually met, in Akatsuki at the same time or not.

One thing I'd like to know: what exactly makes some of you say Hidan and Oro weren't in Akatsuki at the same time? The 'killed all of his previous partners' comment, or something else I might've missed? (With the very nice theory about Hidan being very old and from a long since non-existant ninja village I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the senior members, actually :p That and I never thought myself that there ever were any other Akatsuki than the ten we know of+Tobi.)

16. Ray

Sharigan allows the best way to copy jutsu. With Hidan, he would have to learn straight from the beginning.

Perhaps he can't take over Hidan's body either or like some have said he doesn't know him.

17. Kisame

"we havent up like this since orochimaru left"

meaning they all were members since orochimaru was there and they were meeting because him AND hidan was there with Orochimaru.

Orochimaru doesnt want him because of ....

PLOT NO JUTSU.

And i made this thread and it got merged week before last :(

18. d3vlabs

his main interest is new jutsus since he believes thats the ultimate way of ninja blah blah blah
    sharinghan can copy new jutsus
    it will make oro happy.

pretty boring isnt it.

19. MasamuneX7

We don't know exactly how old Akatsuki is, just that it's at least 7 years old (when Orochimaru left), 9 if you take Itachi's weird timeline into consideration. It is possible that Akatsuki works like the Genei Ryodan from Hunter X Hunter in that those who want to join must kill an existing member for the position. This way, they can guarantee that they will always have the most powerful criminals. Sasori mentioned a sort of entrance exam in which he had to use his own body. For him to resort to that, he would have had to kill or fight someone powerful, possibly the 3rd Kazekage as proof of his power, the previous Akatsuki bearer of the Gyoku ring, or a fight with the leader himself to show himself worthy.

Kakuzu said that he has killed all of his former partners. If he's talking about his Akatsuki partners, then Hidan is a relatively recent addition to the organization. However, if we look back to the cave scene in chapter 238, Hidan was the shadow that spoke first, saying that "We haven't met like this..." with Sasori finishing the sentence: "since 7 years ago, when Orochimaru left the organization." If this is indeed Hidan's shadow (as Hidan really couldn't be any of the other shadows), then he's been there for at least 7 years. If that shadow was Hidan, then he and Orochimaru knew each other.

If Hidan has been around for that long, how old is the organization really, if Kakuzu has gone through multiple partners?

20. Shisui

Oro's regeneration is already better than Hidan's immortality. He's small potatoes.

Though it would be funny to see Oro get his head chopped off then bounce away on his tongue.

21. Kisame

Im pretty sure Kakuzu was referring to his days in waterfall country.

22. BladeofTheChad

^yep, also please, do you really think oro would leave and not keep tabs on Akatsuki either???? just because there is a slight chance he didnt meet him, doesnt mean he doesnt know about the guy, and nothing Orochimaru has done even compares with Hidan getting his head lopped off and then having a chat with his partner afterwards...

23. RasenganUltimate

Oro's immortality jutsu is good enough. Plus, Oro left the Akatsuki long time ago. He wouldn't know about Hidan who just came in. If Oro does end up pocessing Sasuke, he has the Sharigan ability now. :O As if he isn't strong enough already.

24. earthshine

oro's goal is not just to live forever, but to master all jutsu on the planet. sharingan is invaluable to this goal.

also, hidan is one weird guy, he may have some kind of defense against soul transferance(like, maybe his body IS really cursed)

25. Kisame

No Living forever is invaluable to his goal.

having the sharingan is diddly squat if you die the next day.

But living forever means his goal is actually possible.

26. Fenix

Oro cant take Hidan's body cause Oro is weak

There

27. BladeofTheChad

i agree with that...

28. Gunners

Orochimaru doesn't want him because Sasuke's body is better. I stand buy that two, Hidan has flaws in his Jutsu that could be exploited. He could possibly die now. ( I hope).

29. FrostXian

Hidan's immortality comes from black magic, not his body.

30. BladeofTheChad

well then, Black Magic>>>Jutsu's...