1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[326] Do YOU want Asuma to die?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Marsala, Oct 5, 2006.

Do you want Asuma to die?

1. Yes! Die die die!

86 vote(s)
    56.2%
  2. No! Asuma! Noooooooooooooo!

67 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Well, do you?

What about Shikamaru? Think of how heartbroken he'll be. And Kurenai. Do you want her to become a single mother, raising Asuma's baby after his death? And Ino and Chouji... okay, nobody cares about them. Well, despite all this, do you still want Asuma to die, you heartless bastards?

Yeah, me too. :amuse

Tags:
  2. Rori -

At first I couldn't care less if he died, I didn't think he was all that... well actually, I still don't think he's all that.

But, no, after reading the latest chapters, I don't want him to die.

3. Kwheeler Zetsu used Dig!

If Asuma dies here then good for Hidan, if for some reason he didnt die then that still doesnt get rid of the unphazed Hidan standing 15 feet in front of him :amuse

4. caius Member

I think it is much better for Shikamaru's character development, as well as adding a level of realism to this world. They are not superheroes, they are simply men and women with great ability. Asuma and co. are facing foes who are among the strongest in the world. They are not easily defeated, even by the best jounin a village can offer. Fact is that Team Asuma is outclassed here, and barring massive plot no jutsu, he has met his end. Not the one I wanted for him by any means. I had hoped that he would go down fighting, and there is a chance he does not die outright and manages to do so.

Shikamaru can truly learn from this. One he can learn that just being able to plan does not equal victory. He knows some of this, but not as clear as it can be. He swore to become better after the sasuke debacle, but really what could he do. He did not see the fights nor was he in any position to help. Here he actually sees his weaknesses. He knows that he has to plan for the worst, even the supernatural. He can take away much more from this with the death of Asuma, than if they were saved miraculously.

If Asuma survives, no on eof importance on the good guys side will die. Asuma is nice, but he is a very minor character. If hecan pull through something like this, the others like Naruto, Sakura, etc. could have gone into this battle and come out without a scratch.

5. Deeo 8

Yeeessss, I like him but someone has to die.

6. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

7. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Were is the "It's the same", I would prefer to see him die, its a change, even when he is not a very important character (The only thing i would regret is that he is may be the last one who can call Enma).

But if he survive, i will not make a scene

8. martryn Dick in hand

I'd rather Asuma died than Izumo and Kotetsu, and I do want some of the good guys to die just for realism sake, but I don't want Asuma to die at all. If he did, I'd rather he stayed dead, like Gaara should have, and Neji and Chouji, but I'd rather it not come to this. I'm not convinced he is too far gone now.

9. Woozie Active Member

Here's what I posted on the other thread:

I don't personally even care if Asuma dies or not. I mean it's always better if he dies instead of the fodder characters there, but to be honest he just hasn't been built enough to have any real impact.

I'd rather kill off someone major, but expandable. On the top of the list would be Kakashi and Sakura, but all the rest of the rookies follow as close second. Then there's Jiraiya and Tsunade too.

I mean, the jounin teachers such as Asuma hardly even have established personalities...their death wouldn't satisfy me. But I guess I'm asking too much. Especially after Chouji, Neji and Gaara incidents.

10. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Woozie, do not forget Iruka (who is in all the top 20 in jump, even if he has only fight once).

11. Majob Leatherneck

I don't feel Asuma should die but whatever happens, happens.

There's more than enough angst in the manga already,why needlessly add more?

12. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

I like Asuma, he's a badass and his knives are the shit.

But then again I liked Gaara alot more (he had an established personality in addition to being badass) and I still wanted him to die.

So yes, I'd be pretty happy if Asuma went to the Big Tabacco Factory in the Sky, because I felt cheated that Gaara lived in return for an instantly forgetable third string character's death.

It's a shame his death will lead to Shikamaru and Kurenai commiting suicide, though :(

13. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

Asumas death will be satisfying for readers becuz a semi major character would of died.

14. Majob Leatherneck

Don't you mean Asuma's death will satisfy YOU?

I don't see to many people crying about not enough people dying in the the story. You stand few, proud and certainly alone

15. Daenerys Stormborn Mother of Dragons Advisor

On the one hand, I like Asuma, so I don't really want him to die. On the other hand, people have a good point when they say that one of the good guys needs to die just to show that it's possible (because fight scenes are a lot more suspenseful when there's a possibility of the good guy getting hurt or dying). So maybe Izumo and Kotetsu could die instead of Asuma?

16. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

I would like to see him die - learn his son was konohamaru- see konohamaru get really strong- see naruto fulfil his prophecy and fight konohamaru for the title of hokage.

17. Genesis Active Member

Nah, i want to see someone more important die. If Asuma dies now, Kishi might not kill off anybody else believing that Asuma's death was big enough. He only gave us one death in part 1 so he'll probably keep it the same in part 2. However, the Sandaime was important to Naruto. Killing him off then killing off his son in part 2 is overkill to their lineage. Someone significant like Jiraiya is a lot better.

18. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

Right now, he should die.Hidan dealt the final blow in his little circle and theres nothing Shika could do now to stop it(unless he pulls some chakra out of his ass)

Realistically, he should be dead.I have nothing against him, but he should be dead.

19. Ray Mr Big Shot

Do I want him to die of course not but it's very likely to happen whether I like it or not. I just want him to do something worthy. I'm also worried about what this could do to Shikamaru psychologically. Will he give up or keep moving on and get revenge on Hidan(supposing Hidan actually survives when reserves shows up)

20. caius Member

I'd like to see this happen, because I think this could motivate Shikamaru. His lazy laid back demeanor is entertaining, but it's only that for so long. I want ot see him actually have something he strives for and revenge could be the best thing for him.

21. Yasha Procreate

No, I don't want him to die because Kurenai is pregnant.

22. Kisame Banned

Yes DIE DIE DIE.

There is not one person besides Kisame and deidara and Tobi that should be safe from death.

23. AznEnigma69 Alucard of the Leaf

I think asuma should die because it plot no jutsu like others had said it already! But, its also reminding to us of what he said during his chess game with shikamaru.

24. warrior1000 perverted ways

i dont care who dies, i just want someone in this group to die, i mean only konoha ninjas

25. bagelgod Coolest guy ever

Asuma must die so Hidan may show everybody how truly awesome he is.

26. B Some bitch.

I don't dislike Asuma. But yes, kill him.

27. The_Leader Nope, not here!

I ain't got nothing against him, but unless THERE'S A VERY GOOD REASON WITH A VERY VERY VERY GOOD EXPLANATION AS TO OTHERWISE, Asuma dies. Otherwise, aingrei faic.

28. Fenix Pie Vendor

agreed completely. maybe not tobi tho

29. Ikke AshLEE That loser fangirl

Personally, no, I don't want Asuma to die right then. He hasn't even really had his chance to shine. He's the one leading this group, yet Shikamaru's been calling more shots than he has. I guess it'd be more realistic if he died not having shown off something wicked cool because, hey, you don't always get to die in glory, but Kishimoto-san suddenly making Asuma important only to have him die without accomplishing anything would be somewhat disappointing.

Then again, it would be a point of character development for Shikamaru, and maybe to a lesser extent Chouji and Ino. In that sense, Asuma's death should happen.

30. Supa Swag Active Member

Oh god, that BITCH needs to rot.