1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

[326] Holy Sh*T! Hidan Just killed himself!!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by atom, Oct 4, 2006.

1. atom

After reading a couple chapters back.. its safe to say that hidan just killed himself.

Here is some proof.

Notice the blood INSIDE THE CIRCLE!

Notice how Asuma is completely unharmed by the curse. Asuma didnt take ANY damage from the sythe.

Notice how we keep seeing the blood.. obviously some next chapter foreshadowing.

Just take a look at that...

See, Hidan had to put something inside the circle, then after, he licked the blood and his body changed color......

... But WAIT! If he needed the opponents blood, and his own blood is INSIDE the circle WHILE he has started the ceremony.. and the sythe that pierced his chest didnt hurt asuma.. that means..

any attacks he does now... will effect.. himself!

Opinions on this theory :p Asuma didnt die! Hidan did! Plot No Jutsu FTW!

Tags:
  2. ~Kaio-Cam~

3. Gyroscope

Wait so the damage that is intended for him, is redirected to the victim. And if he himself is his victim then and if he just cannot be hurt....he wouldn't die from impaling himself anyway.

4. fender0111

Thank you for this post, i posted the exact same theory and I'm glad you put up the pictures to back it up. :)

5. Odlam

Dude, if you notice, the circle was drawn with Hidan's own blood from when the two shinobi impaled him from either side - why in the world would getting more of his blood on it change anything, especially when his jutsu involves self mutilation?

You honestly think Hidan never considered that he might bleed inside his own circle while he is stabbling himself repeatedly with a giant stick?

6. fender0111

The scythe definately didn't affect Asuma, so why would getting stabbed through the chest? He was faking to get Hidan to stab himself.

7. atom

Of course. But i HIGHLY doubt he would've thought of going out of the circle. Then going back in with blood when he is already started the ceremony, if you looked at the picture. The Ceremony needs prepartion, which in this case Hidan doesnt have.

+ If you notice, after he started the ceremony all his blood in the circle (except for the triangle itself) disappeared. meaning it must have some importance. Besides, if it didnt why would kishimoto bother wasting a entire frame showing it and drawing it in all the others.

8. cygnus

9. gabha

What do you mean it didn't effect him?! Not only did Asuma fall to his knees, he was coughing up blood in the next page.

10. fender0111

asuma did not fall to his knees. page 11, asuma already on the ground. page 12, asuma still on the ground, even lower because he dodged the scythe... not shaking or in pain, while Hidan was just impaled by his scythe.. Then on the next page you see Asuma thinking how he won't fall for that again, and then an ! and then he sees hidan's blood in the circle. ONLY after that does he start coughing up blood. My theory is that he wasn't effected, realized that hidan's blood was in the circle, bit his tongue or lip to make some blood, started coughing to fool Hidan, and thus making Hidan impale himself for no reason.

11. BladeofTheChad

A)A bible in his pocket
    B) a sheriff badge
    C) a pocket watch...

that way, the A-C objects will absorb all the danger...you know, like in those action movies where they pull something out of their pocket that saved his/her life...i pwnt..

12. lazer85

If Asuma has AIDs he has taken down Hidan even if this isn't true

13. atom

LMAO! But wouldnt that mean Kurenai has AIDS too :(

14. sadated_peon

Blood dripping doesn't mean anything, he spilt his own blood in the circle and could still hurt asuma.

It is licking the blood that does it.

15. MadeUpFacts

I don't think that's it. Look at the picture from the previous chapter when Hidan was but a head, and look at one of the picture in this chapter. They both have one thing in common, Hidan is bleeding from his mouth. Hidan is tasting his own blood and his own blood might be sustaining the ceremony.

16. fender0111

that's a good point too.. before, he tasted asumas blood. now he's tasting his own.. which makes sense as to why it's not affecting asuma. Asuma's curse is canceled. He's now starting one against himself.

17. Marsala

Oh no, Hidan took his own blood into his body. That's bad. The ceremony won't work if Hidan has his own blood in his body.

Wait a minute...

18. atom

19. fender0111

Okay.. we'll just have to see next week what happens, however i'm 99.9 percent sure Asuma is fine... and I'll gladly admit it if i'm wrong... come next week.

Of course Hidan can take his own blood into his body... However you don't normally have your own blood in your mouth. His jutsu seems to curse the blood that he tastes.

20. Boreas

But actually it wouldn't do nothing to Hidan except put him in endless pain.... which is what he is always doing....

He was out of the circle when pierced through his heart by the giant kunais of Isaumo and Kotetsu...
    He was out when decapitated and managed to live why would he die now?

Asuma could really have a lucky chance....but Hidan is definitly not defeated.

21. Marsala

Both. You guys are grasping at straws. Asuma is not faking it, and Hidan is not going to die. The blood tasting / dripping doesn't matter, since Hidan tastes his own blood all of the time. Hidan had blood dripping from his mouth during the ceremony waaaay back after beating Yugito.

22. fender0111

I love how you think you know it all.. you have just as much of a chance of being right as bijuu and I do.

I happen to think Asuma is fine and was faking it. You think otherwise. Who cares? We'll just have to wait and see next week.

23. Art

If it could totally fuck up his plan to have the opposing forces blood in the circle, I imagine that Hidan would be a little more careful of it. Also, even though it would help the suspense factor, I don't think ending the chapter with a question being left up in the air if Hidan killed himself would work nicely with the story. Action-packed themes like Naruto usually need someone winning a fight with a finishing blow, not a mistake.

I think the theory would work in a more realistic matter, but not in a manga.

24. atom

1.) Hidan most likely didnt start the ceremony the interrupt it and start it again
    2.) There wasnt random (most likely Hidan's ) blood on the circle
    3.) Hidan let his guard down this time
    4.) Its against someone with plot value

I guess its a matter of Plot vs. Hidan.. Plot is going to win most likely. I mean if Asuma dies then Chouji and Lee and Neji and Kiba and Naruto need to die as well... but thats not going to happen. So Asuma lives and dies against Kazuku later and a proper fight.

25. fender0111

actually, to those of you saying asuma was doubled over from the scythe... asuma was actually on the ground dodging the sythe, and then after hidan hit himself with it Asuma was actually sitting up looking at him and thinking.. which is when he noticed the blood and then started coughing as part of his act.

26. Marsala

I have a far, far bigger chance of being right because my ideas (shared by most others here) actually make sense. If you bought one lottery number and I bought the other 9,999,999 possible numbers, we would not have equal chances of winning.

Asuma has no plot value. He is a very unimportant character. The only effect of his death will be heartbreak for some of the other characters. His death here, in a short battle that achieved almost nothing, is extremely tragic and will really mess Shikamaru up mentally.

27. atom

Actually, thats starting to make a bit more of sense Fender. "I Wont Fall for that again"... hmm intresting. Dangit i wish we had the next chapter now.

Sandaime Hokage - Connected to Naruto
    Sandaime Asuma - Sandaime Hokage's Son, who is connected to Naruto

This automatically makes Asuma connected to Naruto in some way. Besides, he was going to help naruto with his wind chakra training, so he cant die now.

28. Marsala

So Naruto will feel sad that Asuma died. Good. And Asuma already helped Naruto with his wind chakra training; Naruto is now at a stage where no one can help him. The only way Asuma can help Naruto is by bequeathing Naruto his chakra blades, which can happen if he dies.

29. atom

Anyone naruto knows automatically gets the Superb Plot No Jutsu Protection Plan.

Examples:

Neji
    Lee
    Gaara
    Chouji
    Kiba

and soon Asuma.

Plot No Jutsu Protection Plan > Hidan.

30. fender0111

well, i personally think that a large majority of you guys are wrong.. The chapter clearly (and i mean clearly) shows that asuma is not doubled over from the scythe, he actually sits up after it strikes Hidan, he even has a thought that he won't fall for it again, and an ! when he sees the blood.

i don't give a crap if i bought one lottery ticket or you bought 9999999 when i read something ahead of time that tipped me off on that 1 lottery ticket that I bought. That thing Hidan impaled himself with will not affect Asuma.