1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

[326] Holy Sh*T! Hidan Just killed himself!!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by atom, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Silver Shadow Member

I think Asuma's dead. It just took him a moment to realize the wound, since he wasn't expecting Hidan to be back in the circle. I know it's not realistic, but how many times in anime do they show people being impaled with swords or injured in some other way and being fine for a moment until they look down and realize it? There could also be a slight delay in the jutsu transferring pain. Furthermore, the blood inside the circle was just showing Asuma realizing "crap, he's impaled himself" right before it was transfered to him.

However, Asuma's death has been foreshadowed since his chess game with Shikamaru. Clearly he was introducing the idea that to serve a greater purpose he would need to sacrifice himself, like a pawn in a chess game. Kishimoto put that in for a reason, not just to show him having a good old time with Shikamaru. Furthermore, Asuma alive isnt really important to the plot. It's harder to kill off the youth because they're Naruto's age and their growth throughout the series is much more than the growth of adult characters. Asuma however, doesn't really do all that much, and since his team are all already chuunin then there's no real need to have him train them. His death would cause more plot to happen than him continuing to live.

Also, now that Naruto's learning his wind jutsu, it'd be better if he were the only one to do it amongst the main characters. If you look at the characters, all their fighting styles are very different, with the only exceptions being Neji and Hinata (although she hardly fights except for the chuunin exam) and the sannin-team 7 connections (but that's just jutsus passed from teacher to student). Besides, as someone said before, he could inherit Asuma's wind blades to help him in his fights.

2. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Who has survived without reason?

Narutos Kyuubi's almost endless durability and stamina.

Neji is extremely tough, ang ninja' in Naruto move fast as sin. ALso, they probobly bandagd him up before leaving to stop him from bleedign to death on the trip.

Hidan... it's his power, just like Deidara having mouths on his hands. Be it threw whatever mystical allegiance to the god of deaht he has, he cant die threw noral meas.

Gaara's i admit was kinda corny... but it was explained.

and Chiyo was a good charectery who died, which makes your toll atleast 2.

Now the villians, most sustained far worse injuries then our heros, and didn;t have any medial ninja to go crawlig back to.

Hell most the Sound 4 COULD have survived, but Orochimaru didn't care about them, so he didn't send Kabuto to go save them he just let them crash and burn. Zabuza took a beatig unparrelled in the manga, by any good hero, before he died.

Also, Sasori bent the laws of mortality also, shattered him and he didn't even get injured. Just cause he eventually was killed (like most evil charecetrs neeed ot be in Shonen) he wasn;t suseptible to normal human rules for survival.

3. EdwardElric Three years and still lurking

Even in the SLIGHTEST chance that you're somehow right, Asuma will still die by the end of this fight. Also, Hidan had his freaking head chopped off, I don't see how stabbing himself even with his "ritual" on himself would kill him.

4. dmaster2 King of the naruto fan forum

Asuma wil die while defeating kakazu. We know that skika and other 2 can't take of kakazu.

So what is going to happen is hidan commits suicide and asuma shows how bad ass he is and kills kakazu while dieing in the process. Then naruto starts taking care of konahamaru cause he has no family and feels sorry for him.

5. inteplus New Member

I'm on the "Asuma is faking" side and here's my observation that seems not been noticed so far.

- First, Asuma's hands got burned by his own jutsu.
    - Second, when Hidan stabbed his left leg, Asuma collapsed. Later on page 10, chapter 325, it showed that Asuma bleeds on his left leg.
    Notice something in common? The curse transfers physical damage to the other party. Okay. This is so obvious. There's nothing to talk about.

Now, in chapter 326, Hidan stabbed himself using the scythe. Then what? Asuma coughed and we saw blood coming from his MOUTH. Here's the question. How could his internal blood go all the way UP when it could easily flow out through the injury hole? There is no physical object that blocks the hole anyway.

6. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

People always cough up blood in manga when they are badly hurt, regardless of whether it makes anatomical sense from their injuries.

7. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I hate speculation to things that will certainly get an anwser. Just wait one week and you'll have it.

But maybe Kishi will mess with our minds and this week's update will be back to Naruto.

And everyone will go "OMFG NOOOOEESSS !! I wanna know what happens to Asuma-sensei !!"

8. JokerZZZ The one and only...

Hidan is not dead...Asuma is about to die and the rest of Konoha Ninjas also aaahhhHh!!

Hidan cant die...he cant!!!

9. Ofkinheimer Active Member

How many times had it seemed that it was the "end" only to have a miracle happen at the beginning of the new chapter?

Typically Kishi style........or should I say manga style.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  10. Kanii AHH! OOHH! :D

Wuz tis shiet? :(

11. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

i read the first post but i dont know why you came to that conclussion? i mean every time he did that ceremony he was bleeding himselfe, also while taking the stake out of his heart. if it never killed him before then could you please tell me why it would kill him this time???

12. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Hidan does NOT die, asuma can be ressurected by plot no jutsu...

13. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Until Now, at 4 days at most of knowing, there are a lot of uncertainty in the air.

I think Asuma may escape (somehow) from the jutsu, but I doubt it means that Hidan killed himself, but we are very near know, just matter of time.

I do not know how you feel, but I am intrigued and excited.

14. caius Member

I am very excited to see the outcome of this fight. I believe that Asuma will die, but I don't want him to die instantly from the spike. From the start of this I've been wanting him to go down in a more glorious way, although him simply dying would be unexpected and show how death isn't always glorious.

15. GrimaH Absurdist

Hidan's not gonna get killed by any of the good guys.
    It's obvious who will. I mean, it's even been foreshadowed.
    Kakuzu keeps saying to Hidan. "If you let your guard down, you'll die."
    He said to the bountyman, "I always kill my accomplice(or partner, or wadeva). He is the only partner I can have, because you just can't kill him."
    That means......
    Kakuzu will kill Hidan!
    Kakuzu's been thinking about how to actually KILL Hidan (because he always kills his partner for unknown reasons), and he might have figured out a way to do so. He hints to us repeatedly that Hidan would die if he let his guard down, but we know that even if he did let his guard down, he would not die. That is......until somebody has been with him long enough to know the real trick behind the immortality jutsu. Like Kakuzu.
    Done.

16. caius Member

I don't think Kakuzu really wants ot kill Hidan though. THey bicker and fight, but at the end it seems like htey tolerate each other better than most other pairs. The whole "if you let your guard down you'll die" think seems more like a running joke between them than an actual warning.

17. S.O.T.R.S Sasori Of The Red Sand

well.
    when i saw asuma's coughing blood scene, i remembered the scene when neiji and chouji fought the sound nins.

when butterfly rested on shikamaru, i thought chouji died...he didnt
    when a feather rested on neiji, i thought he died, he didnt

so dont count out a miracle this time too. but the hidan killed himself part is lame. hidan cant be killed. but all the while i believe he has to maintain it or something(nothing goes cheap).

18. Enclave Mr. Flibble's very cross

Actually this is one of the main reasons I think that Asuma is going to die. Naruto is likely going to be needing a weapon as sharp or sharper than the Kusanagi.

Remember what I believe it was Asuma who essentially said that against opponents with equal skill it is the sharpness of their weapon that will decide the fight? Well there supposedly isn't any swords sharper than the Kusanagi, except of course a sword made of wind chakra.

Ever since Asuma said that to Naruto I have been expecting him to get at least 1 of those knives, and my expectation of him getting one of them doubled the moment we saw Asuma extend the knife to a full out sword with his wind chakra.

Since Naruto is implied to be the only other wind user in the villiage it would be believable that he could end up with the knives if Asuma died as he is the only one there who would get any benefit from them at all.

19. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

327 means the thread fails!

I'm not one to gloat, of course.

So I'll let this frog do it for me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  20. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

327 translation is out just read it guys, hehehesmile-big

21. Shinim3gami Kadaj's Sextoy

Most probable - we'll see today =D
    unless they decide to swtich back to telling us about good old Naruto and his new technique in progress...

22. gabha GB's Norman

327 just killed this thread.

23. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

^Hahaha so true. Go and read 327 guys!!!

24. Kayo ?

amagad Hidan died :'(