1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[326:Theory] The Weakness in Hidan's "Rituals" o_O

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Audible Phonetics, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

So far in this fight between Team Asuma and Hidan we've still been left in the dark as to how Hidans Immortality and Ritual Jutsu's work.. This last chapter though I beleive shed some light upon this...

In this picture we see Asuma duck the Scythe, and the Scythe enter into Hidan..Notice Hidan is in the circle, so that means any damage occured to him would transfer to the one whos cursed...Right??

Important Point: Notice though, that when the scythe entered into Hidan the pain didnt transfer to Asuma right away..As a matter of fact, it wasn't until 3 pages later that Asuma felt the effects of the attack and hunched over in pain, coughing blood. Asuma was even able to get up and Say "I wont fall for that again" thus showing he didnt feel the effects of Hidans attack yet... But eventually he fell to his knees when the attack effected him.

Theory:
    During this lag time (the time it takes the pain Hidan inflicts on himself to transfer to the cursed one), if you can push Hidan out of the circle before the intial attack takes effect on the person "cursed" it will in turn become fatal to the person inflicting the damage(Hidan), since it has no one to inflict the pain to. So in essence a boomerang effect...

This just seemed to be the most plausible to me in this situation..But let me know what you think..??

Tags:
  2. martryn Dick in hand

Ummm... I'm thinking you misinterpreted something somewhere. It's a sound theory otherwise... I guess. Though that's one hell of a weakness and I don't see how that would even be feasible in a pitched fight.

3. Kanii AHH! OOHH! :D

Well, that's wrong. He felt the pain before, it was either at this point (right after he said "I won't fall for that again" ... ->the frame with the "!!")

or at the latest here

as he is coughing and shaking.

Besides, it's not the first time the damage was a little delayed.

4. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

If I am mis interpreting something..Please tell me, thats why I wanted to open this discussion up..:amuse

5. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

This was mentionned in another thread already, but nice observation skills anyway!

I'm still hoping Asuma doesn't survive the fight, but that might me a possible escape route, a probable flaw. We'll see, I guess...

6. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

That still doesnt disprove my point.He didnt feel the pain right away...:amuse

7. Kanii AHH! OOHH! :D

Like the first time we saw him using it. It's so little of a delay that it's practically impossible to pull it off. In any case, Hidan is immortal and it would be rather illogical to die this way. Uhm and yeah, you're right, it didn't disprove your point.

8. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

Even if Asuma avoids the damage from the pike, he should still die from the damage he recieved from the scythe, because thats a pretty fucking serious wound

9. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

So was Choujis Red Pill
    So was the Spike Through Neji's Chest
    and the list goes on..

10. Tsak kimimaro Avatar of Balthazar

good theory its just like he is immortal so it would really kill him if he was out of it anyway
    good analysis i just think it took three pages to show what happened because it shows him laughing and what not calling him retarded

11. zornedge Sedated

This fight kinda reminds me of one manga I read, called Samurai Deeper Kyo where...

Spoiler:

Akira and Saisei fought in that ice cube Akira created to entrap Saisei. They were both samurais, but Saisei had an ability which allowed ANY attack on Saisei to effect Akira, and vice versa.

When Akira attacks her, Saisei turns her ability on and lets him attack her, transferring the pain he inflicts on her to himself. When Akira stops, and Saisei attacks, she turns the ability off and can hurt Akira. She turns it off because since the transferring of pain can work both ways, she does not want to hurt herself while she beats Akira up.

It's like an on/off switch, sort of. Akira finally figured out how the ability worked, and beat her when he pretended to attack Saisei (to make Saisei go for the "on" switch to transfer pain) but Akira attacked himself at that point and mortally wounded Saisei. when Akira stabbed himself while the switch, so to speak, was between the on and off position so the transferring of pain was entirely one-sided, which meant Akira didn't feel the pain at all.

I probably didn't explain the story clearly enough, but people who read the "Samurai Deeper Kyo" manga will probably know what I'm talking about.

Nevertheless, it kind of makes me think, this current fight in the latest Naruto chapters is very similar, but I cannot seem to find any weakness because Hidan doesn't simply turn his ability on and off (or can he?), except for being pushed in and out of the circle.

Not only that, but Hidan is still alive after being beheaded, so he is technically a re-animated corpse to me.

12. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

The delay is, at the very most, about 5 seconds or so. Unless you happen to be right on top of Hidan when he injures himself, there is no way you're gonna be able to stop him.

It's not like Hidan is just going to stand there while someone rushes him.

13. unapimper Member

Guys, it's all very simple!

Asuma didn't feel pain at first because Hidan was STILL in the process of drawing the new circle! Once the circle is complete, the curse is complete. And we all know when the curse is complete, the pain is IMMEDIATE.

So in other words, I'm sad to say... Asuma is done for. :(:(

Unless Kishi throws the most absurd plot twist in the next chapter!

14. Duttyman Momochi Mist and Sand Demon

my theory is that the closer u are the longer the delay in damage.. and if u both are in the circle hidan gets the pain

15. bagelgod Coolest guy ever

Ok, I don't understand why everybody wants hidan to die, but I'll post my thoughts on your theory.

Everyone loves to talk about how he got up, said stuff, and didn't cough up blood till a few pages later. Has nobody considered the suspense angle? That those panels were drawn only to show suspense between the stab and the wound? Like in all those samurai movies where the two samurai slice each other, then they stand there not facing each other for a few minutes, and then blam, someone explodes in blood. Suspense! Thats what I think those few pages were about. But thats opinion.

Why would it become fatal to the person inflicting the pain? If he's out of the circle, wouldn't he just be stabbing himself? I mean, in the circle, he stabs himself, and hurts the other person. Out of the circle, he just stabs himself. I could see it mattering if he wasn't, you know, immortal, but I just don't jive with it. If it was a boomerang effect, it would only deal double damage. No reason it would be fatal, that part seems sort of tacked on.

Asuma will die, Hidan will pwn!

16. Deeo 8

Quoted the truth

17. Wrath Mourning

Nice theory. I particularly liked the way you reposted exactly what I said, half an hour after you read it, without giving me any credit for it. :p