1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[327] And the point of that whole Arc was....

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Drama, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Drama MEGAN's F0X-y

absolutely NOTHING..
    it seemed like it was just a filler arc seriously. like we didnt even get a explination of Hidans powers or what the hell kind of person is Kakuzu.
    There was no proof of Azuma is Siritobi's son, i didnt see a point of putting that scene where he was in the grave and nothing to show for it.

Tags:
  2. bagelgod Coolest guy ever

To set up Asuma's dramatic death....hopefully.

3. frizbee1 The Black Swordsman

Akatsuki Leader is a badass?

4. TenshiOni Active Member

No proof? Asuma said it himself.
    He doesn't have to summon monkeys and pull off Kage-level jutsu to prove he's the son of Sarutobi.

And this arc served four purposes:

1. Naruto's first steps to creating his own original S-rank or higher jutsu. Naruto learned in this arc that, with the help of his Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, Yamato, and Kyuubi, he could multiple all future trainings of his by 1,000 fold.
    2. The introduction of two Akatsuki members who will be used in the future plot (if we learned all their tricks then they wouldn't had to have died, and if they did, bijuu extraction would be a pain in the ass for Akatsuki). Introducing all of Akatsuki before killing them off will make writing the story easier for Kishimoto because he won't have to stop and explain each character's personalities and basic tricks.
    3. Akatsuki gained two more bijuu
    4. Assuming Asuma dies, his death will give Naruto, Kurenai, Kakashi, and Team 10 a whole new resolution to fight Akatsuki for the rest of the manga. So, character development galore for a ton of people.

5. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

To add to TenshiOni's post...

5. We got a nice decent break from Sakura and Sai. Almost nothing to do with team 7 besides Naruto's training, which wasn't even a fight against an enemy so we don't get sick of him.
    6. Possibly will set up the next arc after the platoons search in the bounty station for Chiriku's dead body and capture/interrogate the bald man for information on Akatsuki.

6. TenshiOni Active Member

Oh, and:

7. Konoha isn't fucking around. This arc introduced the newly organized Ninjyuu Shoutai and a lot of our favorite Konoha characters seem to be apart of it.

7. wherezmytofu Better then you

8. TenshiOni Active Member

8. Return of the King

And this most importantly.

9. Franckie Shinigami Chop

It does feel like filler, but sometimes it's needed to control the pacing of the story. The only dramatic point was the possibility of Asuma dying but that's not even a sure thing right now since reinforcements arrived and Hidan & Kakuzu have been called back to the batcave.

10. bagelgod Coolest guy ever

Maybe this is going to usher in a new era of no silly filler ninjas...everybody get's a unique skill of some sort now...

11. Drama MEGAN's F0X-y

1. No because this arc started when Team Azuma againts Hidan and Kakuzu.
    2. Yes but we already seen their personalities from killing the jinkuhuriki and the monk. As for moves we seen it but as of now its not even impressing because it doesent even seem possible even in Naruto Verse, Immortality? pfff.
    3. Ok, woop di do.
    4. Thats the only one i can really back up, so again Naruto will use his own jutsu for the first time to kill Hidan and Kakuzu, which is another proof that everyone else in Konoha is a weakling and Naruto owns all once again.

Edit like what the hell i didnt even see Team Azuma do anything but get themselves get owned, with Shikamaru with 200 IQ and growing didnt even DO ANYTHING WITH THE TEAM and plan a strategy! so weak. i wanted them to show some skill atleast, i mean 4 on 2 doesent matter who it is its a big handicap.

12. Suigetsu Legendary

super strong? just cause he got a bunch of crows?

you have to be kidding me, in that case I am a Kage Level Ninja, cause I can do the same.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  13. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

It's Asuma, not Azuma.

It was 2 vs 4, where the 2 that were involved was Akatsuki. You sure;y can't blame them for losing. Plus point number 2 is wrong because those two characters were introduced when fighting Nibi... which WAS at the start of this arc.

14. Boreas Youma's hunter

That's incredible that you could think that way.

Actually this finally will make Konoha really interested in hunt Akatsuki. And that's good. They are not interested in Konoha only in naruto......and then... there are still 3 jinchuurikies beside naruto around the world which obviously will have to be saved, and sure they are not in Konoha.

On the other side... I believe that official fox hunting season is ready to begun. And i don't know if naruto is gonna survive even with the wind rasengan jutsu.

15. TenshiOni Active Member

I highly disagree.

This arc started when Hidan and Kakuzu were introduced, my friend. Chapter 312.
    Uh, calm down and let Kishimoto explain it? I'm sure Hidan isn't just magically immortal and it'll never go "Naruto-verse" explained.

Assume Asuma dies. This fight was necessary for him to meet that end.
    That's hardly a woopdeydoo.

Akatsuki only needs 4 more bijuu now. The quicker they finish the bijuu extractions the quicker this story can end, because it's quite clear Kishimoto doesn't plan to let the Akatsuki count fall below 9 before Naruto is the last jinchuuriki left.
    Wow, you have an annoying personality. Sad to call people like you Naruto fans, honestly.

They're fighting an immortal guy.

Use you head. If they had fought nearly any other shinobi that person would've died from Asuma's initial strategy.

Do you have trouble picking up jokes and sarcasm?

16. bagelgod Coolest guy ever

Erm...Hidan is Immortal, so Naruto's jutsu won't kill him...just a little nit pick...

17. geG Very Rude

The arc isn't over, you know.

18. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

I don't know why this wasn't pointed out sooner :mgai

19. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

I'm just enjoying the way this arc is putting things back into perspective concerning the strength of Konoha shinobi.

Akatsuki get to do so many impressive feats that people just run away with the concept of their strength, it's nice to see non- main characters get to show that yes, they can do more than throw kunais and die.

Really, what is going on right now is more or less (imo) an interesting way to kill time while Naruto learns his super jutsu. Focusing on the training would not only be boring as hell, it would also give away the end result, which will probably be sprung on us without many clues to it's final form.

Also, it get's Hidan and Kakuzu's initial fights out of the way, and showcases their strength while at the same time displaying that Konoha is also playing some serious ballgame here. That was 1 out of 20 teams Konoha dispatched, and the second team to arrive looked pretty badass as well. If these teams can ever converge on an Akatsuki pair in number, there could be some serious problems.

20. Trov Evil Conservative

Heh, I have a feeling this whole arc was basicly just to show the Old Rookie Genin what they really will be up against next. So far, Aside from Sakura and Sasuke. None of the others know about Naruto being a Jinnchuuriki and about the threat Akatsuki really is. With the whole conversation between Asuma and Shikamaru about the King and such. And With Chouji and Ino coming to the rescue(With the awesome Aoba) We may be in for a bit of revelation for the InoShikaChou team. And for a little something something with Kurenai...heheh.

21. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Seriously, the arc is probably not even half over. There will be the fallout from Asuma's injury, the Akatsuki meeting, more of Naruto's training and Hidan and Kakuzu's return and battle with Naruto.

22. SGLP Karate Kick

The purpose was to build up these two horrendous and atrocious Akatsuki members so Team Kakashi (mainly Naruto) can anally rape them without lube.

I call it like I see it.

{OMG I'M 21!!!}

23. Windy Soldierette

The arc isn't even over yet, that was just the first part. :O

24. gabha GB's Norman

Something I also haven't seen pointed out was the explanation of the Elemental jutsus.

25. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

Eh? People are calling the fight between Asuma and Akatsuki an arc now?

We've had so much that TO has already listed. Personally although the training may have dragged a little I've enjoyed it alot. The only thing that's brought it down is the schmucks who actually think Akatsuki could be taken down.

26. vagnard Well-Known Member

All I want to see right now is the Akatsuki's meeting. Now that we know most of the members it would be nice to know more about the interactions between members of different teams (a conversation betweeen Deidara, Hidan and Kisame would be funny)
    ....and of course get more info about the Leader and the purpose of the organization. All the members have the potential to be interesting characters so I want them to be fleshed a bit more....we can get flashbacks about them, etc.... it would be boring if the other members beside Itachi and the Leader were just cannon fodder for the secondary teams of Konoha.

27. Zorokiller Lives of your misfortune

it showed izumo's candy jutsu? isn't that enough?

28. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Fillers INTRODUCE NEW AKATSUKI MEMBERS since when? This thread makes no sense. Kishimoto apparently can't use support characters in a major role during a minor arc now.

And we don't even know if the arc is over.

29. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

Simple point:
    While Naruto trains, Akatsuki grows in power (they collected 2 Biiju)

Naruto will feel guilty for not being there to help and make some outrageous declaration.
    "I'm gonna clobber those guys! Believe it!"

30. 9TalesOfDestruction I hate filler

To push the plot forward a little but really focusing on giving us some insight into the side characters. Espeically hidan and Kakuzu....plus it hypes up the akatsuki by having them completly own the second/third strongest jounin in Konoha......

and to possibly kill asuma....who may or may not be connected to the AL....