1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[327] Kishimoto must really hate Kurenai's team.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Seelas, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Seelas

You know, since the timeskip there have been so many opportunities for Kurenai's team to shine. We've seen every other team in combat since then, EXCEPT for Kurenai/Shino/Hinata/Kiba. Team Gai got plenty of screen time during the Gaara arc, Team Naruto has been major in both of the previous two arcs, and Team Asuma showed their stuff against Sai and, for at least Asuma and Shikamaru, have been major players in this arc.

So we see Asuma's about to die. We see that Kurenai realizes this. We see that someone has come to their aid, creating a genjutsu to blind Hidan and Kakuzu. And who steps out from behind the genjutsu?

Aoba? What the fuck?

Kurenai and her pupils really need to get some fighting time post timeskip. This chapter was the perfect opportunity for it, and he avoided it, yet again. I don't get it.

Tags:
  2. ilabb

Maybe he's saving them for their own arc like Gai and Asuma's teams :O

3. Majob

As much as I wanted it to happen, it was made very clear to us that a rescue by Kurenai's team wasn't going to hapen, unless teleportation happens to be one of her skills.

We weren't given scenes of here reminiscing alone in her home for nothing.

4. S.O.T.R.S

they will have their time to shine later on.

for me i m waiting to see how much kiba and shino have improved.

5. Rori

Right now it's Asumas team to shine. Just wait, team Kurenai WILL get their part, just like the other two teams.

You just have to have patience.

6. Splintered

He's cycling through teams, now it's InoShikaChou's turn. Team Kurenai will have their time, but since this arc focuses on Asuma, of course their team will be getting have their time in the spotlight.

7. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Patience. The series isn't over. Just because they haven't showed up yet doesn't mean they will never show up.

Part 2 arc 1: Team Gai
    Part 2 arc 3: Team Asuma

Using this pattern, I wonder what arc 4, 5, or 6 will bring?! HMMMM.

8. Pyre's Plight

9. The Pink Ninja

Dude, I hate them too.

Well... not hate but they're far duller than any of the others. Only Hinata holds the slightest intrest for me and that partially so I can go "Hahaha" at Naru/Hina fans.

10. Darth Judicar

Yeah, this series is far from over. Patience is the key thing in waiting for them to get their spotlight. In my opinion it would be terrible to showcase Team Gai and Asuma but leave poor Team Kurenai in the dark.

11. guvvuf

It wasn't really Team 10's moment so much as it was Shikamaru's and Asuma's, as far as I could tell. Maybe that'll change in the following chapters.

AsumaKurenai is more or less canon now, and Asuma is badly hurt and possibly dying. That should certainly provide some motivation for Kurenai.

I look forward to seeing what, if anything, she has to bring to the table.

12. Ofkinheimer

Well, someone has to get the short end of the stick so.............

Plus, Hinata is a cheaper version of Neji and Kiba is a one trick pony. Not missing much there.

13. Rikudou Sennin

Hinata is a weaker version of Neji, Kiba is 'kinda ok' but seriously, how much akamaru+kiba attacks can you come up with? same goes for shino, only that shino is ugly to the boot.

Team Gai is by far the msot balanced out team, lee - taijutsu neji - hyuuga ryuu tenten - kenjutsu. Although Chouji is also lame as hell, the possibilities with Ino's family jutsu are endless and actually interesting. Not to mention Shika has always been viewed as an important side-chracter and his intelligence actually makes him serve a purpose.

Besides that, team 10 probably hasnt been shown much because NaruHina is pretty much dead in cannon. So it would break thousands of naruhina fans hearts when she shows up again and naruto still doesnt notice her.

14. KuwabaraTheMan

They'll get their time soon. Well, Hinata and Kiba at least. I don't really care either way about Shino. Of the 15 Genin, only Tenten is less interesting to me.

15. BattousaiMS

You expected CB team to get any better roles? Face the facts a CB will always be a CB no matter how you look at them. It's no wonder they only get to be on the fillers.

16. Woozie

Kishimoto will probably give them some major part on an arc to come.

The team Gai effort in the first arc was a joke, but I'm expecting them to fight Kisame in a full out fight in the future too.

There's plenty of these Akatsuki to be killed off.

17. TenshiOni

Besides the obvious answer of "Be patient," there's also the fact that Team 8 are undoubtedly the least important "main character team" in the show.

Team 10 has always been more important than Team 8.

Has Shino, Kiba, or Hinata gotten any flashbacks? Not really.

Has Shikamaru, Chouji, and Ino? Yes, the latter two have, and Shikamaru was included in Chouji's + he's gotten great charcter development and more action than any other character in the manga besides Naruto and Sasuke.

And then, who's more important, Asuma or Kurenai?

18. I Я Reckless!

Im really pumped to see Kiba, Shino, and Hinata in action.To me they are the most interesting team, and their abilities are perfect for each other in regards for teamwork.

I think they would be the most interesting to watch

19. The Pink Ninja

Sakura... Kakashi... Orochimaru... hell, Jiraiya and Tsunade have had more development if not more time.

Until this arc they were equal which is kinda what we were talking about.

20. TenshiOni

I only meant to apply the "more action" part to "other than Naruto and Sasuke."

Which I believe he has:

Forest of Death
    Chuunin Exam Perlim Match
    Temari
    8 Chuunin/Jounin
    Sound 5
    Tayuya (alone)
    Hidan & Kakuzu

I disagree.

Who got action in the War on Konoha Arc and who didn't?

21. The Pink Ninja

Eh, outside of Team Seven, Akatsuki and Oroichimaru I'd agree he was the most important character in the series.

Eh? He showed up and kicked a load of Oro's crappy henchninja. So what? He only did it because it was his student. If it'd been Kiba there Kurenai would have saved him.

Maybe I'd agree Asuma was more important but only because he get alot more time talking about his students than Kurenai does.

22. Seto Kaiba

Kishimoto must really hate Kurenai's team

Hmm, I blame fillers. But in all seriousness they are the least interesting team and more than likely the weakest of the 4 teams. I don't think they'd contribute much to considering Akatsuki's power, and also the reasons stated above.

23. Woozie

I guess you must have just missed the whole Hyuuga background thing then.

24. The Pink Ninja

That was Neji :tem

And Hinata's dad maybe.

25. I Я Reckless!

Those were for Neji, who is part of Gai's team

26. TenshiOni

But it was Asuma. So I conclude him to be more important than Kurenai.

And this is just a prediction of mine, with no real backing because I can't predict the future, but I'm going to make a guess and say Kurenai will never be as important as Asuma was assuming Asuma dies soon.

Asuma was the son of the Third, the Konoha Jounin with the most screen time in Part I besides Kakashi and Gai, a previous member of the Fire Country's 12 Elite Guardians, a memebr of the Ninjyuu Shoutai, the dude who explained Ibiki's speciality and Shikamaru's intelligence, the leader of Team 10 (who are more important than Team 8), Kakashi's buddy, a Jounin who got multiple page war on Konoha action, and he fought Akatsuki twice.

Kurenai may only do the last thing out of revenge before the story is over.

Ooh, assuming Asuma tragically bites it, I can't wait for Kurenai to kill Hidan or Kakuzu in revenge. (assuming Kishi gives her the chance)
    Bingo.

Get out of the anime.

Hinata wasn't even shown in that flashback in the manga, IIRC.

Though, I will say Hinata has gotten some decent character development. Better than Ino's.

27. Woozie

Yes, but Hinata was very much relevant for them. Without her, Naruto would have been just another bug for Neji to crush, as it was the Neji vs. Hinata fight that set it all up from the beginning.

You could aswell say Shikamaru and Ino hadn't had their own flashbacks either then.

28. KuwabaraTheMan

FYI, prior to this arc Kurenai had gotten more screen time then Asuma.

Just to settle that matter.

29. I Я Reckless!

30. TenshiOni

I'm not trying to say Hinata's character has bad development. She had some pretty good scenes in the Chuunin Perlims and right before the Third Round, but she's not going to singlehandely make her team more important than Team 10.

I did point out that Shika didn't have a flashback, but I'm sure you'd ageee that Shikamaru is far more important than every other non-Team 7 original-Rookie 12 main characters except for arguably Lee and Neji. His character development and screen time exceeds most, easily.

And Ino was in a flashback - Sakura and Ino pretty much shared one. It was thanks to that flashback that we learned more about Ino's chracter so it was significant.

Hinata got 1 meniton in 1 or 2 panels in a flashback about the Hyuuga in general. We didn't learn anything about her in that flashback.
    I really can't believe that based on memory.

Got panel count proof? (I know someone compiled a nice list)