1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

[328] Is AL...?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Dariusd, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Dariusd

No.328:第十班
    No. 328: Team 10

角図「行くぞ飛段」
    Kakuzu: Let’s go, Hidan.

飛段「あのクソリーダー今度呪ってやろーか ったくよー!」
    Hidan: Fucking leader! I should curse him next time, goddammit!

*translation by pocketmofo*

Everyone kept stating how AL rules with an iron fist this and that, but certainly if we have Hidan making these comments, he might not be as feared as one would expect? thoughts?...

Tags:
  2. Grrblt

I kept saying AL does not rule with an iron fist. It was apparent from the moment Sasori talked back to him and Itachi hesitated to tell what Naruto looks like.

Doesn't mean I don't think he's the strongest of the bunch, but they follow him because they want to and he couldn't solo any two members at the same time.

3. Descent of the Lion

Actually it's the opposite. Note, Hidan is like a kid. They curse their parents behind their back but never to their face...this is because AL IS that big and bad..Hidan isn' going to do this. Look how they just dropped everything. And AL doesn't care if he does fustrate them..why? Because he isn't scared of what they could do.

If AL wasn't as bad as we think he is why would these guys do what they're told...even if they don't want to? See...AL has these guys on lock, and the only thing guys like this understand is power.

4. Futagokage

Big he is not, he is smaller that Kisame.

Bad, yes, he create a group to reunite the Bijuus, and do not care killing their jinchuuriki to attain his goals. Killing others forselfish reason is stated as bad usually

Powerful, well, He is the leader after all...

5. Dariusd

There are lots of theories/posts based on just one comment, I fail to see how this is any different...

Just commenting on the fact that mostly everyone believes if AL says jump everyone in Akatsuki says how high, which is perfectly understandible.

6. Grrblt

Hidan: Fucking leader! I should curse him next time, goddammit!

7. Mikazuki no Mai

Seems like he is talking to his enemies in this case.

8. Marsala

Hidan said right here that the guy is their leader, though I agree that he doesn't rule through fear.

It's quite likely that Itachi will get into a real quarrel with the leader over the Kyuubi in the coming Akatsuki meeting; this should show the leader's true relation to Itachi. Last time, Itachi submitted, but this time, Itachi may be unwilling to give up the Kyuubi to yet another opportunistic Akatsuki pair.

9. Descent of the Lion

He does rule by fear...thats why Kakuzu told Hidan to shut up and that's why Itachi obeyed him like a "b". Hidan was just talking smack behind the leaders back...he most defenantly won't do it for real. You just get those stuborn "kids' that don't know when to shut up for their own good. They're either too stupid(Hidan) or too arrogant(Sasori) to obey without talking back.

10. Futagokage

yes, ad they are also pretty fragile indeed.

I do not want to repeat some points, but let just wait and see, you may be right and the AL is a more "behind scenes" villian than a powerhouse (I doubt it because this is shonen, but it could be).

11. DeepThought

12. Dariusd

How is that ruling through fear, it seems more like being smart? Why talk back to someone and make things more difficult when ultimate you just want to get what's due to you. Whatever he promised these guys they seem to all want it, it's not like the type of fear we've seen Orochimaru display over other characters. Never bite the hand that feeds you seems to apply here..at least until after you got what you wanted. It would be interseting to see an all out Akatsuki mutiny. Or AL doing some display of power to show why he's not to be messed around with.

13. Woofie

Well, I suppose it is fear of some description, but that fear could be of anything. For example, they may fear missing out on getting some of the power of the bijuu, because the Leader will ban them from his little club... which wouldn't indicate that he was strong or 'bad', just that he had the power to decide who gets the rewards from Akatsuki's achievements. It could be that they fear getting their ass kicked, but that certainly isn't the only explanation for Itachi and Kakuzu obeying him.

14. Futagokage

Na, fear is unlikely, Fear workers may rebel against you, I think they are more convinced or accord to the last plan (we do not know the final objective, but the Akatsuki members may).

If there is a lot of money in game, Kakuzu would do anything.

15. Descent of the Lion

Not neccisarily..from what I've seen these guys seem kind of forced to get bijuu and from what Hidan has said, it really isn't Priority for them. It's the leader's priority. Kakuzu held off on finding a jin to cash in the monk(forgot his name) and Hidan seems more worried about completeing his rituals. Oro left for crying out loud. I doubt they're doing this for bijuu power cus if they were I'm sure Orochimaru would put up with whatever he didn't like to get the strongest chakra ever.

16. Kyuubi Naruto

First of all, he didn't say that to the Leader's face.

Second of all, he could be talking about Shikamaru and co which I think truly happened.

EDIT:
    Going by this statement it seems he was talking to Shikamaru and co, not the Leader.

Really the Leader caused Hidan to leave without his ritual which he's never done and caused Kakuzu to leave even though Asuma is there who's worth alot of money. Two things which they put over capturing a Bijuu surely and they left because he said it. That is impressive.

17. SeruraRenge

I always figured that Hidan is talking back because in his mind he's going "Yeah, I just told you off! I'm immortal and enjoy pain, what the fuck are you gonna do about it?!"

18. cognitivedissonance

He said "leader"... he could be talking about no one but the AL.

sorry if my trans. wans't clear there.

19. The Times

He was too pussy to say that when the Al called them back, though. If he really though that, he would have told AL to shut up, and gone back whenever the hell he wanted to. If Hidan was stronger, to make his/their ambition come true, the AL would have to listen to Hidan. Their ambition relys on each other cooperation, not one of them barking orders at the other, like the AL does.

So, that makes me think that the Al is the strongest, and nobody backtalks to him.

20. Spanish Hoffkage

There's no balls in the series to do that.

21. mmzrmx

As stated by others if Hidan was so serious about it, he would say it to him directly. Not murmur about it behind the AL's back like a wuss. Just seems like he is angry and lashes out when the guys not around.

22. ab56v2

23. Deeo

24. Spanish Hoffkage

When Hidan returns to seal the Sanbi he's gonna be bitchslapped by the AL. What do you bet???

25. Susano-o

Just LOOK at his fucking dynamic entry last chapter. And mumbling like Hidan did (or Sasori or Itachi in the past) can to a certain extent be compared with unruly kids afraid to be spanked by their abusing father.

26. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    all you guys who think the AL is so much more powerful than his fellow akatsuki are setting yourself up for a big dissapointment.

27. Spanish Hoffkage

28. Descent of the Lion

The Fear will take his chances. Quote me if you want:

AL wil be the baddest shinobi ever shown alive(or undead as the case may be) in the manga. No one ignores him. Not even "all powerful" Itachi.

29. Jink

It's not like Hidan said it to his face. O_o

30. Kimi Sama

Methinks Hidan was just bitching, because he's immature like that.