1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[328] Next to go

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by lazer85, Oct 19, 2006.

1. lazer85 Member

So since this is probably not the last death of a non-villainous important character in the series, who do you think will be the next to go? Will it be at the end of the series or will it be sooner?

I am 99% convinced that Neji will die, at least if the anime episodes of post neji/naruto fight are accurate to the manga. There was some major hinting around there. Following in his footsteps, all his talk about fate, it just seems natural that he'll die protecting the hyuuga like his father did. And what kind of symbolism do the birds have?

I like the idea of kakashi dying at the very end of the series. He's probably my favorite character but I think it could add to the plot. I think it's very possible too.

Tags:
  2. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

Nah Neji has to live to witness Naruto changing the Hyuuga clan. His uncle is far more likely to die. My personal favourite however is Iruka. Honestly he has long outplayed his usefulness in the story. The only way he could affect anything is by him dying.

3. Hibino Superhero

No, I think Neji will live. I'm afraid that the next good guy to die will be someone important like Gai or Kakashi(I love them). But we know Kishi, he don't like to kill off characters. I doubt that there will be any death in the near future. If someone going to die, it will happen near the end of the series.
    Good job killing of Asuma, Kishi...very brave.

4. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Kakashi/gai seem really doomed to me.

If Kurenai is not preganant, her life may be over in a flash, I doubt that any of the Rookie 9 die, but i will be happy if I am wrong (well, sad as well, is the confratation between characters your like and the story development).

Anko seems pretty doomed, if she return to be important.

5. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

The fact Gaara survived the extraction and that Neji and Chouji lived through their fatal wounds should show to you that none of the kid characters will die. It just ain't gonna happen. Even Obito lives on as Tobi.

I'm putting my money on Jiraiya, Tsuande, Gai and Kakashi.

At some point anyway.

6. Hagen You're gonna hear me roar

Gai , owned by Kisame.

Then Lee will open the 8 gates (and survive) to avenge his sensei.

Tsunade, Jiraiya , Gai, Anko, Kurenai and Kakashi will be worm fodder at the end of the manga imo.

7. forkandspoon The only things that never end

THis is easy, the 5th hokage will die.

8. Majob Leatherneck

I'm leaving it to chance but I'm willing to bet the rest of the character deaths are going to be from the Special Jounin pool (Genma, Aoba, Anko, ect)

9. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

Kakashi won't die, but Tsunade and Jirayia will. Symbolizing the passing over to others (Naruto and Kakashi, for that matter, Kakashi becoming the next Jirayia, powerful and isolated, writing the next gen of Come Come Paradise, and Naruto becoming Hokage, growing breas... wait, no, that's just weird).

Gai will die, yes, and so will Kurenai, avenging Asuma.

10. Jin-E Well-Known Member

Tsunade, Gai, Iruka and Jiraiya.

Tsunade and Jiraiya so that the old Sannin trio will be extinct(since Oro will die aswell)

Gai will die to show off the ultimate gate tech and motivating Lee in a life or death fight.

Iruka because of the impact on Naruto

11. Soljah Super Ghost

Kakashi won't die he has to surpass his father/ we need more closure on rin and obito if the tobi deal is revolving around him. And i can't see Gai dying but i can see the lesser jounin dying.

12. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Gai, Tsunade, Kakashi are next.
    The more death there are, the more dramatic the story will be

13. Woozie Active Member

Tsunade, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Gai, probably Kurenai...

14. DJ-Kage Hidden Village of Sound Kage

Gai dies and on his funeral scene Kakashi reveals that he actually cared about their silly rivlary.

Neji won't die because, let's face it, he had his chance, and he missed it.

Kakashi living on is mostly fanboyism on my part.

15. geG Very Rude

Tsunade's really the only one I'm really sure will die. There's been a lot of hints and foreshadowing already.

16. Black Swan Active Member

It would also have the greatest effect on naruto, b/c naruto views iruka as a father type. Naruto would be devarsted, and be able to empathize more with sasuke. If Iruka does die I hope its at the hands of sasuke, maybe that will get naruto to jump of sasuke's johnson.

17. Majob Leatherneck

You're seriously kidding yourself if you think character death makes a story more dramatic.

Wasn't much drama when Hayate died.... More like a "Hmmm...when the hell did that happen?" or "Damn! That fool was pwned!!!111.

Drama can be achieved without a body count.

18. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

Sasuke. Yup.

If Gai dies i seriously think i would have a breakdown..

19. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that in order to finish his work of redeeming the Sannin, Jiraiya has to kill Orochimaru. There's a good chance, having completed his meaning to the story, that Jiraiya will die too.

As far as Tsunade and Kakashi go, I believe that they stand in the way of Naruto's succession to the "throne" of Hokage. For this reason, I think they may both be marked for death.

Lots of people seem to think that Gai is gonna go, but I see no "structural" reason for it. In fact, I think Lee has demonstrated a more rigid Nindo in that regard than his Sensei, though I don't think Lee is headed for an early grave, either. I will say, though, that until the most recent chapter, I regarded Lee as the member of the Rookie 12 most likely to die. Now, I think it's Shikamaru.

EDIT: Also, I think it could go either way on Sasuke's death. Jiraiya is the redeemer of his generation. His student, Naruto, fills the same role. In order to surpass Jiraiya in this matter, Sasuke must not become Orochimaru, that is to say, irredeemable. So, the only way Sasuke can die is in a redeeming way, as a sacrifice. However, such a death is not required.

20. 4ghost Seimei

I can't really predict the next to go, but I can predict the scenario that will lead to Gai's death. It will have to do with a serious attack on Konoha threatening all in the village's well being.

It would be at that moment that Gai would have the "many precious people to protect" and drop his likely weighted down flack jacket and release all Eight of the Celestial Gates. On top of that it would be Kisame that would be the serious threat.

21. Spartan9 New Member

Personally if Kishimoto wants to make the story more dramatic by killing characters I'd rather see him kill Tenten and / or Ino than people like Kakashi and Jiraiya.

Unfortunately I believe Gai is going down in 8 gate fashion at the very least, i dont even want to think about other characters.

22. DJ-Kage Hidden Village of Sound Kage

Sorry man, but even if Akatsuki came into Konoha to kill every single ninja there, they would still overlook Tenten, even if she stood alone straight in front of them throwing kunais in their faces.

23. KingofWac Member

I agree with some of the others. I think the potential candidates to die are Kakashi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and either Gai or Lee (since its been implied one of them will open 8 gates and die a glorious death, most likely vs Kisame). However I really doubt any of the teenage characters will die, so I think Gai will die using 8 gates. I think we won't see Kakashi's face until he dies either, I think it is likely he will die to some very powerful character, possibly Itachi. I can also see Jiraiya or Tsunade showing up in battle again and possibly dying to Orochimaru or one of the upper tier Akatsuki.

24. MFauli Guardian of the Big N

Fixed :laugh

25. Alekzu White and nerdy

I agree with the people that say Gai. The theory with him opening the 8 gates seems plausable. Tsunade will probably die too imo. I don't think Jiraya has to die. I can imagine him returning to his solitude at the end of the series, when Naruto has made it to become Hokage. Kurenai might die. The cliché "joining her beloved in the after-life" might be used.

And then we have only one of the jounins left: Kakashi. I can actually seee him dying at the end of the series. Not impossible at all. I can't really imagine him following in Jirayas footsteps, but it's always an option. I really don'*making it more reat think any of the teenagers will die, although killing of one of them wouldn't be wrong. It won't be Tenten though... She is of none importance. Iruka might die b/c of the impact it would make on Naruto, but he might not die b/c he's simply not as improtant anymore in the story.

Wow... we are predictiing many deaths here. And yet I doubt there will be THAT many. I mean, all of the bad guys gotta go sooner or later too.

26. Gambitz Active Member

As sad as it is, i think the next shinobi to go would either be Gai or lee probely at the hands of kisame...:cry

27. Ghost05 The Ghost

I think many of the Jounings will die before the series ends. Gai has had a walking death sentence over his head since he mentioned that opening the 8th gate can kill you. Kakashi will probably die to protect his teammates.

The original rookies are 'safe' at the moment I believe. I don't believe Gai will hit it yet, since he'll probably open the 8 gates to kill Kisame, but I believe Tsunade will hit the bucket soon, probably protecting Naruto in the process.

28. VektorX New Member

the only way neji will die is by protecting Hinata. And since neji is Rock Lee's "eternal rival", rock lee and Neji have to die at the same time.

Same goes with Kakashi and Gai, since they are eternal rivals, they will die at the same time / same battle.

I'm afraid it will be double deaths from here on out unless they are minor characters with no rivals. (sakura / ino, sasuke / naruto, gai / kakashi, rock lee / neji)

29. Alekzu White and nerdy

I agree with nearly everything. Although I don't want to see another Gai vs Kisame. But I think Tsunade will die at the end of the series. Or she'll die soon, but not for protecting naruto (maybe not the entire reason at least), but perhaps b/c of Danzous ploting. I want to know more what he has up his sleeves. Wich made me think that Sai might actually die. I'd say it's kind of probable that Sasuke will kill him. There, I found a teenager to kill of. Now I'm satisfied. :amuse

30. Alekzu White and nerdy

Nah, I don't think so. The rivals don't have to die at the same time. One dies, and the other one comments that he will miss their rivalry.