1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

[328] So, Ino's design completely changed now?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Louchan, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Louchan

Don't know if this has been said yet or not but I'm sure we all know of our dear Yamanaka Ino's new hair style which she changed to after the timeskip.
    (Which she obviously stole from my Deidara, that bitch...)
    However, in the flash backs in this chapter, where team 10 first come together and such, that giant murder lock of doom she used to have popping up out of her forehead is nowhere to be seen, instead she still has a Deidara-emo-bang near one of her eyes that is as flat as her chest.
    Did Kishimoto decide to change Ino's design not only after the timeskip but before it as well?
    I'm a bit disappointed since pre-timeskip Ino had my favorite hair style out of all the kunoichi.

Tags:
  2. Red Viking

I was actually gonna mention this but half way through writing the thread i just thought 'stuff it'.

I think it's like an artistic mistake. Perhaps Kishimoto didn't realise what he was doing when he drew it. Or it's just a silly little 'easter egg' Just like in the chapter where Hidan got Asuma's blood. Right before his scythe struck, you see a pic of Hidan upside down with the Konoha headband.

4. Mizura

But the hair is increasingly irking me. =\ Doesn't it get it in the way?

5. Svenjamin

I have seen so many girls with that kind of hair on the street. I don't get it!

And what the hell is with women's sunglasses these days! They are getting massive!!! What is this? A new fashion trend? Are Insects really in now?

6. Mizura

Oh by the way, am I the only one who still doesn't see Ino's forehead protector anywhere? :oh;

7. isanon

i like her new design its only natural that people change, i mean how mant 15 year olds look the same as they did when they where 12

8. Blood Raven

I like her new design. Makes her look much better, and hotter smile-big

9. Wrath

The flashback took place before we first saw Ino in the manga, so we have no idea what she looked like. She simply changed her hairstyle before the Chuunin Exams, and then later decided she preferred it the other way and changed it back.

10. fukush

11. Splintered

Well, it's not a huge deal for me, but I liked her pretimeskip hair much better. >_>

12. Castitas Lilium

It just strenghtens my hope that Deidara and Ino once met when they were younger.

13. Bisuke

>>

Kishimoto can do whatever he wants with his characters. looks like he finds the "new" Ino cute than the "old" one.

14. Louchan

15. Spy_Smasher

:nuts Ha! Had this exact thought a couple of days ago. That is one fashion trend that is not going to stand the test of time -- unlike the Deidara-emo-bang. :wink

16. joedoebell

I noticed this too. It's no easter egg, it's a mistake (but I guess we'll just call it a retcon). And we don't just know what Ino looked like right before the chuunin exams, we saw her within the first couple episodes when she was racing to class against Sakura. That was what? The of or the day before their team assignments? And the flashback we just saw this chapter was the day she met her sensei which was what? The day after the team assignment?

I like Ino's new design, but at the same time he's been drawing her rather poorly during this whole exchange with Akatsuki. She just doesn't really seem drawn three dimensionally. The hair keeps coming across as very flat, and when she jumped down to Asuma she looked a bit manly.

She's sort of like Cameron Diaz to me now. She was really pretty in the Mask, and then hollywood realized she was pretty and put way too much makeup on her in every other movie that followed, totally spoiling it.

Wrath, have you been making those Naruto smileys? Why don't we have one on here for Ino? :(

17. Jackal Iscariot

18. Magenkou Sasuke

What because it's totally impossible that the flashback in question could have taken place during the 2.5 years Naruto was away training?

For all we know Ino changed her look within a few weeks of Naruto's departure.

19. uchihahime

I believe the flashback Louchan is referring to is the one where Team 10 first meets Asuma and they become a team. She most likely didn't have her hair the way she does now back then. I think it was just a drawing mistake though.