1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

[328] The king again

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Delita, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Delita

The way I see it asuma says the word "you" to shikamaru as his last word. Hence the Asuma...you... That means.... And to fill in the blank in my head that means that asuma sacrificed himself for shikamaru. When asuma called shika a knight he was saying that shika would be a knight to his "king". Asuma is just a pawn,a sacrificial piece, to his king. In other words the king is a metaphor and changes from person to person to what is most important to you.

Tags:
  2. nefer_sbedjieb

I still wonder who is the king... (most people think it is Naruto... but I guess there is something more behind that...)

3. warrior1000

i think the king is Konoha, because they all die to protect it.

4. Raptor

In a way Naruto is more important than Konoha itself. If the akatsuki gets all 9 biijus the world is screwed. Even if the city falls, as long as the people live they can go on.

And Naruto is the key element in all that.

5. Majob

I'm still betting on it being something we haven't thought of...

6. Raptor

Well I don't know much about Shogi but the similarities between the game and the characters of the current arc is blatant obvious. Hidan and Kazuzu are also names of shogi pieces, Shika is a knight, Asuma a pawn.

And the objective of Shogi as far as I know is to get the enemy king. That's the akatsuki objective right now.

I think :headscrat

7. DeepThought

That's the logic most people use. It points to Naruto.
    Why other people come up with other stuff is beyond me.

8. Raptor

It always happen with anything. I don't know and I'll never know why people like to go against reason here.

9. Majob

Because there's no fun in the blatanly obvious.

10. Raptor

11. Majob

I wouldn't call it stupidity in some cases, just wishfull thinking.

I'm wishfully thinking that the King is going to be something other than the obvious, when I know pretty damn well that it's only logical that the King would be Naruto because of pretty much all the evidence pointing in his direction..

12. Akechi

Asuma was owned thoroughly, and had the leader not recalled Hidan and Kakuzu, they all would have died. I do believe they also said they would be back to kill them.

So Asuma died for absolutely nothing, he was just thrashed by a better opponent. Which is a little sad.

13. Raptor

My bad then, most of the time. Every time I come to the library and the telegrams there's always 1. a stupid theory, 2. an idiotic thread, 3. idiotic posts, sometimes a combination of 2 and most of the time a combination of the 3.

Now on topic. For all clues that have been shown so far, I'm almost 100% sure that the king is Naruto. Almost, that's it.

14. nif

the king = the people of konoha :nod

15. Raptor

Now this is a good reasoning. Rep for ya. When I can that's it. that 24 hours limit is anoying some times :/

16. Majob

Asuma did die for something, he died in the line of duty, protecting his village.

Asuma was ordered to pursue the Akatsuki, he pursued and was killed in the resulting conflict. I find nothing but purpose in this death. When you fight in the defence of your homeland and it's people, regardless of whether or not the opponent is bigger, stronger, and smarter, there is purpose for your actions and the results thereafter.

Asuma wouldn't have fought otherwise.

17. Delita

Im sorry I think ur absolutely wrong. 1. getting sacrificed is getting thoroughly owned by something in order to gain compensation in the overall game. 2. Asuma knew he was weaker and that their team was disadvantaged from the beginning which is why he tried to take them one at a time and by surprise. 3. He put himself on the front line to be a guinea pig to the akutsuki members and to protect his team members. 4. He bought a hell of a lot of time for konoha, and revealed a large amount of the secrets of hidan and kakuzu. He was a damn good sacrifice.

As for calling this theory retarded. Sorry I dont think people always look at the big picture in things and define one king in their lifes. People are selfish and will protect the things that are the most important to them i.e. the king is the most important in chess. Asuma's king and the story's king are two entirely different things. All im saying is that asuma's last word was you. Just think about it. Asuma called himself a sacrificial piece a few chapters ago. Then he tells shikamaru that he sacced himself for him. shikamaru hates sacrificing pieces and now probably feels a little guilt for asuma's death.

18. Epizeuxis

I'm not sure that he actually bought a lot of time for Konoha, since the time frame from thier meeting Akatsuki, to thier retreat took only a few minutes in thier time. Due to the fact that Hidan & Kakuzu took a detour for the bounty, Asuma had no part in thier delay before the fight itself. Not only that, but his mission was not to delay them, but capture (or if that was not possible, kill) them.

And, they only really know that Hidan can "curse" his opponents, and harm them by inflicting pain on himself when he is in his cerimonial circle, that he is immortal (as far as they know), and that Kakuzu can sort of sew things up, and shoot out his arms. I'm not sure that that gives Konoha much to work with...

19. Delita

Yea I just got a little self righteous there because I am an asuma fan. Still I do believe he helped to reveal a good amount of justu from the two. The buying time argument I suppose is bull shit because they were retreating regardless.

20. Trash Bear

I don't know that making Kaku and Hidan show some of their moves was enough to give the konoha nins an advantage at all really. It doesn't matter if they knew the secret behind both their jutsus if the konoha folk couldn't stop Hidan/Kaku from using them. Sadly even with Raidou and Aoba there (Aoba being god jokes aside), Hidan and Kaku likely would have killed Skika and co, unless ALL of the remaining Konoha teams showed up at the exact same time, most likely forcing a tactical retreat (AL intervention also aside).

21. LordoftheAbyss

22. Kaizer Rage

Yes, Asuma died fighting BUT admit it he wasnt even a match for Hidan or prolly any Akatsuki members. On topic, I think the King is either Naruto or the AL which is Yondy :nuts