1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[329] Akastuki's Goals

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by sepe-taichou, Oct 26, 2006.

Akatsuki's Goals?

1. The best ever

21 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. They are so so, to be expected

25 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. I expected cooler goals

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. I've lost my faith

15 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. sepe-taichou

I personally expected much more than the usual clich? "We are goin to take over the world".

Discuss

Tags:
  2. NecroAngel

I don't really know what I expected, but this isn't so bad.

Sure, taking over the world is pretty cliche, but atleast this time they have a proper plan to do this. It's also far, far better than destroying the world for no apparent reason like most groups.

Overall I'm pretty pleased.

3. Deeo

It's ok. Nothing special but better than destoying sth.

4. kal20

We already knew from earlier episodes from chiyo that the Bijuu were used as tools in the past wars and that no one could really hold total control over them.

So i was a bit disappointed to learn that they are going to be used to start more future wars. I mean the whole extraction process and waiting for the correct timing ritual etc. I was expecting a bigger purpose that something will happen or appear once all 9 bijuu's are extracted like a door way etc.

Total control over all ninja villiages is a good idea (if your a james bond fan) I think i see Oro's goal being better now.

The anticipation hype of the akatsuki goal is over and a sure buzzkill, Although we still have hope that the anticipation in naruto's new jutsu's is still alive.

5. factorx3

Really, i just get completely dissapointed with that goals, I mean, in the theories thread there were so many chances better than that stupid "rule the world" thing. Even HIddan dislikes that whenever he doesn´t says nothing... I just hate thar goal, i just want to believe that Kishi is hiding something behind all that cliche... well...is just what i hope...

6. Dark Saga

It was expected for me,but i dont know after this speach for Aka goals,AL looking to my eyes less important character in Naruto than before,i dont think is the final villain anymore.

7. Grrblt

8. sunshine and gasoline

I don't mind the goal that much. But the AL explaining how they are going to go about it was the most gay thing I've ever read in a manga. He should have just said that they're going to take over the world; having him explain ever detail in steps made me imagine them like a bunch of angsty teenage boys plotting to take over the world.

Kishi hit another all-time low with that speech as far as I'm concerned. Up with par with the Gaara resurrection on the lame scale. Excuse me while I go and barf over some bad writing.

PS.
    What the hell is Itachi doing in a wanker org like this? Stupid!

9. Dark Saga

Yes that i mean too,i dont mind the goal,the speech bothered me,AL looks like jerk now in my eyes.

10. Futagokage

I was not si dissapointed, after all there are little things you can do with 9 bijuus.

Now seriously, I still want to see what they can do and how they are going to attain world domination, is about how not the final objective (after all there are high possibilities of being stopped).

11. Chatulio

Kishi has stolen Jio Freed from his brothers story and used hi as teh Al :XD:

12. hhmmmm

the fun will be how they take over the world, and if there are ultimately more hidden agendas (which wouldnt be that surprising)

13. Mat?icha

i really expected someting different, not only the world dominance. that really sucks.

14. DeepThought

At least they didn't wait to reveal their plan until Naruto was strapped to a table with a laser getting ever closer.

15. Alia_Atreides

Well, of course world domination would be there, but I wouldnt expect it to be the main goal. What does that mean, anyway? World domination... What's the point of it? Destruction? More money? Revenge? I hope there's something else, of course, or it's just silly.

16. Jh1stgen

I was expecting something where i would jump off my seat and my jaw dropped down~ But that didnt happen :(

17. nyce456

Yea the whole conquer the world thing is cool, but it seems that its only what the leader wants. From Hidan discussion with the leader we see that everyone in Akatsuki seems to have their own goals. Their just playing along to get what they want. Hidan even said, "I will not give my all to fulfill the goals of this organization" or something along those lines. I think there is going to be a conflict between members in Akatsuki. Also we have insight to why Orochimaru left the organization. It partially had to do with Itachi but we also see that their goals and his are different and he probably felt he wouldn't get to pursue his dreams. Hidan might pull an Orochimaru and leave the Organization because the Organization goals conflict with his own.

18. QuoNina

After this chapter, it becomes even more clear that Kishi is making Akatsuki look like a bunch of strong shinobi with poor management skills. A collective of them can be dumber than an individual.

They just run around having their own goal in mind, and oh my world domination with stage one, two, three, whatever, with a bunch of people that don't really trust you.

With obvious clues of Akatsuki's failure, Oro and Itachi are definitely more interesting villains.

19. Wrath

Actually, I really like this. World domination is to be expected from a villain group, but they have a plan that's interesting and actually thought out.

Even if the goal is cliche, the method is new.

20. Chatulio

They are becoming teh shinobi version of Mcdonalds :omg

21. sunshine and gasoline

22. bearzerger

Well, only a complete idiot would have expected anything less than world domination, but I'm really happy with the way Akatsuki wants to achieve their goal. No swedish pen- I mean power pump but a strategy that might actually work. Moreover the Akatsuki themselves are becoming a more and more realistic organisation not the usual Evil Overlord and his arselicking henchmen, but a collaboration of peers with separate goals and the AL being the first among equals.

23. Naruko Supporting Staff

Second and third options are really two different ways to say the same thing. I would've preferred an option of 'Not mind blowingly fresh, but still very solid, long live the Akatsuki!' or something like that.

Fact remains, *no* villains goals are fresh. There's only so much a human being can aspire to. Peace, prosperity, power. Pick one. Stop bitching. Let's enjoy how the story is told.

It's almost a compliment to Kishimoto's extremely good storytelling that with every turn in the manga, people bitch about how uncreative or unoriginal something is. It's like he's done some things so so well, we expect every stroke of the pen, and every word of text to be absolutely 1) epic and 2) totally 100% original. I've said this before, I'll say it again: there are no new stories. Just new ways to tell the same old stories. Personally, I think the Akatsuki goals are really despicably evil. I hate them more than ever, which is good, because that means they are worthy villains.

Bring on the next chapter!

24. Duttyman Momochi

The ultimate Goal of world domination doesnt bother me really..

What does bother me is the execution..

Kishi straight up jacked Metal gear Solid whole story line with that one for those who have not played Metal gear solid (1 thru 3)and are planning to dont click the spoiler button..

Spoiler:
    Right now Akatsuki = Outer Heaven.. In metal gear solid 1 and 3 we learned that the Goal of Big Boss and Liquid Snake was to create a world where the soldier would always be needed. They were disgruntled that wars were becoming a sort of puppet game.. Now akatsuki or at least the Leader is in this same mind state only in their world soldiers are shinobi..

Liquid and Big Boss wre planning on using the Metal gear to achieve there goal.. the AL is gonna use the biju's..

Now in metal gear solid 4 it seems that Outer Heaven has gained its goals and are now the ones who control when and how wars will be fought.. AL goal is to attain such a state..

Oh yeah i forgot to mention outer heaven is also a band of mercenaries just like what akatsuki is trying to become.. Both organization started with elite soldiers.. and are planning to or have expanded to a greater size.

No part of the scheme is real original.. now that i think of it.. from sandiames speech at chuunin exam to how wars are now fought'and oro's words to him about stirring the windmill. Kishi hinted on this.. To bad he jacked Hideo Kojima's idea of execution.

25. Naruko Supporting Staff

The idea isn't that original to him though, either. Anytime in history that you've seen a military junta execute a coup d'etat in some country, it's usually because there has been a state of war, feeding money and personnel into the military,and it looks like it's about to end and the military don't like that, they don't want to be downsized, so they just take over the country, which allows a war-state to continue.

It will still be interesting in it's execution here, I think. Extra bonus, it more or less guarantee's we'll finally get to see the other countries some more.

26. Guardsman Bass

I like the plan as it is conceived. Think about it; the minor ninja villages are starting to fall apart because the end of massive war is making them unable to support themselves. That leaves a pool of potentially talented, jobless ninja with no homes and no allegiances, plus enmity towards the Big Five.

Into this step the Akatsuki. After provoking a war, and establishing a powerful presence as good clients for the various Daimyo through several missions where they wield the power of the Biju as well as their own, they've got plenty of money, which they then use to build up a loyal mercenary organization, which they use to cover their lack in numbers if not in power (since unless you're willing to settle for puppet governments, 9 men simply can not rule the world).

Once they've crippled the major villages through both taking their major sources of income and depleting their ranks through war, they move to take power over the various countries. With no effective opponents, they simply take power, with most lords simply surrendering to them rather than being killed.

27. Guardsman Bass

At least, I think that's what might happen, considering that the AL mentioned the troubles of the lesser villages, building a true mercenary organization, taking the jobs from the Major Villages, and starting a war.

Again, there may be hidden motives underneath all this that don't coincide with the above.

28. The Phoenix

You should really look underneath the underneath.

That the Akatsuki leader says something, doesn't make it so. He could just be deceiving the rest of the members while he's really pursuing an entirely different goal.

29. ez

how boring...in the end they're just a bunch of war mongers out for world domination. Shitty.

30. SGLP

I've lost all faith that I've had for these pretenders. What kind of Micky Mouse oraganization is this crap?