1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

[329] Akatsuki's Plan: Who,What,When,Where,How. BUT WHY?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Coaxmetal, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Coaxmetal

WHAT: Their end goal is to conquer the world.

WHEN: Over a long period of time, however they are recently speading up their plans.

WHERE: Their activities are non-region specific and seem to encompass the entire Narutoworld.

HOW: (In a nutshell) They plan to take over the world in a three step process. First step is to aquire Bijuus and amass a large amount of money. Step two is to create a mercenary band of ninja's relying on their money to draw in ninja from small countries who no longer have villages because of economic decline. Akatsuki will also incite war throughout the world to facilitate their need. They will grow in power by creating a monoply on the war economy with their large sum of money and their bijuu weapons feeding their war machine made up of small country ninjas. This new state of war will inevitably hurt the five major ninja villages who rely on their peacetime econimics, in this day and age, to sustain themselves. So as Akatsuki becomes more powerful in this war time, the Major Ninja villages become weaker. In the Final step, Akatsuki will take advantage of the weakness of the Major Village and their respective countries and will use their power to take over the world.

Now, Akatsuki's goal, many have argued to be cliche'. Also, they plan that they are going to use to acomplish this goal has also been ridiculed. Wether these acusations are correct or not is not what I am concerned with in this thread.

HOWEVER, What I am concerned with and I have noticed that noone has asked yet is WHY? WHY DOES THE AKATSUKI LEADER WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD?

The WHY makes all the difference. The WHY can make a mundane even common goal seem interesting in a story. The WHY gives purpose to the action and is the root of the conflict. In the end, the WHY is what really matters.

For Example: In the manga Berserk, a manga many praise, the character Griffith's main goal is to have his own kingdom and he sets out to gain it by using a mercenary army that he created "the band of hawks" aswell as his charisma, intellangence, and leadership to eventually get him into power. Now this plan may sounds very mundane and cliche', just like Akatsuki's plan. HOWEVER, people don't seem to have a problem with it. WHY: Because of Griffith's reason for trying to do this which stems from his character. It is the WHY that makes it interesting and unique.

For any character, the reason(why) they do what they do is due to their character and the backstory that shaped that character. That is why people have little problem with Griffith's plan/goal because of his character and backstory which drives his pusuit.

We only have a glimpse of Akatasuki leader's character and we know nothing about who he is or his backstory. So we know nothing about his reason for setting up Akatsuki and attempting to takeover the world. This fact, when it is revealed, will make or break Akatsuki's ambition in terms of quality and originallity. The WHY will be deciding factor in the consideration of how good the Akatsuki's goal is story/character-wise and that is what truly matters.

So what I'm saying is, hold your judgement of these recent developements untill we know more about the Akatsuki Leader (his backstory, ideology, etc) and his reasons for attempting this.

All this being said, What do you think would drive the Akatsuki leader to make this group with this goal in mind?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Megaharrison Retired Staff

I find the goal itself fascinating.

However, It should be noted that we don't even know who this dude is yet. Never mind where he came from and what his personal beliefs are. His motives will be revealed in time.

But, I found this statement from the AL very interesting:

"Religion, beliefs, wealth, and land or just because. No matter how ridiculous the reason it becomes a reason for war."

Me thinks the AL views himself with an extreme superiority complex and Messiah mentality. He probably thinks that by him controlling war and the world, he can bring the planet into a new era of peace.

3. Coaxmetal

That is a interesting theory. Can't make an amlete without breaking a few eggs. If that is true, what I would like to know is how he got to that reasoning. Of course we need alot about his backstory to get to that and that is what I'm looking foward too.

Besides AL's backstory I also really want Oro's story. How in the world did he develop this mentality he has now? We know he was taught by the third, so where did he get this contrary ideas to the thirds from.

4. bearzerger

Powerhungry son of a biatch is my take on the AL.

5. Ghost_of_Gashir

Flag:
    Russia, Colombia

I'm thinking AL must be one of those ninjas who came from a small country and ended up being abandoned in favor of one of the big 5. That's probably why his identity isn't well known even if he's some uber-powerful ninja. He could be the greatest genius in the history of ninjas, but because he was from some rural village, he remains relatively unknown. This also explains a lot about why he wants to recruit the small village ninjas to help Akatsuki achieve their goal.