1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[329] If Akatsuki succeeds, will Deidara betray them?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Rhaella, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Rhaella

As is clear from his musings about art, for Deidara, permanence holds no merit. He values the temporary, the transformation.

I was trying to figure out what might be Dei's reasons for joining Akatsuki, since there's no way someone like him actually gives a damn about world domination. The maintenance of a world order is not something for which someone interested in the fleeting would care. However, the radical turnover of society and explosively unique manner in which Akatsuki plans to achieve their goal are sure to appeal to his aesthetic ideals. So he probably could care less about phase three of the plan, it's the second part that's an ultimate work of art for him.

Assuming this is Deidara's motivation, then, theoretically what would he be likely to do if Akatsuki is successful? I can't see him sticking around and working towards stability of any kind. In fact, I can see him turning around and working against Akatsuki, in the name of art.

It's unlikely that Akatsuki's plan is actually going to succeed that far, but I think that if it does for some reason or another, they'll be at least one traitor within.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
    Tags:
  2. TheUzumakiMassacre

Perhaps he wanted to see the bijuu and make art out of them?

3. Wrath

Much like Orochimaru, I'd say that Deidara is more interested in the process than the results. This plan is very long term, and even if the end result is boring to Deidara, the process is everything he wants.

And even then, it's not like the world will be completely ordered when they're done. There will always be people who want to fight and people who need others to fight for them. Deidara will have lots of opportunites to continue his art.

4. Rhaella

Perhaps, but I can't help but see him getting disillusioned with it once the actual explosion itself is over. Once part 2 is finished, everything will be contrived, and they'll be nothing spontaneous in their goal anymore. He might not turn against them completely, but I don't see his ideals as lining up to theirs in the long run.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  5. FadedBlack

interesitng, idea i think i can see what you say i doubt that he will ever turn on akatsuki tho...but i could see him leaving as i dont think he would have a purpose in the group after phase three, good thoughts now you got me thinking

6. Butō Rengoob

i actually see him as the second most likely to betray or just leave akatsuki( kakuzu being numero uno).

7. Bakage

Same goes for Itachi ("I'll kill all of you, just like what I did with my clan! Then I'll rule the world!"), ("I'll bind you all then kill myself. All of you will die! I'll rule over the world!"), Kakuzu ("Each of your heads costs more than 50m each. Yummy! Then I'll buy my own army and rule the world"), etc....

The problem? All of them be killed/pwnd by Naruto in the end so its pointless.

8. Rhaella

Kakuzu, hm? I guess I could see him turning traitor as soon as AL starts spending all that money. :p Hidan's way up there on that list too, of course.

Eh, I've interpreted Itachi to be more interested in a structure that allows one to reach ones potential instead of restricting one. I think this was his problem with the Uchiha. If Akatsuki is going to correct that problem, I see it matching up with his goals all the way.

And the one difference between all the scenarios you mentioned and the one I see as inevitable for Deidara is that someone like Dei really would have no interest in world conquest.

And, yeah. It's a possibility that they'll all be killed. But it's not a certainty, especially if some of them wander away from Akatsuki.