1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[329] Is Oro's Siginificance steadily declining or rising??

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Audible Phonetics, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

The past 2 weeks the topic of Oro's siginficance in Kishi's story line has been a hot debate. Currently we all know of AL's goals, many feel that because of those Goals Oro's significance has dropped to nothing.

I just disagree here...

I beleive that once Akatsuki builds its band of mercenaries, Oro will also be prepared to attack Konoha as well...It will be a 3 front war.....Oro will of course be Orasuke and that is where naruto will first meet Sasuke again for the 3rd time.....

The rest of this Arc will be devoted to Konoha building up its defenses, Naruto training, and possibly a glimpse into what Oro Kabu and Sasu are up to...

Tags:
  2. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Yes and No.

Orochimaru importance sure has dropped, after all we are seeing the Akatsuki in action right now, so in that sense his importance is downhill.

Thois will take us into 2 possibilities, Strong Orochimaru and weak orochimaru (well, there are like 1000 more, but I just want to talk about this 2).

Weak Orochimaru: They are going to try to defeat Itachi (Sasuke's goal) and the Akatsuki by themselves, this is going to end in the final confrontation against Naruto and in the end Orochimaru die, letting the Akatsuki as the main villians.

Stronh Orochimaru: We forget Orochimaru until they show during an important battle against Akatsuki, they help against the Akatsuki and after their defeat Orochimaru betrays Konoha and became the main villian.

I really do not know what Kishi is going to do.

3. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

Part 2 Time line:

Akatsuki arc
    Orochimaru arc
    Akatsuki arc
    ???

Focus is just going back and forth. Three way war would be pretty cool, but I don't know that Orochimaru has many minions left (He lost the Konoha invasion and the pillars)

4. Audible Phonetics #three 2 the dome

Yea I get what your saying about the whole Glimpse back and forth...But I beleive the rest of this Arc will solely focus on building up of defenses

5. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

This chapter convinced me that Oro will die in a few months. His ambitions and his following are too small compared to the Akatsuki. He's gonna get killed after Naruto and co botch his transfer into Sasuke. So he'll be pretty significant for the next arc but that's it. He has twice made a lucky escape but won't do it a third time.

6. Rudox What a Joke

Orochimaru will probably die at some point, but not anytime soon. He's a master at playing all the angles. He's the snake hiding in the grass waiting for the right moment to strike. He won't do anything dumb and get himself killed, especially since he's so close to getting Sasuke's body. I predict he'll be causing trouble for everyone until the end of the manga when has an epic fight against Jiraiya/Tsunade were they all die bringing closure to the Sannin legend.

7. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

The only Akatsuki members who seem stronger than Orochimaru are Itachi and the AL. So the closure to Orochimaru?s storyline will probably come when its time for Sasuke?s revenge

8. juUnior Member

I think that Oro is rising from what i can tell about from that chapter. Aka plans are simple, conquer the world etc. Oro maybe has some like that plans, but for sure he wants jutsus hiehie

9. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Orochimaru is the man. Now, he indeed has a goal worth... well, going villain for. Live forever, who wouldnt want that? Have his own village, and getting revenge and suffering to his enemies. All good. All works. All make sense. Orochimaru is selfish, and just thinks of himself, but we know he is having fun, having a good time, no one telling him what to do. To be honest, I think Orochimaru already has what he wants, the life he wants, and the rest is just details that can bother him from time to time. Orochimaru just grew in importance, if you ask me, and seeing how goofy the AL is, I now am convinced that the Big Snake will be the final villain.

10. Windy Soldierette

Rising.
    In this chapter we see that the Akatsuki's goals don't really have much to do with the main conflicts/plots in the story, so (just as I thought XD) they're not the final villains(that would be Oro/Kyuubi I believe) but are there to advance the plot and make the story more interesting.

This doesn't necessarily makes them unimportant - they drive the plot and advance it, but they just don't have anything to do with the main conflicts of the story. (except for Itachi)

11. Naruko Supporting Staff

Kishi is barely showing Orochimaru right now, mostly because when the Oro-Sasuke thing comes into play we're going to see a lot of him...no reason to burn us out on him before then. His significance isn't waning though. If Naruto loses Sasuke to Orochimaru (which he very well mght), it will kill some of Naruto's spirit. Naruto with a broken spirit is bad news for the countries if they want to survive a fight with Akatsuki.

12. Rikudou God of Logic

Rising, easily. He is currently weaker than at least AL and Itachi (not counting edo tensei), but he is too perfect as a villain as well.
    His ambitions are greater than his rival's (AL) and so are his means of achieving them. The AL is fixed on the Bijuu thing, while Orochimaru wants it all, but he has priorities, like bloodlines.

He wouldn't mind being a Jinchuuriki, but not without having complete control first. That's why he said he wanted Shodai's abilities. That's what Orochimaru's all about: Complete control of the situation.

A Shinobi with the right ability can defeat (almost) every demon, something Hidan (a junior Akatsuki member) and Dediara showed this.

Orochimaru is the only one capable of surpassing the normal boundaries that were placed on them through birth, simply because he has the ability to do extensive research. Itachi will allways be bound to the limits of his body, while Orochimaru would eventually combine Uchiha's bloodline with Kaguya, Hyuuga, etc.

Sasuke's just a first step into what he called becoming "the ultimate being", which you can interpret as 'God'.