1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[329] Kaguya clan & Oro's speech - foreshadowing of Akatsuki?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Woozie, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Woozie Active Member

Chapter 216, page 16

Orochimaru: "Those who attempt to fight against an organized military with brute force now, are only marching towards their deaths...."

This chapter we learned that Akatsuki are just mere mercenary band with a pure concrete goal of taking over the world...a band of 9 egoistic and arrogant fools trying to create an army to stand up against the 5 great nations?

Could this be one of the reasons why Orochimaru left the Akatsuki?

Tags:
  2. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Sounds pretty interesting, after all the "I was scared of Itachi" reason still seems weak to me.

3. Naruko Supporting Staff

I never felt he left cause he was scared of Itachi. He just couldn't 'own' Itachi and dye him in his colors, so no point staying. If you try to adopt a dog and the dog mauls you, call it a loss and move on. I think he was only with Akatsuki in order to get close to Itachi and see if he could take him in. I wouldn't be surprised if he scorned AL's reasons from the beginning as OP points out, Orochimaru doesn't see the point in war for war's sake.

Interesting you mention that clan though. Perhaps there was another survivor beyond Kimimaro? Or he might be from a clan like theirs, with a bloodline so specialized for killing it shaped their whole reason for being.

4. DarkLordOfKichiku Active Member

Could be. From his POV, brute force only (which is basically what the Tailed beasts, if used by the akatsuki, would be) isn't enough to fight all the world by itself - the Kaguya clan apparently had plenty enough of brute force, but event hen only that wasn't enough...

But on the other hand, wans't it he who said in chapter 116 that he "enjoyed watching things in motion"? So judging from those words of his, the Akatsuki would certainly satisfy his goals, as they want to "keep things in motion", apparently. And besides, it does make him a bit of a hypocrite to speak that way, as he himself attacked an organized military himself (konoha) - even if he was smart enough to not attack Konoha with only his own forces....

5. Grrblt Banned

Hardly. After all, Orochimaru did the same thing just a few years after leaving Akatsuki. He banded up an army (well, two armies) and attacked an organized military. He just wasn't as good at it as Akatsuki will be.

6. Ofkinheimer Active Member

Interesting. It is all coming together slowly.

7. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

No... they are trying to compete with the major villages. It's an economical battle.

8. Vodrake Member

They're not planning to fight the five great nations. They're going to create wars by utalising the Bijuu, then force the small villages to rely upon the Akatsuki mercenary force for the support neccesary to fight them. They plan to monoploise wars and eventually make the entire ninja world reliant on them. They're going to take over the world using corporation, not brute force.

9. Dionysus Brandy and Death

AL plans to make an organised military to compete with the established organised militaries, gain economic superiority. You didn't seem to understand what he said.

Oro made an organised military too. His plans with the Sound were sort of smaller scale Akatsuki plans.

10. Rikudou God of Logic

'Divide and Conquer' and that's all there is to say about it.
    It's not 'Make war and Conquer'.

11. Ofkinheimer Active Member

Narutoverse is already divided.

12. Woozie Active Member

I see, I just read it again and it seems like so.

Though if the five great nations already have stable clients that ensure their economy why would those clients be forced to rely on Akatsuki?

Of course they would first ask services from their former associates.

13. caius Member

The Akatsuki is going to start small and work their way up. For an established village like Konoha or Mist, they'll charge you a pretty penny for their services. But for smaller villages, or a mercenary group in this case, you have to ask for less as you are not yet well established or have a track record. If Akatsuki proves successful and grows substantially in numbers, they could easily undercut the major villages while providing a service of the same caliber.

14. Vodrake Member

That's why they're starting with the small villages first I suppose. By the time they start creating wars against the great nations they'll already have taken over or gotten rid of all the other mercenary forces, forcing the villages to rely upon Akatsuki for support.

15. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

I haven't read the chapters that entail the events around when we got to see the history of the Kaguya clan in the anime, but correct me if I'm wrong (because the following is hearsay), but was the history of the Kaguya clan, the little flashback we got to see, merely filler (as in: It wasn't in the manga)?

16. DarkLordOfKichiku Active Member

Well, in the anime we saw the Kaguya clan directly, so to speak - but Orochimaru did mention the Kaguya clan and what it was like sometimes during the Gaara-Lee-Kimimaro fight in the manga.