1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

[329] Naruto maybe going on far longer than I expected...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The Pink Ninja, Oct 26, 2006.

1. The Pink Ninja

So, until now I thought Naruto was coming into the final third of it's run; Rescue Sasuke, Naruto gets captured, extractiona dn a final showdown.

While that could still happen the Akatsuki army factor just adds so much potential to the story and what could happen. With this think of all the thing Kishi could put in!

I'm hoping for a real open battle in Konoha, not the ripoof we got last time that focused on pretty much 2 fights.

Tags:
  2. OniTasku

I agree. With this, it seems like Kishimoto won't be ending it after Akatsuki is all said and done with (same goes with Orochimaru). There are tons of options and paths for which this series could go. I think Kishi's vigor and enjoyment in the series is back.

3. Mute thunder

I'd have to agree, more ninja wars is good stuff

4. Marsala

It won't happen. Naruto will not turn into a long, boring political drama after the Orochimaru / Sasuke / Itachi plot is resolved. Akatsuki's plan is too long-term; they will never finish even collecting the bijuu before they are wiped out. We are not going to see the Akatsuki form a mercenary army and slowly foment world chaos; it's too dull.

5. Raptor

I see it going for at least 300 more chapters. More now that we learned what is Mr. Leader objective.

6. Naruko Supporting Staff

Definitely. At least it opens the potential for it to. Building a NWO takes time, and figuring out they're doing it and getting everyone else to cooperate (and rebuild their separate armies to fight back) will take time as well. Plus Orochimaru is still a wild card. After seeing how incredibly evil the AL's goals are, it's easy to dismiss Oro as a pedo-with-a-god complex, but I think Kishi will surprise us with him as well. Even if that *is* who he is, his own goals are somehow going to interfere with both sides to some extent and further complicate matters.

The only drawback to this - knowing a future with some more fillers, most likely. Or worst case, they stop making the anime eventually, just because.

Long as I have my manga. Next week with Kishi off is going to suck.

7. Kyuubi Naruto

Part 2 will end after Naruto beats Orosuke (with Sasuke's help from the inside) and Oro's extracted. Then the newly extracted Oro attempts to kill the weakened Naruto and the weakened Sasuke (from the extraction of Oro) and then the Leader comes and kill him instantly. Oro then dies.

After that Naruto and Sasuke go to train and when part 3 starts we find out Akatsuki has a full functioning village ready to go with their plans already in order from the get go.

It makes complete sense. This is a Shonen manga. Akatsuki's plans will come to fruit no matter if someone wants them too or not, the villains will have to go as far as they can go before they are finally put down.

Akatsuki's just turned themselves into long-term villains (if they weren't already). Oro's lifespan will end once Sasuke changes which should be sometime in the next arc or after based on Naruto's strength level because as soon as Naruto reachs Sasuke's level, he's going after him.

8. The Pink Ninja

If there's another timeskip during the real storyline (Not those "20 years on" things at the end) I'll swallow my blow up Sakura sex doll :sag

9. B.o.t.i

Thats whats basically happening in berserk & Im still like reading it.

10. Shepard

Indeed, the likeness of 2nd time jump is getting higher, maybe Kishi-san decided there should be a part 3 after all, wich IMO, would rock smile-big

11. Raptor

Honestly I don't see Oro going beyond the Naruto vs. Sasuke round 3 :/

If they keep up the shitty quality it has now it's better to stop it. Sad but true. The manga will continue so we won't have to worry about that.

You took the words off my mouth. Nice very nice.

Well gotta go. See ya :bees

12. bearzerger

Do you really believe that the Sasuke-Itachi drama will resolve itself before the ending of the manga? That's Sasuke's final goal you are talking about, without it he has no reason of existence and without Sasuke Naruto won't have a rival.

Akatsuki's plan being long term means that it'll be a long time until they are defeated as well or Kishi would fail at storytelling. Which means there'll be a timeskip where all the dull parts are covered and we'll skip right to the part where Akatsuki begins their actual conquest.
    Also you should take note that Kyuubi actually isn't necessary to pull off their plan. They want the bijuu as a weapon but not having one is just a minor inconvenience and nothing more.

Edit: I pretty much think the same as Kyuubi Naruto only difference is I believe either AL or Jiraiya kills Oro, Naruto and Sasuke just don't have what it takes as of now.

13. Gyroscope

Wont happen. Like Marsala said, plan is already revealed...no summoning of giant monsters, no making themselves invincible by becoming Jinchuurikis, nothing of that scale. They want to try and create an army and they will be taken down before that happens.

Like Marsala said, their plan is too long term. The Kyuubi will never get extracted.

14. SuperTyphoon

I've always predicted another timeskip, with a Yondaime-looking Naruto. I think it's very possible.

15. Rokudaime

Who know...Kishimoto might pull "Togashi-Sensui' scene from nowhere after the Oro/Akatsuki defeat?..the guy who want to open Bijuu realm.

16. shiroukamui

Look, the question is why would Kishi reveal Akatsuki's objective right now if the plan will still take a very long time to achieve? Why now? I will answer that question myself.

It is to lead Konoha to go against Akatsuki immediately. Remeber when Makoto Shishio announces his plan to destroy the current reigning power of Meiji era? After Kenshin & co. know that, they went to Shishio's HQ and bombarded them with many awesome fighting.

The same thing could happen. When Naruto knows about Asuma's death and Jiraiya's information source find about this, Konoha will be prepared and ready for the battle. It'd be too awesome to imagine. So, minna... Fasten your seat belts and enjoy Kishi's ride!!!

17. Cardboard Jewsuke

If you are talking abotu what i think you are, Sensui was planned from well before that. actually, the manga was planned alot futher then it ended, but he got rushed to finish it early.

18. Futagokage

It's a good theory, but many times the author do not see what the fans, so maybe the next objective of Naruto is "stop the war" and this never happen. Yes this is the pesimistic POV

19. Rokudaime

what I mean is..there probably have another villain who is much more powerful than Akatsuki/Oro...Who say that story must ended after Akatsuki/Oro?

Just look at Kenshin...we thought that Shishio is the final villain but No..

20. Gunners

Hah I was partially correct in that when they complete their goals I didn't think it would end right there, that there would be some kind of delay.

I think it will probably end up with Konoha youth flock taking down each of the somewhat gods or something.

21. MFauli

One problem in your all thinking is, that you think of Akatsuki as the final villain. I still see Orochimaru as the ultimate threat. Moreso, that AL seems to be just someone, who was dismissed from a village and seeks for rage. Such a guy cannot be the final villain, souns too filler-ish.
    Akatsuki, imo, is only another story, like the Zabuza-arc, only that it will lead into several following stories. Itachi will do something after Akatsuki is no more. Depending on who Tobi is, a story might follow. Then Orochimaru might have another plan. Then Sasuke laves Orochimaru, giving Orochimaru another shot for a plan, and so on.

And i really hope, the Naruto-series will go on for much longer. I always hate it, when a long, great series ends, so happened with Dragonball and Hunter X Hunter.

22. Axeman

The more I think about this chapter, the more it seems to me that Akatsuki will be the final conquest, so to speak. This plan doesn't just involve Konoha. It involves every single shinobi-tied country in the world. Every single one. That right there contains so much potential for development to the story it's staggering.

The scope of that seems so much more huge, compared to Orochimaru wanting to invade Sasuke, in order to gain a strong container and an ability to help him learn more jutsu. And that goes down in what, 3 months? World domination doesn't exactly happen that fast. At this moment, I think the whole Orochimaru/Sasuke stuff is gonna be resolved way before Akatsuki is brought to an end.

But of course, that doesn't necissarily mean Oro will be removed from the story, seeing as he's one sneaky shifty clever bastard. He certainly could end up being the coup de grace to the series.

It could go either way, but right now, I'm definately leaning toward Akatsuki.

As for the length of the series, yeah, I think it has more wind beneath it's wings now. It could go on for a long long time, but all of that is up to Kishimoto.

23. bearzerger

Kishi let the AL reveal the outline of his general strategy because we had to know exactly what role the Akatsuki are playing in the story. Before the only thing we knew was that they were hunting down the bijuu and nothing else. And now we know for certain that they and not Oro are the final enemy of Naruto.

And there's no devious scheme like in many other stories, it's a straightforward approach to power. There's no superweapon or demonic power or anything which will instantly give the Akatsuki world domination. It's a military/political campaign which isn't defeated by simple methods like throwing magical rings into vulcanos you actually have to kill all the orcs and goblins and storm the enemy fortress to defeat them. Especially since no one apart from the Akatsuki knows that that they have started to breed Orcs and where they are beginning to build their castle - so much for LOTR imagery.

It's the first time I see a real long term campaign in a manga, but I guess Kishi will follow the usual rules of storytelling, which means the Akatsuki won't be defeated until they have reached the apex of their power.

24. B.o.t.i

Still talking about oro pfff get over it.

25. Wrath

I would expect Akatsuki to go into the second stage, with them starting wars and using Bijuu as weapons and so on. Which means that there's a lot of potential stories to be told, with Konoha having to defend itself even as the heroes try to stop the real threat.

The key to victory will probably come from Naruto convincing all of the villages to follow his lead and not play into Akatsuki's hands. He's already got the Leaf and the Sand on his side..

26. PradaBrada

Pictures of said doll, I thought you were a fag? (well, after finding out you were male)

27. Dionysus

Hm... The author could write an epic tale of ninja warfare where heroes and leaders are born -- like Yondaime and the Sannin were in the days of yore. Or it could be snuffed out and come down to a quick series of fights culminating in a makeout scene between Naruto and Sasuke.

Which is more likely? Never underestimate a writer's ability to draw out a story if it remains a cash cow. Even if it the artistic integrity of a story is in question; cash has won out often enough. I imagine Kishi could be hedging his bets by having the possibility of a long story extension.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  28. Alekzu

Their plan sure does sound long-term. But where does this deadline of theirs fit in? At the end of part 1 they said they only hd 3 years left to achieve their goal. A plan like theirs isn't one that gets a deadline. Anyone got an explanation?

29. Gunners

They are working to a deadline they probably need certain things done by a set date so they can move on to the next stage of their plan.

30. Alekzu

I can buy that, but it still doesn't make sense to set a deadline for a plan like theirs. No matter what stage you're in. You let it take as much time that is needed. At least that's what I think.