1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[329] Objective

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by tilmaz, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tilmaz -_-

if the spoilers are correct (and probably they are) it seems that there is a line in this chapter

You get a view of Akatsuki
    Their objective is "World Domination" (A shot of AL from behind like usual.)

don't you think it is just too lame? i was expecting something cooler :mad

yeah i am sure there are more stuff to be revealed in the future about their objective but come on... world domination!

what do you think?

Tags:
  2. Hidan360 Member

aw lame. Could've done something more exciting like "uB3r Pwn4G3 t1m3"!

3. -GoW- seeing through shadows

It just shows how people are wrong about Akatsuki...

But in all honesty this was a pretty simple thing to assume since most members have a wreckless/greedy/violent personality.

Indeed... pretty lame.

4. Naruko Supporting Staff

This thread was done earlier but got locked til the RAW comes out..instead of rehashing the same arguments, maybe wait for that to come back, it was like 6 pages long. :kwgod

5. Vata Bang

Don't really know what else I expected. Collecting monsters to make super monster(s) and then start a war on everyone or something like that. Pretty lame but it can be done cool if Kishi handles it right.

Hopefully things aren't as simple as that and there will probably be added a lot of backstory and some twists and turns too. It had to be something big since it's.. akatsuki.

6. Uzumaki Yondaime Narutard

But here is an interesting question. Is it the leader that wants to dominate the world or is it everyone in Akatsuki? Kakuzu just seems to love money. Itachi is emo. Kisame is just Itachi's biatch. Hidan just likes to worship his god. Sasori and Deidara are art lovers. Like where is the I wanna dominate the world mentality?

7. Grrblt Banned

That thread appears to have gotten lost on the endless interweb highways (at least I don't know where to find it), so I suggest you stick to this thread instead.

8. Naruko Supporting Staff

It ended up in Reznor's Cave, but okee dokee!

9. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

I thought it'd be this. I mean what exactly did you guys expect?

Please tell me what else it could've been?

I just hope the methodology to Kingship is teh cool D:

10. Vata Bang

Exactly my point, but it's still lame :p. That term especially: World domination.

11. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

If you can't come up with something better you musn't have had any other expectations...

12. Halo True Love Conquers All

So the AL is actually the Brain? Kishi is ripping off of the Animaniacs!

At first I thought the "world domination" sounded a bit lame, but is it really? Its ultimately a power struggle, and we see that throughout political history. Bitter and/or ambitious individuals/groups usurping existing powers, take over, and reestablish a new form of government under themselves. If they fail, they just get punished.

All of the members in Akatsuki come from different villages (possibly some overlap) and had their reasons to betray their village. Some wanted power and some hold grudges, instead of destroying that village/country alone, why not collaborate with other bitter individuals and recreate their own territories with them as the head of power.

What will make it interesting is HOW they're going to accomplish this ambition.

13. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

It's not as if Orochimaru's objective is any more interesting...

14. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

There is nothing else it could've been. Even if they were putting bijuus in themselves, it would've resulted in world domination as well. Even if they were trying to awaken the King of Hell with all nine bijuus, it would've resulted in world domination. It's how they go about doing it that makes it interesting.

NO ONE with any sense of a Shounen manga should've expected any differently. There are quite frankly, no other options. Either they destroy everything, or they dominate everything.

15. Naruko Supporting Staff

When you're dealing with 'bad guys', I'm not sure what all options you consider acceptable then for them to have as their goals if world domination is too boring or lame for you. Plus I still don't think it will be just that simple...they have to want to dominate the world for some specific reason...there has to be something they wish to do with it beyond just....a lot of management related headaches, I would think.

Besides, the magic is in telling the story. There are no new story ideas anymore...there's only a few basic story types anyway, that's always been the case. All you can change is the setting and the style.

Just go with it! It'll be worth it, I'm sure:amuse

16. tilmaz -_-

good point. AL will be the king of the world... what about other members? are they going to be AL's dirty little helpers?

What was i expecting.... i think in naruto most of the impotant characters have sad backgrounds. think about sasuke.. basicly he is now evil because of his sad background.. Gaara thought he needed to kill people because of his sad memories again. Haku was a nice guy but he was helping zabuza because zabuza was the only one who cared about him. This is same for Kimimaro and Oro
    anyways, what i am trying to say is i can understand sasuke and why he wants to kill his brother. i can understand gaara, haku and kimimaro. But why does AL want to dominate the world? what kind of a solid reason can he have? he can't be just too ambitious and psycho because we already have a villian like this, Oro

17. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Well, there is one other option.

AL: We collect all nine bijuu. And then... WE SELL THEM! FOR 100 BILLION DOLLARS!

Kakuzu: SWEET!

Hidan: Aw, man! Lame.

But making piles and piles of money is a very weak final objective for an evil organization.

18. Jin-E Well-Known Member

Well, they could all be a bunch of bitter, grumbling and vengeful Missing Nins that are pissed off at their home villages for all the crap they've been through. To take away the villages greatest assets(Jinchuurikis) and use them to destroy the very own village they came from, would surely be the ultimate revenge over supposed injusticies they've suffered. So it could be that they wouldn't care about ruling the land but just that they wanted huge powers to create havoc and chaos among the powerful ninja villages.

Remember Oro wanted to destroy Konoha because off an old grudge and because he was jinxed of the Hokage title.

Im not saying that the World domination stuff is that bad. I think its OK and the more realistic goal any bad guy could have. But there were also other routes Kishi could have taken in regards to the Akatsuki plot.

19. Omolara Sasuke Defender

I was hoping for a "utopian" society with their new world order in place, which I guess is still world domination.

20. -GoW- seeing through shadows

World Domination = "Arghh! Power!"

Orochimaru's goal = "Enlightment. For that he obtained immortality... which was merely a mean to an end; Konoha's destrucion due to personal grudges; Sasuke's body in order to achieve his goal of knowledge"

Most Akatsuki members (all?...) are pretty plain/lame characters... so expecting an ultra deep ambition would be rather unrealistic. It is a possbility... but I doubt there will be any depth behind their actions. Deidera, Kisame, Hidan, Kakuzu... c'mon...

21. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

We still don't know why Itachi joined Akatsuki. I doubt it was because he wants to rule his share of the world. More likely, Itachi wants to obtain the Kyuubi because of its connection with his clan and Uchiha Madara.

22. The Pink Ninja Infamous Cocksucker

I've just realsied the problem with Kakuzu.

You see all the others either want to improve their skills (Like Itachi's container which currently contains a urine sample), rule a nation/village (Which requires skills) or fuck Itachi (Kisame).

Kakuzu however just wants money. And all he can do with that is live the good life. In Five years he'll be overweight and balding sitting in front of his TV drinking scotch and watching Ich Icha Grandma. No threat to anyone really.

Unless he opens his own business; Kakuzu brand knitting supplies maybe?

23. Uzumaki Yondaime Narutard

lol enlightenment? Where are you pulling this stuff from?

24. Sypher Red Dawn

What else were you expecting?

They're gathering the most powerful demons in the world to...convince these demons to hand them over the recipie for the worlds best cheese cake?

A good 98% of the antagonists in comics like this are all bent on world domination in one form or another.

The interesting part is how they plan to do it. I'm sure Kishimoto has a very elaborate plot cooked up for just how Akatsuki plans to go about it.

25. Halo True Love Conquers All

Marsala, do you at least know what Kisame wants?!

26. Pyroneko 28 Member

If it's not the fate of the village hanging in the balance, it's the fate of the country. If it's not the fate of the country hanging in the balance, it's the fate of the continent. If it's not the fate of the continent hanging in the balance, it's the fate of the world. If it's not the fate of the world hanging in the balance, it's the fate of the galaxy. If it's not the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance, it's the fate of the universe. If it's not the fate of the universe hanging in the balance, it's the fate of existance.

This is nothing new, and what could we honestly except?

27. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Somebody in the spoiler said that Kisame only cares about fighting, but The Pink Ninja already said Kisame's real objective above.

28. -GoW- seeing through shadows

From his mouth, when he said his ambition was to understand this world, by learning all jutsus (in order to do so he needed immortality).

29. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I just find world domination to be an very un-ninja goal. Then again I always suspected it would be their goal so I don't feel either way about it. =/

30. Splyte Active Member

i dont really think WD is the true objective more like:
    1. world dominition was just a way to sum every single thing they really wish to do.
    2. or AL has a hidden agenda, he tells the rest of Akatsuki that only so they dont act up. So basically he is using them