1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

[329] Sounds Like Orochimaru's type of Organization

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by 4ghost, Oct 26, 2006.

1. 4ghost

A mercenary organization that's prime objective is to cause war throughout the world. These are the objectives of Akatsuki a goal that would keep those of the shinobi world forever relevant and the world cast in a darkness of constant war.

This organization seems perfect for Orochimaru. One who as he says, "enjoys watching things in motion......it's dull when things are at a standstill isn't it?" These goals fit Orochimaru's ideals perfectly they allow him to see just what he craves seeing the countries at war the world in chaos.

So what would cause Orochimaru to leave that organization? It was said he left when it became clear to him what Akatsuki's goals were. His leaving the organization also coincides with Itachi's arrival into that group. It could be that he didn't realize the goals included the sealing of all of the Bijuu's into that statue. Even if Orochimaru was aware of that it may not have mattered until it became apparent that they weren't creating new jinchuuriki's, but sealing the bijuu's for some other purpose.

It could be that Orochimaru intended to stay within that group as long as hi identity as the Eight Tails remained hidden.

Tags:
  2. iamwubbie

See what I wish I understood about Akatsuki and Orochimaru is why Orochimaru wanted to be involved.

I felt Orochimaru's true goal was to acquire all jutsu and learn. Kind of like an evil scientist who wants to understand the true nature of the world around him. Immortality is a major part of that goal because he needs more time. Research he wants to undertake will take a long time. He understands that... so... he perfected the Immortality jutsu.

Sasuke's bloodline allows him to copy and learn jutsus at a faster rate. If you also consider the Bijuu, being a jinchuuriki would give him an almost infinite chakra capacity. The tailed beasts would allow him to overcome any chakra requirements. For example, Kakashi can barely use the Mangekyou Sharingan because of the sheer strain of using such a high level technique + the Sharingan itself + the fact that he's not an Uchiha.

So I'm wondering what Orochimaru wanted in Akatsuki. I don't believe Orochimaru is a world domination kind of guy.

3. nif

Orochimaru doesn't care about world domination

And he doesn't care about wars either, that was an excuse to hide his classical motives of revenge over his hated/beloved Sarutobi. Did you really believe it wasn't tears? :nod

Orochimaru goals about truth & knowledge are way more noble that Akatsuki's crap world domination

4. Genesis

This chapter proves Oro ain't a playa. He left the organisation because their plans are a lot bigger than his. He wants to learn all jutsu and to just keep things moving.

Akatsuki is bringing a new Era and wants to keep it like that under their control.

5. Woofie

So... when he's learned all the jutsu in the world, he's just going to retreat and live a quiet, satisfied life in the forest for all eternity, is he? Since he isn't interested in wars or domination.

6. Hubbahubba

I don't think oro was so happy about a group leading the world. I feel he wants the same thing, but he figures there can only be one most powerful being in the world, what he was doing with the organization was too group minded. He's too greedy, he figures there can only be one, and it should be him.

7. superflyninjaguy

i'd say its simply because of itachi. it's hinted this for awhile. my guess is he joined akatsuki cause he liked their overall plans and thought y the hell not. then he had some disagreement with itach, itachi pwned his ass and he left.
    i'd also be willing to bet that he still fancies taking over the world but not to share it which is why he's hoping konoha will take care of a akatsuki members.

8. Odlam

I think the Akatsuki Leader is playing the group, and Orochimaru's exit and Itachi's entrance were both due to whatever this unknown motive actually is.

The AL most likely has a higher goal than the group itself, Orochimaru was most likely interested in the group until he discovered the truth behind the organization. And Itachi's interest and entrance into the group probably also goes beyond what the other members know, and was his true reason for seeking admission.

Perhaps Orochimaru actually tried to disrupt Akatsuki's actions years ago when he found out, and that's what led to a confrontation with Itachi, who wants thier plans to move forward.

I think the AL, Oro, and Itachi all have knowledge of Akatsuki's true purpose, and the rest are in the dark.

9. CM Pope

Orochimaru knew about the Bijuu ergo he knew about their goal as well.

He probably left because he couldn't 'obtain' Itachi and his personal goal was to get immortality, learn all jutsu, become ultimate being etc etc

That's his own, personal aim that comes first so perhaps he wants to concentrate on that first and then take the world himself.

10. 4ghost

One of the reasons that a Mercenary organization such as Akatsuki would appeal to Orochimaru is because it proliferates war. We have to remember that Orochimaru sees war as a way to gain in that truth and knowledge. If the world is in chaos and countries are at war it will force the survivors to develop new jutsu that was inspired by their loss.

When Kabuto once spoke of Tsunade the Legendary Medic Nin he called those that told of her legend the victims of that Medic nin. He was basically saying that the entire reason for Tsunades legendary status was because of her losses. The victims he spoke of didn't suffer loss therefore didn't develop into stronger shinobi to not experience such losses again.

11. Kinjishi

Actually Orochimaru is too self ambitious for Akatsuki. He is more interested in becoming the ultimate shinobi with respect to jutsus, than world domination. He probably only joined Akatsuki in the first place to collect more jutsus for his goal.

12. MadeUpFacts

13. Genesis

One of the greatest mysteries solved. Now for the rest.

14. QuoNina

I would imagine that Orochimaru learns AL's purpose, but he still wants to do it in a ninja way. He still envies those who get the title of Hokage. I think he still wants to achieve the pinnacle of what a ninja can do.

For AL, it's pure domination of all villages.

Orochimaru yearns to learn all jutsus and likes challenges and the motion of fighting. I don't think it necessarily line up with AL's polieconomical philosophy of taking over the world. AL doesn't really care much about proving he is the best shinobi as long as he obtains the power to control everybody else.

Oro certainly has a crave for power after he founded the sound village, which is probly why he joined Akatsuki in the first place. Yes, world domination might be of Oro's interest at that moment. (Because in doing so he proves that he is the best.) But as soon as he sees challenges such as Itachi, his desire to be the best timeless shinobi arose... Even if they are in the same organization, this is still a threat to him. His ultimate desire is still to challege everyone.

After all, Oro still wants to be the greatest shinobi, maybe he even feels detests and threats by Akatsuki's plan, and use it to further justify his decision to leave. He stole the ring and he also wants to eliminate Akatsuki now. They are rivals in world domination, and probly holds different philosophies, too. Who knows, imo he doesn't have to be a jinchuuriki to justify his leaving.

15. Dionysus

Oro likes watching fat people run on treadmills.

16. Sariachan

Maybe he was just curious, and he was searching for a new "container" as well.
    I can see him doing that.

17. nif

I totally agree there should be more into the Leader objectives (hopefully) Itachi objectives (related to Sasuke and Orochimaru I believe) and why Orochimaru left

we'll see by the end

18. 9TalesOfDestruction

he dosn't like to play second fiddle.......

His goal is to live forever...that's his purpose....

akatsuki just want constant war and to rule the world....

he may have joined just to get his hands on something....maybe planned on staying untill the end then just taking what he wanted (itachi). But underestimated itachi's strength. Or maybe he felt itachi wouldn't like him taking his little brother as a container.

19. Halo

Oro has multiple goals, his primary objectives are to master all jutsus and achieve immortality. His secondary objective is to crush Konoha. Like Hidan, Oro was probably convinced that joining Akatsuki provided him a faster route to accomplishing one, if not all of these objectives. Since Akatsuki is all about world domination, Oro wants to have his share of the pie and in this case, Konoha. However, someone as opinionated as Oro most likely grew impatient and started figuring out his own way to achieve this goal. Furthermore, realizing that Itachi was no longer an attainable container, he had no reason to stay with Akatsuki at all. So he defected from the group, started his own plan, and focused on an alternative container, Sasuke.

While Oro is no longer part of the group, its clear he remains very interested in their course of action and vice versa. Most likely, who ever accomplishes their goals first has the advantage over the other party. Its quite possible that Oro learned more of the AL's (possibly Itachi as well) ulterior motives and realized it would prevent him from accomplishing his. So with that in mind, he decided to defect and pester them from the sidelines.

ETA: Poor Oro, he most likely didn't meet Hidan before he left. Hidan would've found a new convert, Oro would've achieved immortality & invulnerablity.

20. Rikudou

WTF, stop downgrading Oro's purpose in this world, dude.:p
    He wants to live forever, because he wants to learn all jutsu's and abilities in this world, making him 'The Ultimate Being', aka 'God'.

If you learn all the jutsu's and abilities, no one can stop you. He wanted Shodai's abilities just to controll Mokuton, but especially the Bijuu control.
    If Akatsuki made themselves Jinchuuriki, the'd all be dead against Orochimaru when Oro achieves his goal.
    He can learn lost jutsu's just by summoning dead people and order him to teach their jutsu. This way he could learn all the secrets of Madara, The White Fang, Sandaime Kazekage, Kimimaro, Sandaime, Yondaime, etc, etc.