1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

[329] Still excited about Akatsuki?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by James, Oct 26, 2006.

Akatsuki still your main interest?

1. No, 329 is the chapter that ruined Akatsuki.

16 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. Yes, Akatsuki will always be the ultimate in badass!

70 vote(s)
    73.7%
  3. Don't give a shit/Always preferred Orochimaru's involvement

9 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. James

So after 329, how do you feel about Akatsuki now? Are you still very interested in seeing them in future chapters, as well as desperate to see the leader and unknown member, or are you now more interested in Sasuke and Orochimaru's situation?

Personally for me after this chapter I'd rather the story switched back to Orochimaru I think, because he's the more interesting villain to me now that the leader has turned out to be (assuming it's true) some bore that talks too much and has a crappy clich? plan. Before now I was Akatsuki all the way and couldn't wait to get away from the Orochimaru shit too....argh.

So how do you feel?

Tags:
  2. Megaharrison Retired Staff

I'm more excited now then ever. His plan is far more then "Use the demons to destroy stuff" and it's going to be awesome to see how this works out.

3. Woofie

I'm less excited than I was, but still more interested in them than anything else in the series (unless you count Itachi separately), including Orochimaru.

4. Deeo

After 329 Akatsuki became even more interesting.
    More AL please :wtf.

5. TicoTico

I'm just as excited as I was before this chapter. Still don't know what to think about the new revelations, the story can still take quite a few different routes.

6. Shinnou Genkaku

Im still interested even though it only shouldve taken one panel to say, we'll use money to take over the world

7. mow

Precisly. I was seriously apprehensive at first, but this could cause so much to go on.

8. Trov

I love Akatsuki even more now... badass mother truckers, ruling the world in suits and ties and buisness proprosals.

9. Genesis

Yeah, first people were putting down Akatsuki saying Oro is a bigger threat. It's pretty much solid that he's the ultimate villain given the scope of his plans but the fact that we don't know his reason for what he's doing makes me interested in what it could be.

10. Darth Judicar

Just as enthusiastic as I was before this chapter. They're still very interesting, as I can't wait to find out the names and appearances of the AL and Blue Hair.

11. Spy_Smasher

I'm still interested in Akatsuki -- but I'd still rather see Sasuke.

12. Futagokage

I am more interested in them than before, they have a clear way to attain their goal, and I am also interested in the why are some members (like Itachi) in the group. This chapter revitalize Akatsuki for me.

13. Ghost_of_Gashir

Flag:
    Russia, Colombia

Sasuke and Orochimaru contributed to the worst story arc in part two. More Akatsuki, please. World domination through economics=win

14. TenshiOni

Uh, this chapter only increased my excitement.

They're inevitably going to start the fucking 4th Great Ninja War and bijuu-warfare will be involved.

Hello? Is that you, Awesome?

15. Hubbahubba

still very interested. After reading this chapter things like sasuke, orochimaru, the rest of kanoha etc seem like miniscule little things or no major importance all of the sudden. I like that, the manga ranges from very close and personal to large gradiose things, and connects them all.

16. Halo

Yes. With the revelation that Hidan had no idea what Akatsuki's goal was, yet he joined for his religious reasons, most likely other, if not all members of Akatsuki has their own agenda for joining with the world domination helping them reach that goal faster. It'd be interesting to learn what each member's motives are, especially Itachi.

However, I do want to see some Oro again.

17. Woofie

It would only be awesome if Akatsuki were directly involved in the fighting, though. Bijuu and other villages are boring compared to them. :p At the moment, looking at their plan, it's hard to see exactly when Akatsuki (the real members that is, not the army) are actually going to take part in the action. >_>

I'm slowly starting to come around, though... I can see some potential in this future plot, even if it isn't exactly perfect. I'm hoping Kishi makes the most of it. :)

18. iander

Totally agree but I never disliked Oro's role either. I like the idea of multiple sides to any conflict not just good vs evil. It will be interesting to see how Oro's plans interfere with Akatsuki and what happens as a result.

19. Genesis

I think it's because Oro like for things to keep moving while AL is planning on bringing everything under Akatsuki's control and keep it like that.

Already a conflict between them but there could always be more reason behind it.

20. KuwabaraTheMan

Its a perfectly acceptable plan, but hopefully people will realize Akatsuki aren't the main villains.

Yeah, they'll threaten the whole world, but the personal villains will always be the most important.

But it is an interesting plan, at least. We should probably get a few could side arcs out of the Akatsuki before resuming the main story line.

21. Genesis

I think this pretty much made them the main villains. Their plan is not a side arc and will take considerable time to accomplish. It just added fuel to the fire of Naruto resolving the issue with Oro first before he worries about 9 crazy Mofos who plan on changing the known world as it is.

22. KuwabaraTheMan

No. The main characters don't give a flying shit about these guys. They'll take them out, and then move on to taking care of the villains they've been chasing after and caring about for forever.

Notice, when they talk about Orochimaru(or Kabuto, like when Sakura and Kakashi mentioned him), they speak in awe and talk about their great abilities.

When they speak about Akatsuki its along the lines of "Its time to take care of these Akatsuki fellows".

23. Jin-E

It certainly increased my interest in Akatsuki. With this detailed plans and with all the possible twists and turns this could lead to its pretty damn hard not to be affected in a positive way.

Im also looking forward to the Orochimaru/Kabuto/Sasuke storyline as well.

24. Genesis

At the moment, Naruto is focused on getting Sasuke back. Whether you want to accept it or not, he's going to go through Kabuto and Oro first since that's top priority for him.

Naruto cares about Sasuke, he doesn't give a damn about Oro. Sakura cares about Sasuke and Akatsuki and specifically Itachi since he's the main reason that everything has happened to Sasuke.Itachi is in Akatsuki.

Akatsuki's goal are going to take a long time and they're going to come for Oro first before they finish them. You actually stupid enough to believe Oro and his bitch Kabuto can survive 9 S-class criminals (2 who are stronger than him for defos) and Konoha?
    Stop chatting shit.
    The whole of part 2 has been focused on Akatsuki and their goals and whether Naruto can save Sasuke. Oro's ambition of learning all jutsu and keep things moving doesn't mean shit compared to that.

25. Sariachan

But after this I appreciate Orochimaru more, too, since he seems like an "old school" shinobi. Evil, really evil, but still into the shinobi system (as we know it), not outside of it like the AL.

26. Rhaella

Taking a break from the manga and then catching up made me appreciate Akatsuki in a way I hadn't before. They're my favourite characters now, and this chapter only helped that. I don't see this as cliche... I see this as disillusioned ninja going to whatever means necessary to overthrow a society that they can't deal with.

And I love it.

And I'm sad that there's no poll option for people who like Akatsuki but view them in shades of grey. :(

I don't think there is a main story line. Everything's interconnected at this point. Konoha vs. Akatsuki vs. Oro. Everything is equally important... if Akatsuki is nothing more than some unnecessary side arc, they wouldn't bloody well even be in the story.

Hell, there doesn't even need to be one final villain, and Akatsuki is every bit as central as Orochimaru.

27. 7thHokage

Who isnt interested in a group that is going to take over the world, I wonder if Brain will join Akatsuki anytime soon.:oh

28. Franckie

I'm still interested but mainly because of the AL.

29. geminis

I love Akatsuki even more now.....I like Hidan for speaking his mind and revealing to the readers that Akatsuki isn't all knowing and all connected mafia wise. Hidan's speach gives Akatsuki individuality and I respect that. Hidan is a crazy mofo I wonder if he still thinks it's ok for him to deny his loyalty to Akatsuki. I bet a new shinobi will challenge him for the spot, or AL may slap him around a bit. If not, then blue-haired.

30. Khamzul

Personally I think Akatsuki lost some of the mystique. However, when we are talking third ninja war and releasing the bijuus, I can't say I'm really disapointed. I would have preffered something shorter though, however - this was a great chapter.