1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

360 for PS3?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Akira, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akira

I've recently bought an xbox 360 and didn't think it to be too bad, but when i heard about some of the stuff on ps3 i thought i'd better sell my xbox and get a ps3 instead but im still undecided. Opinions Anyone?

Tags:
  2. dementia_

I think it would be a good idea to keep the 360 for now and but a PS3 later when it's cheaper if you absolutely have to buy one. It'll be hard to obtain a PS3 for a while anyway due to the production shortages, and X360 has quite a few good games coming down the pipeline, starting with Gears of War in November and Lost Planet in December.

3. Vegitto-kun

Keep your xbox 360, currently I find it better then anything the PS3 has to offer. not to mention the top titles that are coming out .

1. even if you sell your xbox360 you wont come ANYWHERE near the PS3 price
    2. games are too expensive according to analysts
    3. You most likely won't be able to get one anyway XD
    4. the console WILL have bugs and its just too expensive
    5. The PS3 top titles wont come out untill atleast mid 2007 hell games like DMC4(even though I think it doesn't look like anything special) and MGS4 will probably come out end 2007

so keep your xbox360 since its getting its own share of top titles and then in say a half year- year get a PS3 at maybe 550 or something for the premium and the games will also be cheaper most likely and most bugs will be gone

4. Goofy Titan

Sell the 360 for that? Hell no. It, like every upcoming system, HAS some interesting games coming up. Getting rid of it for a PS3 is limiting the greatness of it all. Getting rid of the Xbox would be fine, because most, if not all the killer titles of it can be played on the 360.

5. Vegitto-kun

Yeah the PS3 is losing so many exclusives like assasin's creed and such

6. Gunners

Hmm what sort of games are you into?

Like I don't know what type of games you like so I can't advise you without some form of bias.

7. Goofy Titan

I? Many games, Action, RPG, Platformers, but tis not the point. The point is that there aren't a lot of games that truely round off that price point for the PS3 at this second.

Like, spending around 700 bucks for 20 hours of enjoyment seems like a waste in the short run. But, of course more will be added to the table, more to justify it. As of now, there isn't much that warrants the price of the system and the games that would appeal to me. Tis all I am saying comrade.

8. Gunners

A bluray player. Tekken, Final fantasy, White knight story, resitance, lare, Assassins creed, Oblivion, metal gear solid 4, Devil may cry 4, Grand tourismo, Genji 2.

Saying it doesn't have much games is an unfare statement. Those are titles I just thought of in anycase.

It cost $700? Anyway to you the price doesn't warrant it. From the looks of things he doesn't seem to care about the price so much.

It is about the system and the games it has, which to me isn't that bad. For him I don't know what type of games he likes so choosing a PS3 could be a bad or good choice for him.

Could you stop insulting and dragging KNs name into the convo, this is the sort of thing which causes a flamewar.

9. Shogun

10. Goofy Titan

Still...none of that I see a point in smashing out so much money for. Most of it will be prettier generic stuff we get now, minus some of those.

I'm saying it doesn't have enough games to justify over FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. 7 or so games by no means justifies that much dough. At all.

Around $700 for the system, ONE SINGLE GAME, and some extra stuff. That i think, is ridiculous.

I'm not saying the PS3 is a peice of walking turdsauce, I'm saying it doesn't have much on the table to warrant so much money.

And please, Gran Turismo, if the transaction shit is true, is possibly the worst idea for a video game ever, where it can cost over FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS to have all the damn content in the game.

11. Vegitto-kun

Blu-ray isn't anything special hell hollywood is going for HD-DVD more and more

Tekken = decent fighter

Final fantasy = has been sucking ever since 10

White knight story = what is really know from it? a fancy video and the story and the way of fighting which seems completely retarded. You have to prepare yourself for EVERY fight?

Resistance = shooter like there are millions

Never heard of lare

Assasins creed is on xbox360 with better AI

Oblivion is also on XBOX360

MGS4 hasn't show anything special and I am seriously seriously dissapointed in that ingame video they showed =/ impossible for the X360 my ass

DMC4 from what I have seen it is just the same like always

Grand tourismo= whoopy a HD version of GT4 and pay per car for the true graphic quality

Why are you even bringing up genji 2? seems like a completely crap game

12. Gunners

Does the PS3 cost $700? I thought it was like $600 and $500. The $500 is a cool choice none the less.

There are two version if I remember correctly. Anyway you are letting hatred mix with your post.

Like I said it depends on what this guy actually likes. If he likes X games he is better of with a 360, if he likes Y games he is better of with a PS3 mini, if he likes Y+multimedia he is better of with the PS3 premium.

My advice write down a list of games you want. Then scale them from 1-10 how much you want them. Then add the points up for each system and make your choice based on that.

Vegito those are your opinions on the game, I was listing games which are comming to it the PS3 games which he would possibly consider and are somewhat selling factors of the PS3.

And after final fantasy 10 they suck? 11 was online, 12 to my knowledge hasn't come out yet. And 10 as far as I know owns.

13. Goofy Titan

No, I said $700, then in my post after, explained why I said $700. Most people who will buy a PS3 will want a game with it, rounding that off is $700.

But eh, in the end; have both. I say wait till the PS3 has much more to offer. 10 or so games doesn't justify spending so much money. More games will come, and you should wait till then, cause overall, most of the stuff will be cheaper by that time. The good games already out, the system and that like. It works better off. Hell, it would even be easier to get.

14. Vegitto-kun

15. Gunners

Yeah but you buy a game for any console. So you don't really include that when comparing which to get or keep.

The other part is cool. If I was in the situation I would keep my 360 and get a PS3 when I can. Like you will end up loosing money sellling back your 360.

The situation I am in I will just get the Playstation 3 as I don't have a 360.

But like I said before. Get a list of games you wish to get. Give them set points on a scale of 10 and see which one wins.

16. Sikibrada

I would keep the XBOX and buy the ps3 because XBOX 360 has very high emulation compatibility. You might be able to play ps2 on 360 someday. :p

17. Vegitto-kun

Um, yeah and lose access to XBOX live since you need to modify your xbox just for playing copied games let alone ps2

18. Sikibrada

You don't lose jackshit. And Xbox live costs money like world of warcraft.
    With the normal Xbox 1 there was just a plug and play chip and done. It will be even more easier with firmwares. Just how they cracked PSP, their gunna hack PS3, 360 and WII. :nuts

19. Sikibrada

BTW im talking about a emulators for 360 and ps3. As it is already possible to play N64 on Gamecube and Xbox.:p

20. Vegitto-kun

you had to turn of your chip for xbox live on the XBOX so in other words you cant go online with copied games the same is with the XBOX360, hell that is even worse since it has updates

21. Sikibrada

Yeah whateva, I had already decided to go with PS3 cause i had ps1 and ps2.
    Btw... my ps2 blew up 3 days ago:cry

22. Vegitto-kun

23. Akira

Thanks a lot for all these opinions, and well, I definetly want to get DMC4, MGS4, Z.0.E3, Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken 6, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, These were mostly the games that attracted me to ps3. Im not really too fond of a lot of the 360 games.

24. Vegitto-kun

Too bad those games wont come out untill atleast middle 2007 japan and end 2007 in america and begin 2008 in europe

25. Sikibrada

I don't care since im not a fan if XBOX, so my awnser is yeah i can handle being wrong. (altough I think im right:p)

26. Akira

Why are they being released a year later in the uk?

27. Sikibrada

28. Vegitto-kun

Its called translating, first japanese to english then to most languages in europe

and your in the UK ? Haha prepare to wait untill may (march? I forgot) 2007 for the PS3

29. Akira

Im not really too bothered about waiting till march for Ps3 as long as i get one eventually.

30. Goofy Titan

Sadly, UKers are always given the scraps of the bones after Japan and US get through with it.

Like you guys are getting KHII like, 2 days ago where everywhere else in the world it is old stale news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.